PDA

View Full Version : Latest Super Bowl party treat: chicken wing cupcakes?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-04-2012, 12:11 PM
By Michael McCarthy - USA Today

http://i.imgur.com/UhaaA.jpg

Everything about the Super Bowl is big, including the parties millions of Americans will attend Sunday. But here's a new party treat that will make you the talk of your Super Bowl XLVI bash: Chicken Wing Cupcakes.

Yes, a New York state bakery named Coccadotts Cake Shop is selling a combination of cornbread and bleu cheese frosting -- with a big ol' chicken wing on top. Said Rachel Coca-Dott, owner of the bakery in Colonie near Albany:

I was thinking about the Super Bowl. What goes with the Super Bowl but chicken wings? And I said, 'Oh, a chicken wing cupcake, Rachel?' And I tried five or six recipes and the last recipe when I was ready to call it quits I think we kinda nailed it on it.

Something about this possibly vomit-inducing snack has struck a chord with the national media. ABC's Good Morning America did a piece on them Friday morning. The bakery's taking orders for the concoction on its Facebook page.

As chicken wings continue to rise in popularity, Americans are expected to devour 1.25 billion wings Super Bowl weekend, or four for every man, woman and child in the U.S., says the Wall Street Journal.

Super Bowl is the top at-home party event of the year (ahead of New Year's Eve), according to the NFL, and country's second biggest food consumption day of the year behind Thanksgiving.

Goofy
02-04-2012, 12:12 PM
:puke:

Muddy
02-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Thats nasty dude..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I didn't create it :lol:

Muddy
02-04-2012, 02:17 PM
After a few beers I may try one though... :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-04-2012, 02:17 PM
I dunno if I would, I really don't like blue cheese :yuck:

Muddy
02-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I like it on hot wings.. But mixing it with that corn bread batter is where I got grossed out..