PDA

View Full Version : Man arrested in connection with Starbucks hammer attack

Teh One Who Knocks
01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
WTSP-TV Channel 10

http://i.imgur.com/vDakd.jpg

Harbour Beach, FL (Florida Today) - A man faces multiple charges connected to a hammer attack of a customer and two employees inside a beachside Starbucks.

Tuesday afternoon, Indian Harbour Beach police arrested Robert C. Jacobs, who lives near the Starbucks at 1918 State Road A1A, where he's suspected of wearing a ski mask while terrorizing the people inside.

Jacobs, 30, has been charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a mask, one count of armed burglary and one count of felony criminal mischief.

Lt. Mark Rowley with the Indian Harbor Beach Police Department said the suspect went into the store at about 5:45 a.m. and assaulted one customer with a hammer. That customer tried to intervene when the suspect subsequently assaulted two employees with the hammer. No one was hurt, but the suspect did do some damage to the store.

"The customer and the employees were pretty shook up as far as being threatened with a hammer," Rowley said. "It doesn't appear that he went in to rob the place, it's more of a case of threatening the employees."

Rowley applauded the work of the officers involved in apprehending Jacobs. He said police had responded to the same Starbucks on Monday when employees called 9-1-1 about an incident involving Jacobs.

"I think he had some kind of beef with the employees," Rowley said.

Rowley also said several officers had to run after Jacobs as he fled down the beach before his arrest.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
caffeine is a heluva drug

Acid Trip
01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
"I think he had some kind of beef with the employees," Rowley said.

:hand:

There is no beef at Starbucks, only crack in a cup.

deebakes
01-20-2012, 04:27 AM
people who go into starbucks deserve to be hammered :hand: