PDA

View Full Version : I’m a 39-year-old virgin saving myself for the right man

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2012, 04:39 PM
By DULCIE PEARCE - The Sun

http://i.imgur.com/mThbY.jpg

HOLLYWOOD makes fun of 40-year-old virgins but for Charlotte Baird it is not a scary prospect.

She turns 40 in May and has never even KISSED a man, let alone slept with one.

Charlotte made the decision at 11 that the first man she slept with would be The One — and she hasn't met him yet.

She says: "I know it will shock many people that I still haven't slept with a man at my age but I have always been happy with my decision.

"Living a life of celibacy makes me feel secure and in control of my life.

"This is why I choose to be open and honest about my decision.

"Being celibate suits me and as I have never had sex, I don't miss it."

Charlotte, a theatre manager from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, doesn't live a solitary life surrounded by cats. She loves travelling, has an extensive social life and is a black belt in martial arts.

She feels that concentrating on herself will help her form a better relationship when she DOES meet the right man.

She says: "I love my life and just because I haven't 'done the deed' doesn't make me weird.

"I'm happy knowing that one day I will have a wonderful and fulfilling relationship with a man I love.

"At the moment being celibate is quite fashionable, as it means being in control of your life.

"There are internet forums full of women who have decided against sleeping with a man until they meet The One because they don't want to give themselves to just anyone.

"I feel sorry for young people who think they have to do certain things because their peers are. They need moral guidance and to feel they have a choice.

"Some women spend hours waiting for a man to call and others think that sleeping with a man will make them like them more.

"I've seen so many girls get their hearts broken because they have given themselves to someone who doesn't appreciate them."

Charlotte does not often date — her last dinner out with a man was two years ago. Before that, she had not been taken out for eight years.

She says: "I'm honest about my choice to be a virgin. While some men run a mile, others see it as a challenge."

Charlotte's parents are John, 80, a former businessman, and Rosemary, 72, a veterinary nurse. She also has a brother and a sister.

"My dad's never questioned me about it," says Charlotte. "Probably because he's a man and he's embarrassed. My mum does find it baffling.

"I think she worries about me and obviously wants me to be happy. My family know my life as a virgin works for me. I adore kids and am a godmother to four of my friend's children and my sister has three — all who I love dearly.

All of Charlotte's friends know about her choice to remain a virgin.

She says: "Some ask about my decision but whatever the question, I'll answer it.

"I don't find it awkward or embarrassing to talk about my choice."

Charlotte is also a member of 6,000-strong group Celibrate, which promotes the no-sex lifestyle, and says: "I love being a part of it. People choose to be celibate for all different reasons.

"For some it's religious but for many it's because they have had their heart broken and don't want to give themselves away so easily.

"Some people have suggested that I'm hiding behind celibacy to avoid pain, but I'm not.

"I just have a conviction this is the right thing to do."

Although she enjoys her independence, with the landmark birthday just around the corner Charlotte is now considering signing up for a celibate dating website.

"Obviously meeting Mr Right would be wonderful, but I'm in no rush," she says. There are a few things my perfect man would have.

"He would have to be tall, an animal lover who is young at heart, but also very responsible.

"It would be wonderful if he was also a virgin, so we could make this big step together. I realise that this is unlikely though, as not many men choose to be celibate.

"I think I will know The One when I see him and it will be a magical bolt from the blue.

"Until then I am willing to wait."

MrsM
01-24-2012, 04:58 PM
A few thoughts...
1) does she masturbate?
2) Why do some women think that having sex is "giving themselves away" - sex feels good, why wouldn't I want to feel good
3) I'm not saying just have sex with anyone, just to have sex. but if you want it and are protected, what is the harm of a little fun?
4) when she finally does have sex, I bet she will be disappointed because she has this fantasy in her mind. It will get better but there will be disappointment

Muddy
01-24-2012, 04:59 PM
This chicks insane..

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2012, 05:14 PM
keep fuckin that chicken

Joebob034
01-24-2012, 05:15 PM
:hitit:

Griffin
01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
I wonder how she feels about anal.

Muddy
01-24-2012, 05:35 PM
I think if this is the decision she's made then she should shut the fuck up and quit blabbing it to the whole world.. Go home, play with a kitten, and knit a fucking sweater... STFU weirdo...