PDA

View Full Version : Indian businessmen don't reply to emails from women

Southern Belle
01-25-2012, 03:52 AM
One of the duties of my new job is to make travel arrangements for my boss, who is VP of Supply Management. He is planning a trip to India and China and I'm working on getting Visas for him for both countries. One of the Visa requirements is that he submit a letter of invitation from the company he is to visit. His former assistant (who I'm replacing) sent an email to the Indian company requesting a letter of invitation for him early last week. I followed up last Friday since we haven't had a response and the trip is early March. I spoke to her about it yesterday and she told me that in India, men do not respond to emails from women. She had to ask the boss to request the letter of invitation. She said he (the VP) along with an American representative of the company in India had a conference call with the company in India last year to tell them that they HAVE to respond to emails from females here. Apparently it didn't do any good.
I'm thinking wtf? I know they have a low regard for women, but I didn't know it extended into the business world.

Godfather
01-25-2012, 04:14 AM
That's insane. Hard to believe this coming from a country that's supposed to be up and coming in the world.

I have a friend who is Indian who had an arranged marriage, and as per tradition, she spent the first year of her marriage living with her in-laws. They treated her like slave labor, she had no life and was forced to cook and clean and be berated by her new husband's family. :wha: Like Cinderella without a nice ending

Richard Cranium
01-25-2012, 04:37 AM
3rd world douche bags,,

If I were you I would start an alias email account persona to get the job done and then fuck with these idiots..

Southern Belle
01-26-2012, 02:14 AM
I've since thought about using my initials and last name as my signature. Barbarians, the lot of them.
They immediately responded to the boss.

Griffin
01-26-2012, 02:21 AM
stop using perfumed stationary on international emails

Southern Belle
01-26-2012, 02:23 AM
:lol: