PDA

View Full Version : Malaysians make off with all -- including house

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Reporting by Min Hun Fong; editing by Liau Y-Sing

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) – A Malaysian landlord was shocked to find his double-storey wooden house missing while making his rent call, local daily The Star reported on Friday.

Zuria Ali, 30, said he was greeted by the sight of scattered wood, a damaged television set and twenty-four concrete pillar holders when he went to the site of his house in Malaysia's northern Perlis state bordering Thailand.

"I had heard that my house had vanished and was curious to find out the truth," Zuria was quoted as saying by the newspaper.

He lost his furniture, cutlery, cupboards, a dining table and a refrigerator and estimated his losses to be about 30,000 ringgit (6,200 pounds).

Zuria's neighbour, Ah Kiung, said he saw three men and a trailer arriving at the house last month.

"I thought the three were carrying out the dismantling work on instructions from the landlord," Ah Kiung said. "I did not suspect anything until he (Zuria) asked me about it.

Police confirmed receiving a report about the "missing" house, the newspaper said.