PDA

View Full Version : Dear Abby...my daughter is a whore

Teh One Who Knocks
01-19-2012, 02:50 PM
By Abigail Van Buren | Dear Abby

DEAR ABBY: My 18-year-old-daughter, "Olympia," is a beautiful, intelligent young woman who graduated from high school last spring, was accepted to two universities and started her first job. When she lost it recently, she was devastated. Instead of trying to find another one, she decided to turn to prostitution. When I asked her why, she said she doesn't want to work her butt off for peanuts.

Other family members and I have tried to make Olympia see reason, but she's determined to do this. I am extremely frustrated with her decision. I have warned her about the dangers she'll face in that "occupation." I know she's of age now and needs to make her own choices, but I'm afraid for her and don't want to lose her if we have a huge argument over this. What can I do? -- ANXIOUS MOM IN SACRAMENTO

DEAR ANXIOUS MOM: For an "adult," your daughter's decision-making leaves a lot to be desired. Prostitution is illegal. It's not a viable career option. Is she aware that her "line of work" offers no job security and the benefits will last only as long as her looks hold up?

Regardless of the argument that may ensue, let her know that although you love her, you are worried sick about her, and disappointed and furious at her poor judgment because she has far more to offer than what she's selling. Warn her she's heading down a path that's hard to come back from. If she won't change her mind, then you must accept that your daughter will have to learn her lessons the hard way. But let her know your door will be open to her.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Phone #?

Muddy
01-19-2012, 02:56 PM
I wish we had some pictures...

DemonGeminiX
01-19-2012, 02:57 PM
RBP will find her for us.

:tup:

Acid Trip
01-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Prostitution is one of the world's oldest professions. Just sayin.

Joebob034
01-19-2012, 03:45 PM
When I asked her why, she said she doesn't want to work her butt off for peanuts.

Now she allows things to be put in her butt for peanuts

RBP
01-19-2012, 04:58 PM
RBP will find her for us.

:tup:

:shifty:

Shady
01-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Even if she see's only 5 clients for a hour every two, she should be making at least $3000 a month, tax free.

Hal-9000
01-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Below is growing trend/attitude for a lot of young people in our city.They expect to get a 60k /year job right out of high school or college.Anything else and they sneer and turn their noses up at it.

"When I asked her why, she said she doesn't want to work her butt off for peanuts."

Teh One Who Knocks
01-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Below is growing trend/attitude for a lot of young people in our city.They expect to get a 60k /year job right out of high school or college.Anything else and they sneer and turn their noses up at it.

"When I asked her why, she said she doesn't want to work her butt off for peanuts."

:clap:

Not just your city dude....it's all over this country down here. It's the 'me' generation.

Hal-9000
01-19-2012, 11:07 PM
I've met some of the younger braintrust who all have ipads, iphones, new 30k cars and credit cards, while living off of Mom and Dad.They're in debt to credit card companies to the tune of 50 grand before they hit 23 years old...some get great jobs, others make their parents pay off their debt and provide funds for down payments on their mortgages....and they think they're 'making it.' We see the occasional new hire here who works for a week and then says - I can't survive on this wage or do this type of work because I'm not getting paid enough to do it...

they all seem to want a job at a desk, where they can surf the net and get a huge salary with limited skills...yet few of them put the time into actually learning a skill in college or university

Muddy
01-19-2012, 11:55 PM
:clap:

Not just your city dude....it's all over this country down here. It's the 'me' generation.

We were generation X.. This new generation should be called... Quote me now... "Generation Entitlement"

Hal-9000
01-19-2012, 11:58 PM
We were generation X.. This new generation should be called... Quote me now... "Generation Entitlement"

That's exactly what I get after talking to these mooks.....they feel the world owes them the corner office, parking spot, company vehicle...

Muddy
01-20-2012, 12:01 AM
In job interviews they ask about the company's social networking policy... :lol:

Hal-9000
01-20-2012, 12:05 AM
I remember that story :lol:

just today after Porky posted a ladyboy gif, I showed it to the east Indian boys and they were amazed.So my next google search was hot transsexuals, to demonstrate that yes...there are people with boobs and dicks.....then I thought - if my IT dept is tracking my browsing habits oh boy is my face gonna be red :oops:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2012, 12:05 AM
I am the IT department at work :spy:

Hal-9000
01-20-2012, 12:11 AM
We don't have one (in Western Canada) :lol:

we email an entity in Ontario, get a ticket and wait by the phone.Which is all fine and dandy unless it's an EMAIL problem or hardware failure :doh:

deebakes
01-20-2012, 04:11 AM
way to go daughter :tup: