PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: Girl Scouts' Relationship with Planned Parenthood "Very Valuable"

Acid Trip
02-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Pelosi: Girl Scouts' Relationship With Planned Parenthood ‘Very Valuable’
By Elizabeth Harrington
February 1, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Planned Parenthood’s relationship with the Girl Scouts of America is “very valuable,” Wednesday, at a congressional reception to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the organization for young girls.

Rep. Pelosi was featured at the reception with a group of female government leaders to promote the Girl Scout’s new initiative “To Get Her There,” which seeks to create “gender balanced leadership” in one generation.

After the event CNSNews.com asked Pelosi: “The Girl Scouts has had some ties to Planned Parenthood, do you think that’s a valuable relationship to have working together?”

“The Girl Scouts have relationships with many organizations,” Rep. Pelosi replied.

“And, yes, I think they are all very valuable.”

The Girl Scouts have been linked to the nation’s largest abortion provider in the past. In 2010, a panel sponsored by the Girl Scouts USA at the United Nations Commission featured a Planned Parenthood pamphlet called “Healthy, Happy and Hot," according to published reports.

A portion of the pamphlet read: “Many people think sex is just about vaginal or anal intercourse. But there are lots of different ways to have sex and lots of different types of sex. Sex can include kissing, touching, licking, tickling, sucking and cuddling. Some people like to have aggressive sex, while others like to have soft sex and slow sex with their partners. There is no right or wrong way to have sex. Just have fun, explore and be yourself!”

A similar pamphlet was distributed at a Waco, Texas Girl Scouts organization in 2008 that included information on masturbation, diagrams of adults having sex and a boy putting on a condom.

That year then-CEO of the Girl Scouts Kathy Cloninger told NBC’s “Today” show, “We have relationships with our church communities, with YWCA's, and with Planned Parenthood organizations across the country, to bring information-based sex education programs to girls.”

A Girl Scout conference was also co-sponsored by Planned Parenthood in 2004.

Today’s event also featured Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Sen. Barabara Mikulski (D-Md.), and other members of Congress who praised the organization’s advocacy to increase the number of females in leadership positions in the U.S.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-girl-scouts-relationship-planned-parenthood-very-valuable

PorkChopSandwiches
02-02-2012, 04:06 PM
:tup: Good, maybe we will have less unwanted pregnancies

Joebob034
02-02-2012, 04:53 PM
A portion of the pamphlet read: “Many people think sex is just about vaginal or anal intercourse. But there are lots of different ways to have sex and lots of different types of sex. Sex can include kissing, touching, licking, tickling, sucking and cuddling. Some people like to have aggressive sex, while others like to have soft sex and slow sex with their partners. There is no right or wrong way to have sex. Just have fun, explore and be yourself!”

:wank:

FBD
02-02-2012, 06:05 PM
well of course, the girl scouts need to be taught that there's nothing wrong with abortion

PorkChopSandwiches
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
they also teach about safe sex to avoid abortions

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
well of course, the girl scouts need to be taught that there's nothing wrong with abortion

There isn't...it's a personal decision to be made by the individual, not by the government, period. Pro-life people need to get themselves a fucking life....they don't like abortions yet I don't see them down at the adoption agency adopting any of the tons of unwanted children that are already on this planet.

RBP
02-02-2012, 06:12 PM
There isn't...it's a personal decision to be made by the individual, not by the government, period. Pro-life people need to get themselves a fucking life....they don't like abortions yet I don't see them down at the adoption agency adopting any of the tons of unwanted children that are already on this planet.

Well, depending on when the abortion takes place.

Joebob034
02-02-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't understand why you just can't put it up for adoption if you don't want it

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Well, depending on when the abortion takes place.

I still don't care, none of my fucking business

I don't understand why you just can't put it up for adoption if you don't want it

Do you know how many unwanted kids there already are in this country? Yeah, we should just encourage people to bring more into the world :thumbsup:

RBP
02-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I still don't care, none of my fucking business

I don't believe you that you hold that opinion. You never defended the late-term abortionists as legitimate.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't believe you that you hold that opinion. You never defended the late-term abortionists as legitimate.

:-s

What, I have to start a pro-late term abortion thread before that can be my opinion?

You know who I like poking their nose into my life? No-fucking-body....and that's the way it should be for everyone. If you aren't infringing on someone else's rights, then people and the government should stay the fuck out of the decision being made.

RBP
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
:-s

What, I have to start a pro-late term abortion thread before that can be my opinion?

You know who I like poking their nose into my life? No-fucking-body....and that's the way it should be for everyone. If you aren't infringing on someone else's rights, then people and the government should stay the fuck out of the decision being made.

So let's ok throwing babies into the trash after birth with impunity then. Personal decision not infringing on anyone's rights, right?

Good public policy does infringe on what you call "rights." Not all behavior is a right.

Joebob034
02-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Do you know how many unwanted kids there already are in this country? Yeah, we should just encourage people to bring more into the world :thumbsup:

so the kid should not live instead of being alive and unwanted?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2012, 06:28 PM
So let's ok throwing babies into the trash after birth with impunity then. Personal decision not infringing on anyone's rights, right?

Good public policy does infringe on what you call "rights." Not all behavior is a right.

Yes, yes, because those late-term partial birth abortions are happening multiple times a day every single day. And they just yank the baby out and throw it in the trash :thumbsup:

:roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2012, 06:32 PM
so the kid should not live instead of being alive and unwanted?

Yes

Joebob034
02-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes

:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes

Are you sure you dont want more drains on society? I'm sure they would turn out to be a very productive citizen

RBP
02-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes, yes, because those late-term partial birth abortions are happening multiple times a day every single day. And they just yank the baby out and throw it in the trash :thumbsup:

:roll:

Don't put words in my mouth, mr. sarcasm. So you believe that protection-worthy life begins at birth, whether that birth be at 4, 6, or 9 months? But that viable fetus doesn't deserve the same protection while still inside the mother. Is that correct? And you disagree with state laws that charge a double murder for killing a pregnant woman and her baby? also correct?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Are you sure you dont want more drains on society? I'm sure they would turn out to be a very productive citizen

Exactly

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Don't put words in my mouth, mr. sarcasm. So you believe that protection-worthy life begins at birth, whether that birth be at 4, 6, or 9 months? But that viable fetus doesn't deserve the same protection while still inside the mother. Is that correct? And you disagree with state laws that charge a double murder for killing a pregnant woman and her baby? also correct?

Whatever you tell me to believe will be my new POV since clearly you don't believe what I have already said is my opinion and I am tired of repeating myself.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2012, 06:42 PM
I've turned over a new leaf, I think women should have as many babies as possible...and I'm gonna write to my congressmen and tell them they should remove the limits on benefits for women with kids. People should get extra taxpayer money every time they have a new kid.

:cheers:

RBP
02-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Whatever you tell me to believe will be my new POV since clearly you don't believe what I have already said is my opinion and I am tired of repeating myself.

whatever

perrhaps
02-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I've turned over a new leaf, I think women should have as many babies as possible...and I'm gonna write to my congressmen and tell them they should remove the limits on benefits for women with kids. People should get extra taxpayer money every time they have a new kid.

:cheers:

Here in PA, they do.

JoeyB
02-02-2012, 09:17 PM

I am anti abortion because it is murdering a living person. Like it or not, that is the fact. And I agree with Joebob...adoption is a viable option.

Newborns get adopted quickly, in fact, childless couples actively seek newborns to adopt. Often they pay all the medical bills for the pregnant person. It's a win for everyone, including the baby.

If you aren't infringing on someone else's rights, then people and the government should stay the fuck out of the decision being made.

It's a terrible infringement on the right of the baby not to be murdered.

That's pretty much what they do dude.

FBD
02-03-2012, 10:46 PM

While its a personal decision and many times its simply made out of pragmatism - I cant even utter the words "there's nothing wrong with it" - I dont necessarily want to force my personal views down anyone's throat (unlike economical things where outcomes are pretty cut and dry in comparison yet some still believe in Unicorn Vending Machines and I wind up feeling compelled to tell someone that paying somebody not to work does not create wealth) but...really, girl scouts do not need to be educating girls on sex and abortion. Scouts are to learn skillz, and not fking bedroom skillz, or how to get out of what you did in the bedroom skillz. If you want the government out of the bedroom...what's the difference? I wouldnt want scouts telling my daughter how to suck dick, what the best condoms are, or where to go "fix your mistake."