PDA

View Full Version : Armed man looking for "The Man" arrested

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2012, 05:23 PM
By Cynthia Roldan - Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

http://i.imgur.com/8ox1W.jpg

LANTANA — A moped-driving, sai-carrying, gun-wielding Greenacres man was arrested Sunday evening after he threatened a woman in her home while asking for "the man."

Victor Scott Borchert, 40, is being held at the Palm Beach County Jail this morning in lieu of $25,000 bond. Bochert, who has been ordered to possess no weapons and have no contact with the victim, is facing charges of aggravated assault with a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.

According to the probable cause affidavit, a Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputy was dispatched around 6:56 p.m. on Sunday to suburban Lantana to reports of an aggravated assault.

The homeowner, a 24-year-old woman whose name is withheld in the affidavit, said that she called 911 after a man she did not immediately recognize knocked on her front door. She said that she opened the door and recognized the man later identified as Borchert, but didn't know his name at the time.

Borchert pointed a gun to her stomach as he held a sai - a Japanese dagger-shaped martial arts weapon - in her direction, the affidavit stated. Borchert asked the woman where "the man was." The woman said she insisted, as she did previously, that no man lived in her home, only her and her two children.

She said she slammed the door, and he hopped on a moped and fled.

Borchert was found in the 700 block of Minor Road when the initial responding deputy spotted the moped.

Two pistols - a Walther P22 and a Steyr M9 - were found on Borchert, the deputy noted the affidavit. Borchert argued that they were for the protection of his business, but the deputy noted that he was in the public and needed a concealed weapons permit.

Borchert then invoked his right to speak to an attorney.

The deputy, who noticed Borchert had bloodshot eyes and smelled of alcohol, then found the sai inside the man's Ford pick-up truck.

JoeyB
02-01-2012, 09:00 PM
A moped-driving, sai-carrying, gun-wielding Greenacres man was arrested Sunday.

Green Acres is the place for me, farm living is the life for me!
Land spreading out so far and wide, keep Manhattan just give me that countryside!