PDA

View Full Version : Teacher accused of using hot sauce to discipline students

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2012, 10:42 PM
WFTV-TV Channel 9

KISSIMMEE, Fla. — A special needs teacher in Osceola County could be fired for allegedly using hot sauce to discipline her students.

Lillian Gomez is currently suspended from her job at Sunrise Elementary School in Kissimmee.

She’s accused of pouring the hot sauce on crayons to stop autistic children from putting them in their mouths.

Family members of some of the students involved told WFTV they want Gomez fired.

"I was really upset. I couldn't believe it. Honestly, I was like how can a teacher of so many years do something like that,” said Osceola County resident, Karina Holguin. “They got to be traumatized, especially for a kid who can't express himself like any other children that can tell you this hurts or doesn’t hurt.”

Holguin said she's outraged because two of those children are her 5-year-old nephews.

The alleged incident happened last fall.

When the district found out about it, Gomez was removed from the classroom.

The superintendent is now requesting she be fired. A termination hearing is set for later this month.

Goofy
02-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Hot sauce isn't abuse...... surely it's a treat :-s

JoeyB
02-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I put hot sauce on everything. Crayons? Maybe!

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2012, 11:40 PM
:-s

Who doesn't like their wax crayons with Dave's Insanity Sauce? That's as American as apple pie.

:tup:

Goofy
02-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I put hot sauce on everything. Crayons? Maybe!

If i was gonna eat crayons then damn right id be putting hot sauce on them :tup:

deebakes
02-02-2012, 03:00 AM
:drool:

allsmiles
02-02-2012, 03:52 AM
I don't think this is something worth her getting fired over. She needs to be reprimanded, but not fired. The only thing that really bothers me about it is that my dad used to use hot sauce to teach dogs not to kill chickens, and I don't like the idea of special needs children being treated like dogs.

deebakes
02-02-2012, 04:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rZZpn.gif

JoeyB
02-02-2012, 05:51 AM
If i was gonna eat crayons then damn right id be putting hot sauce on them :tup:

Or perhaps a nice chocolate sauce.

I don't think this is something worth her getting fired over. She needs to be reprimanded, but not fired. The only thing that really bothers me about it is that my dad used to use hot sauce to teach dogs not to kill chickens, and I don't like the idea of special needs children being treated like dogs.

I'm more disturbed by how your dad treated his dogs.