PDA

View Full Version : If you left 35 pounds of meth in a suitcase at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, police would like a word with you

Teh One Who Knocks
01-25-2012, 11:55 AM
By Marcus K. Garner - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://i.imgur.com/GO27V.jpg

Federal authorities said Tuesday that they discovered more than 35 pounds of methamphetamine arriving with baggage from Mexico at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

During luggage X-ray screening Friday, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents identified an unaccompanied bag containing 16 individually shrink-wrapped bricks of a crystal-like substance that tested positive for the dangerous drug, authorities said.

“The bags were tagged to … in-flight passengers arriving from Mexico City,” Customs spokesman Sean Crep told The Atlanta-Journal Constitution. “But further investigation revealed that that was part of the concealment method.”

The consignment, Crep said, was believed to be part of an inside job, possibly involving workers at the Atlanta airport. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents continue to investigate.

This is the second such smuggling attempt discovered at Hartsfield-Jackson in the past year, Crep said, pointing to a growing problem across the country. “This is becoming a nationwide trend,” he said.

In February 2011, Customs officers discovered a suitcase containing 21 kilograms of cocaine wrapped in a yellow material and doused with perfume.

In the latest incident involving the meth shipment, it is unclear where the final destination was or how either package was to be retrieved, authorities said.

“In both instances, it is believed that officer presence resulted in the internal conspirators failing to pick up the load,” Customs spokeswoman Tamara Mathews said in a statement.

Hal-9000
01-25-2012, 04:23 PM
It's mine! It's mine!!! :face: thank you so much....

where are we going? :confused:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-25-2012, 04:49 PM
I hope I can grab this at baggage claim