PDA

View Full Version : Boycott of Starbucks to launch on Valentine's Day: End "open carry" gun policy

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Starbucks’ Love for Guns Prompts Gun Victims’ Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine’s Day 2012
By Shauen V. T. Pearce - Fellowship of Reconcilliation

CHICAGO, IL.: A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine’s Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim’s Action Council (NGAC), a network of representatives of 14 million gun victims, the faith community — including the Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation — and secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.

WHY STARBUCKS?

Currently, Starbucks allows guns and assault weapons to be openly carried in its stores (in 43 states) and concealed and carried in its stores (in 49 states) (See Photos) (http://gunvictimsaction.org/guns-in-starbucks/). Starbucks’ compliance with the National Rifle Association’s Pro-Gun Agenda was exposed in 2010 when members of the “open carry” movement began meeting in popular chains, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Peets, IKEA, Disney and Starbucks openly carrying their handguns and assault rifles. (Types of Guns) (http://gunvictimsaction.org/fullview/)

To protect their customers and employees, all of the retail chains — except for Starbucks — banned guns from being carried in their stores.

“Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone’s risk of being a victim of gun violence,” says Elliot Fineman, C.E.O. of the NGAC. “Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S. If we had England’s gun laws we would expect 375 gun homicides each year — 97% less than we have. England’s gun laws are based on protecting public safety, ours on maximizing sales for the gun industry.” (Non-Sane Gun Laws) (http://gunvictimsaction.org/7nsgl/)

Starbucks has the legal right to ban guns, but despite having been petitioned by thousands, asked at a shareholder meeting, and a direct appeal made to their Board, Starbucks clings to this policy that puts millions of Americans at risk every day and encourages the spread of guns being carried in public.

IMPACT OF STARBUCKS BOYCOTT

Fineman says, “Starbucks steadfast support of the NRA’S lethal pro-gun agenda damages its “socially conscious company” brand. Further,” adds Fineman, “Monte Carlo Simulation risk analysis indicates that 90% of the time, our boycott will reduce Starbucks stock price by an amount no rational company would allow.”

According to NGAC, the boycott will end when Starbucks rejects the NRA’s pro-gun agenda by banning all guns from their stores and committing to be an Aggressive Corporate Advocate for sane gun laws.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't usually post crap like this, but it is so full of outright lies and misrepresentations, that it is beyond comical. These are the types of morons legal gun owners have to put up with on a daily basis and people should be aware that yes, uniformed idiots are out there and they will lie and do anything to take away your rights that they don't believe in.

I love how they don't let facts get in the way of their arguments. Too bad so many morons, I mean people, fall for this kinda rhetoric.

I left the links to their 'photos' that they use to make their arguments :rolleyes:

Loser
01-26-2012, 03:50 PM
It's chicago....WTF did you expect? :lol:

KevinD
01-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Well.

I don't normally frequent Starbucks (though my wife does) I think I'll take her for a cuppa on 2/14 as my own personal anti-protest protest. I'll be sure to bring my pistol and perhaps an "assault riffle" or two.

DemonGeminiX
01-26-2012, 03:53 PM
14 million gun victims? If the homeowners had aimed better, maybe this organization wouldn't exist.

8-[

KevinD
01-26-2012, 03:59 PM
I like this:

“Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S.

Fucking pathetic.

Godfather
01-26-2012, 04:22 PM
What a joke. I'll be sure to hit Starbucks that day as well.

Acid Trip
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Well.

I don't normally frequent Starbucks (though my wife does) I think I'll take her for a cuppa on 2/14 as my own personal anti-protest protest. I'll be sure to bring my pistol and perhaps an "assault riffle" or two.

What a joke. I'll be sure to hit Starbucks that day as well.

I'll join you. My gun is always concealed but I may open carry that day just for the fun of it.

Arkady Renko
01-26-2012, 04:48 PM
actually I've gone back to drinking there since they switched to organic coffee from fair trade. guns in the US don't exactly bother me when I'm tired...

Godfather
01-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Right on, it'll be the first pro-starbucks movement ever :lol:

I go to Starbucks too... there is another coffee shop nearby, and usually I'd hit the small business but the employees are rude, it's more expensive and their coffee is worse than Starbucks. Starbucks gives me every 15th coffee free, and the girls there are hot :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-26-2012, 04:58 PM
I like this:

Fucking pathetic.

Exact quote I was pulling :roll:

Godfather
01-26-2012, 05:22 PM
That link in the first post is ridiculous too :roll:
http://gunvictimsaction.org/7nsgl/

Is that last point about the NRA even true at all? Seems like pure bullshit.

Griffin
01-26-2012, 05:34 PM
FFS!!! The guys in that picture are cops.
These cops just happen to like muffin tops and danish rolls instead of glazed doughnuts.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2012, 06:10 PM
FFS!!! The guys in that picture are cops.
These cops just happen to like muffin tops and danish rolls instead of glazed doughnuts.

Groups like this never let facts get in the way of their fear-mongering and lies.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2012, 06:10 PM
That link in the first post is ridiculous too :roll:
http://gunvictimsaction.org/7nsgl/

Is that last point about the NRA even true at all? Seems like pure bullshit.

Of course it isn't true, just like all the other BS in this 'article'

Godfather
01-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Of course it isn't true, just like all the other BS in this 'article'

:lol: Good

Had a hard time believing the NRA wishes to arm school-children and the senile....

Shady
01-27-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't usually post crap like this, but it is so full of outright lies and misrepresentations, that it is beyond comical. These are the types of morons legal gun owners have to put up with on a daily basis and people should be aware that yes, uniformed idiots are out there and they will lie and do anything to take away your rights that they don't believe in.

Did you mean uninformed?

I have boycotted Starbucks every day of the past 5 years. Went in for one cup of coffee, ended up having to talk like a douche, realized the coffee sucked and vowed never to go back.

I'm completely for second amendment rights and just put in my FOID application.

FBD
01-27-2012, 01:14 PM
I'll be joining you guys at starbucks on valentine's day. I'll be sure to buy my couple pounds of italian roast, and I'll get a cappucino also, just to say fkuc you to these idiots. They probably wont realize that what they're doing is actually going to make starbucks some money :lol:

I dont get their brewed coffee either, its just never right. But dammit I cant make espresso like they can. Love italian roast, but it taste 100 times better made at my house with good water and proper temperature.