PDA

View Full Version : Man attacks mother-in-law during spat over belching in car

Teh One Who Knocks
03-10-2011, 05:35 PM
By Laura Lane - Bloomington Herald-Times

http://i.imgur.com/b1LXA.jpg

Police charged a Solsberry man with battery, intimidation and strangulation Tuesday after his mother-in-law reported he attacked her during an argument about him belching in the back seat as she drove her car on Bloomington’s Rogers Road.

Joseph Cunningham, 33, also was wanted on a warrant for failure to appear in court in February for a hearing in a check deception case against him. He turned himself in at the Monroe County Jail late Tuesday afternoon.

According to a Bloomington Police Department report, Cunningham’s 55-year-old mother-in-law told an officer she was driving on Rogers Road near Sare Road about 10:45 a.m. when her daughter’s husband “spat out a sour belch” that had a foul odor. She complained about the smell, and said Cunningham took exception to her comments and said he could not help it.

The discussion turned angry, she said, and Cunningham announced he wanted to get out of the car. Before she could pull over, the woman said, her son-in-law — seated behind her — reached forward and put his hands around her neck. She said she could not breathe.

She told police she broke free and stopped the car as her daughter, in the front seat, tried to assist her. She said Cunningham then opened the driver’s door, grabbed the woman and punched her in the face and chest. She said he uttered the words, “I’ll kill you, f------ bitch,” then ran off.

She complained of pain to her jaw, and police photographed red marks on her neck.

Arkady Renko
03-10-2011, 11:37 PM
one happy family, huh?

Hugh_Janus
03-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I fucking hate people burping in a car :x