PDA

View Full Version : Child Eaten By Crocodile In Front Of Father

Teh One Who Knocks
01-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Sky News

http://i.imgur.com/RZesX.jpg

A 10-year-old girl has been eaten by a crocodile as her father watched on helplessly.

The child was swallowed by the giant saltwater reptile after it sprang from a river in Indonesia.

District official Victor Mado Waton said the victim was searching for turtles with her father and brother in East Nusatenggara province at the time of the tragedy.

Mr Waton said villagers found pieces of the girl's clothing several hours later but there was no sign of her body.

The girl's father was a few metres away when the reptile attacked but there was nothing he could do, Mr Waton told journalists.

Last month, a boy was killed by a crocodile in the same river.

Villagers living nearby have reported a loss of livestock in recent weeks as well.

redred
01-22-2012, 11:59 AM
shocking but the croc's live in water ,same when i see shark attacks they are only doing what is nature to them

FBD
01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
if I were lurking around there where there were tons of crocs, crikey I'd be carrying a big knoife. and I would have dove right the fuck in.

Richard Cranium
01-22-2012, 04:46 PM
But the biggest kick I ever got
was doing a thing called the Crocodile Rock
While the other kids were Rocking Round the Clock
we were hopping and bopping to the Crocodile Rock

deebakes
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
:suicide: ?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-22-2012, 05:42 PM
http://media.tapirpirates.net/i/crocodile-dundee-screenshot-you-call-that-a-knife11.jpg/400

Godfather
01-22-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't mean to sound like some tough guy behind a keyboard on the web, but standing a few meters away while your daughter is attacked be a croc and doing nothing? That sounds cowardly. I dono, I'd think most parents would turn on that blind maternal/paternal hulk rage and throw a car at it or something. Or at least try...

Maybe that's ridiculous.

Goofy
01-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't mean to sound like some tough guy behind a keyboard on the web, but standing a few meters away while your daughter is attacked be a croc and doing nothing? That sounds cowardly. I dono, I'd think most parents would turn on that blind maternal/paternal hulk rage and throw a car at it or something. Or at least try...

Maybe that's ridiculous.

I was thinking the same, surely you would risk life and limb to prevent anything happening to your kids :wha:

MrsM
01-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I would like to think so... but I've seen croc's attack on tv and it's pretty quick and they could be gone in seconds.

Either way... I couldn't imagine watching that.