PDA

View Full Version : Day care worker accused of taping child to the floor

Teh One Who Knocks
01-27-2012, 12:18 PM
By: Bryce Anslinger - WCPO-TV Channel 9

LUDLOW, Ky. - A 20-year-old woman is facing a first degree criminal abuse charge for allegedly using duct tape to secure a child to the floor at a local day care where she worked.

Ludlow police arrested Alicia Lyons on Wednesday after she admitted to taping the child to a mat during nap time.

If convicted, Lyons could face up to 10 years in prison.

The alleged incident happened in October at Mustard Seeds Childcare on Oak Street in Ludlow. However, the company learned about the alleged crime only yesterday.

The Kenton County Commonwealth's Attorney, Rob Sanders, told 9 News that a fellow worker told the mother of the victim who then contacted police. The victim was less than two years old at the time of the alleged incident, according to police.

The company said Lyons initially denied the allegation on Wednesday, but later admitted to the incident. Day care officials fired Lyons and notified police as well as Kentucky Office of the Inspector General, the state office in charge of regulating day care facilities.

9 News spoke to Nicholas Wilson of Fort Thomas who said he holds Mustard Seeds in high regard.

"We haven't had any problems with them," Wilson said. "I know one of the workers there personally and so far these are only accusations."

Lyons was released from the Kenton County Jail after posting a $2,500 bond Thursday. She had been an employee with Mustard Seeds since Aug. 18, 2011, and passed all background checks required under state law, according to the company.

The owners of the day care said they are cooperating fully with police and state officials and will take actions to ensure such allegations do not occur in the future.

The company, which has been in business for three years, said this is an unfortunate, yet isolated incident. Owners will be purchasing video camera equipment for all three locations. The other Mustard Seeds locations are in Covington and Florence.

Lyons is scheduled to appear in court on Friday morning.

Joebob034
01-27-2012, 03:16 PM
duct tape huh? :-k I'll have to remember that next time I babysit my niece and nephew

deebakes
01-28-2012, 03:04 AM
how the fuck is the even possible? what sort of shady fucking place is this? :-k

allsmiles
01-28-2012, 03:26 AM
:worthless: