PDA

View Full Version : Student, 20, counts cost of cheap drink promotion after video of her dancing naked in nightclub paddling pool goes viral on internet

Teh One Who Knocks
01-29-2012, 12:00 PM
By Gavin Allen - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/H33mX.jpg

A student is counting the cost of cheap drinks promotions today after video of her dancing naked in an inflatable paddling pool at a nightclub went viral on the internet.

The university student - who MailOnline has chosen not to identify - woke up this morning to find that a 10-minute video of the incident at Oceana nightclub in Cardiff had been circulated widely on Twitter.

Her behaviour is a classic example of Britain's binge-drinking culture - and the embarrassment it can cause.

And the speed with which her drunken antics went viral highlights the power of social media.

A one-minute version was available on YouTube and attracted more than 1,000 hits in less than 10 minutes. It has now been removed.

The 20-year-old took part in a wet T-shirt contest as part of the Missbehaviour event - billed as 'Cardiff's naughtiest night' - where vodka and other spirits cost just £1.75 for a double.

At the event, which boasts the cheapest drinks in Cardiff, bottles of lager and alcopops were on sale at £1.20.

While other girls thought it enough to remove their tops, the student stripped off entirely and frolicked in the inflatable paddling pool.

With another reveller filming the 'contest' on a mobile phone, she leans over the edge of the pool plays for the cameras.

The Rihanna song S&M plays loudly in the background as men cheer and chant 'Off, off, off.'

As the student is exposing herself herself, the MC uses his microphone to shout: 'Get em 'off'.

The shame-faced student, who had clearly been drinking, used her Twitter account to send a message a day later which read: 'Yes I got drunk and yes I got naked.

'We all do things we regret and there is nothing I can do about it now!'

The embarrassed student later Tweeted that she had also lost her underwear, her earrings and had not been given £50 prize money for the wet T-shirt competition.

She was too embarrassed to comment when contacted to comment.

Student Luke Brown, 23, said: 'There was a lot of cheering going on and I looked around to see a naked girl in the paddling pool.

http://i.imgur.com/JRyAB.jpg

'She seemed to be having a good time and everyone was reaching for their mobile phones to video her.

'I think the club staff stepped in to cover her up but I’ve seen one of the videos on twitter and it lasts for 10 minutes.

'Everyone had a lot to drink - I’ll bet she’s regretting it now.'

A spokesman for the Oceana club said: 'The night in question was a promoter event - this is where the event is put on and run by a third party.

'Oceana does not condone such behaviour.

http://i.imgur.com/03Z11.png

'The Oceana door team dealt with the incident at the time and the clubs management has had the appropriate conversation with the promoter regarding this.'

The video of the student in the paddling pool has now been removed from YouTube.

Chris Sorek, from alcohol education charity Drinkaware, said: 'There's nothing wrong with enjoying a few drinks on a night out.

'But the digital world we live in means that people who have been drinking to excess can have their actions come back to haunt them online.

'What might appear fun when drunk can feel foolish and embarrassing in the cold light of day.

'Drinkaware research shows that over a third [38 per cent] of 18-24 year-olds admit to experiencing "cybershame" - regretting something they've posted online when drinking on a night out.

'And 47 per cent of those polled admit to un-tagging drunk photos of themselves they didn't want others to see.

'Thirty eight per cent also reported feeling embarrassed about seeing pictures of themselves online doing things they don't remember after a night of excessive drinking.'

He added: 'There are simple ways to prevent a night taking a turn for the worse and avoid seeing embarrassing posts and pictures splashed over the internet the next day. Eating a meal before drinking or when out and making every third drink a soft one can make the difference between having a good night or a bad one.'

http://i.imgur.com/tuKjQ.png

Loser
01-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Amy McCrow is her name, nice tits...

Godfather
01-30-2012, 07:26 AM
:lol: I've seen girls do equally stupid shit at bars where cover is $20 and drinks are $9.50

It's not the prices...

Hugh_Janus
01-30-2012, 10:05 AM
:lol: I've seen girls do equally stupid shit at bars where cover is $20 and drinks are $9.50

It's not the prices...

well get you, mr flash with his cash

redred
01-30-2012, 10:38 AM
:lol: he has a job now you know

Tank
01-30-2012, 11:24 AM
she's a student in the Uni i work, Unfortunately she isn’t a member of my gym! :(

ohh and thats not even the nightclub in the pic, its the pre party bar next door! :rolleyes:

i did have a link for the vid, but it got taken down

redred
01-30-2012, 12:14 PM
theres still links out on the web ,but just shakey phone vids

deebakes
01-31-2012, 01:01 AM
nsfw :worthless: