PDA

View Full Version : Watch This Beauty !!!

Saif
02-06-2012, 11:31 AM
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r399/Saif_Alvi/397351_2538174855167_1277497532_32273568_503280022 _n.jpg

Godfather
02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
:(

Muddy
02-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Big wolf... But Im with GF.. :sad:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2012, 09:00 PM
you going to eat that you fucker?

Muddy
02-06-2012, 09:03 PM
He was just mad cause he was born with a tiny penix...

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2012, 09:04 PM
I have no problem with hunting as long as you eat it, you know this fucker isnt eating dog.

Muddy
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Agreed.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs

Godfather
02-07-2012, 03:50 AM
I have no problem with hunting as long as you eat it, you know this fucker isnt eating dog.

Agreed.

That thing looks like my buddy's Malamute, which is the nicest dog ever. Kinda bums me out anyone would shoot that animal unless it was self defense.

deebakes
02-07-2012, 04:07 AM
looks fake to me :-k

JoeyB
02-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Who knows if it's real or not, but wolf hunting is on the rise and always to the point of pack extinction. I'm constantly involved in efforts to curtail that garbage. (Contact me by PM if you want to sign a few petitions as they come up).

I have no respect for hunters...there is something fundamentally flawed in the mind of a person who takes pleasure from the stalking and killing of a living creature.

Godfather
02-07-2012, 05:27 AM
I'm against hunting an animal that won't be eaten, or that's even remotely endangered, to the point where I would sign that petition...

But Joey are you vegan or a hypocrite? Because I could post a dozen videos on Cattle slaughter houses. That's flawed. Hunting deer and fishing, like my brother's gf's family does to eat all winter up north, is not IMO.

JoeyB
02-07-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm against hunting an animal that won't be eaten, or that's even remotely endangered, to the point where I would sign that petition...

But Joey are you vegan or a hypocrite? Because I could post a dozen videos on Cattle slaughter houses. That's flawed. Hunting deer and fishing, like my brother's gf's family does to eat all winter up north, is not IMO.

You've never read any of my posts have you? [-(:mrgreen:

First, I have heard this 'if you eat meat you cannot criticize hunting' argument and it is bogus. Hunting is taking pleasure from killing, which is fundamentally flawed. I oppose the cruelty of it.

Second, just because you can find other things that are also cruel does not justify any other action. (the slaughterhouse reference). Activities exist outside the excuse of other inhumanities.

Third, it goes far, far beyond slaughterhouse horrors...animals raised in the corporate system live a horrible existence from birth...it's really disturbing.

Fourth, and I guess you were the only one around here who did not know, but I am a vegetarian as well as an avid animal rights activist. Though to be honest, I almost did not add this because it is irrelevant to the argument.

Also: you did sort of accuse me of being a hypocrite...I'm assuming you meant no offense though.

As for the wolves...here in America they are routinely killed down to the point where individual packs are wiped out, or left with insufficient numbers to continue. It's profoundly stupid and invariably done to aid ranchers.

Godfather
02-07-2012, 05:58 AM
Also: you did sort of accuse me of being a hypocrite...I'm assuming you meant no offense though.

Not at all, although that word is provocative. My apologies.

JoeyB
02-07-2012, 06:01 AM

Not at all, although that word is provocative. My apologies.

No need dude. I told you I assumed you didn't mean anything. You aren't particularly hostile. Except when promoting olives, obviously.

KevinD
02-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Hmm, where do I start.

First, I believe the op Pic is a fake. Never heard of a Wolf that size. Either that or the dude is a midget.

Previously, the biggest wolf on record was 175 lb Alaskan wolf reported in 1944.

This looks to be quite a bit larger. I somehow doubt it. Reminds me of the "Alberta record Wolf"

http://westchesterbowhunting.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/montana-wolf-230-lbs.jpg

Now, on to the issue of hunting. (oh boy)
Yes, there are some who derive pleasure from killing animals, no doubt.
The vast majority of people I know that actually hunt, do so for the enjoyment of the entire hunt, not just the kill. I don't personally hunt anymore (and haven't really since I was 20 or so) but not because it's unethical. Mostly it's because basically, I'm lazy.

I don't believe in "Animal Rights" as such. That said, animals DO deserve our respect, and I will defer to a good explanation of "Rights"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights

I also don't believe in hunting to extinction, but do believe that there are some animals (let's use Deer for an example) that have been so heavily regulated and farmed, that if all hunting of them were to stop, they would quickly overpopulate.

Now, I'm not making fun of anyone else's beliefs. If you don't want to hunt or eat meat, fine, more for me. Just don't sit there and tell me that if I do decide to hunt for food, that I am mentally flawed.

Oh, and Wolves in danger of extinction?
Nope. Please read the last sentence in 1st paragraph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_wolf

redred
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM
i fail to see the beauty in this:-k

i have no problem with hunting for food ,but trophy hunting well small penis syndrome come to mind imo

Acid Trip
02-07-2012, 06:28 PM

Joey doesn't waste time with facts.

First, I have heard this 'if you eat meat you cannot criticize hunting' argument and it is bogus. Hunting is taking pleasure from killing, which is fundamentally flawed. I oppose the cruelty of it.

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Iffy
02-08-2012, 10:22 PM
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r399/Saif_Alvi/397351_2538174855167_1277497532_32273568_503280022 _n.jpg

So.....Team Edward? :-s

KevinD
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Eh?

JoeyB
02-09-2012, 06:30 AM

Joey doesn't waste time with facts.

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Acid never pays attention to what I say. I stated:

"As for the wolves...here in America they are routinely killed down to the point where individual packs are wiped out, or left with insufficient numbers to continue. It's profoundly stupid and invariably done to aid ranchers."

This is a fact. For Kevin's sake only as I consider him a friend, and not for Acid as I do not provide information for him anymore...but I never said they were on the verge of extinction. I clearly stated that INDIVIDUAL PACKS are. Which is a fact. Packs cover large territories and often represent the only wolves in a particular region. Our current policies often encourage hunting these packs...AS I CLEARLY STATED...to a point where they are wiped out, or left with insufficient numbers to continue. Once that happens, it leaves a region barren from wolves, and tends to create an imbalance in the ecosystem. Often, wolves need to be relocated to that area to restart a pack or simply create a new one altogether, but this is an extraordinarily difficult situation.

I never lie. I speak only facts. Acid and FBD regulatory accuse me of lying or making things up because I won't play by their rules and I speak of things they find uncomfortable. I bring up realities they cannot easily deal with in their insular little worlds. Seriously guys, stop accusing me of lying and making things up, it's a pathetic ploy and speaks volumes about your character.

KevinD
02-09-2012, 06:55 AM
I certainly wasn't trying to call you a liar Joey. I did in fact miss the "Pack" part of your post #11, and assumed (yes, I know) that you meant wolves as a whole. I slos don't deny that there may be breeds of wolves that may be close to extinction.
At one time in my life, I revered wolves, and learned all I could about them. I still like them, though am not current on them.
Most of my post #16 is pure opinion. This thread tended towards our various feeling on hunting, so I replied in kind.
I could be wrong on facts sometimes, and it doesn't bother me when some one is capable of correcting me.
I too consider Joey to be a friend, and though we don't agree on many things, I have always enjoyed yakking and debating with him.

JoeyB
02-09-2012, 07:09 AM
I certainly wasn't trying to call you a liar Joey. I did in fact miss the "Pack" part of your post #11, and assumed (yes, I know) that you meant wolves as a whole. I slos don't deny that there may be breeds of wolves that may be close to extinction.
At one time in my life, I revered wolves, and learned all I could about them. I still like them, though am not current on them.
Most of my post #16 is pure opinion. This thread tended towards our various feeling on hunting, so I replied in kind.
I could be wrong on facts sometimes, and it doesn't bother me when some one is capable of correcting me.
I too consider Joey to be a friend, and though we don't agree on many things, I have always enjoyed yakking and debating with him.

I'm sorry for the continued confusion dude...I never felt you called me a liar and my message was vague in that regards and I should have worded it more clearly. Acid however has often insinuated I lie or make facts up...and those comments were solely aimed at him.

For the public record: Kevin has NEVER called me a liar, I like Kevin, and bear absolutely NO ill will towards him.

KevinD
02-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Chuckles...I didn't think that you meant I called you a liar. hahah, just put it out so other would be clear.

RBP
02-09-2012, 07:34 AM
He's hugging the wolf. *pet pet*

He loves the wolf. :)

KevinD
02-09-2012, 07:38 AM
I will pet him,
and love him,
and pet him....

RBP
02-09-2012, 07:41 AM
I will pet him,
and love him,
and pet him....

Steinbeck ftw

JoeyB
02-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Chuckles...I didn't think that you meant I called you a liar. hahah, just put it out so other would be clear.

Oh well, in that case, I hate you. :wavey::wave::nana:

KevinD
02-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Rugby???!!! WTF man? hahahah
hates ya right back homes. lol

JoeyB
02-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Rugby???!!! WTF man? hahahah
hates ya right back homes. lol

I keep telling people but nobody listens...that rugby icon is profoundly vaginal.

KevinD
02-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Okay, I can see that now, lol I don't use icon/smileys often

Acid Trip
02-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Acid never pays attention to what I say. I stated:

"As for the wolves...here in America they are routinely killed down to the point where individual packs are wiped out, or left with insufficient numbers to continue. It's profoundly stupid and invariably done to aid ranchers."

This is a fact. For Kevin's sake only as I consider him a friend, and not for Acid as I do not provide information for him anymore...but I never said they were on the verge of extinction. I clearly stated that INDIVIDUAL PACKS are. Which is a fact. Packs cover large territories and often represent the only wolves in a particular region. Our current policies often encourage hunting these packs...AS I CLEARLY STATED...to a point where they are wiped out, or left with insufficient numbers to continue. Once that happens, it leaves a region barren from wolves, and tends to create an imbalance in the ecosystem. Often, wolves need to be relocated to that area to restart a pack or simply create a new one altogether, but this is an extraordinarily difficult situation.

I never lie. I speak only facts. Acid and FBD regulatory accuse me of lying or making things up because I won't play by their rules and I speak of things they find uncomfortable. I bring up realities they cannot easily deal with in their insular little worlds. Seriously guys, stop accusing me of lying and making things up, it's a pathetic ploy and speaks volumes about your character.

You say things like "Hunting is taking pleasure from killing," and you expect us to believe the other crap you constantly spew? Hunting provided sustenance (our main protein source) for our race for thousands of years and you say it's all about killing. Boy please.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2012, 06:42 PM
You say things like "Hunting is taking pleasure from killing," and you expect us to believe the other crap you constantly spew? Hunting provided sustenance (our main protein source) for our race for thousands of years and you say it's all about killing. Boy please.

If I was an animal I would prefer to live and be hunted in the wild as opposed to how we get most our meat and poultry now.

Acid Trip
02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
If I was an animal I would prefer to live and be hunted in the wild as opposed to how we get most our meat and poultry now.

I hear you. It's amazing how critical Joey is of other people's way of life. A rancher's cattle/sheep/etc are their livelihood. They provide food for his family and thousands of others. When a wolf kills animals the rancher loses money and food. Let it go long enough and he's out of business.

Now let's reverse the roles for Joey. What if there was an animal that raided all the food in his house and took a few hundred bucks from his bank account while he was at work or school? Would he kill the 5 or 10 of them stealing his goods or would he let them continue until he was starved of all resources? Only a liar says they'd let themselves be starved of resources.

Killing is an unfortunate side effect of hunting. You can't have animal meat (which we've eaten for 10's of thousands of years) without killing the animal. I'm sure there are some hunters who kill for the sport of it but they are in the minority.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I think most hunters enjoy the sport of it, but they also eat their kills.

I also agree when there is a threat, then you need to take the steps to protect yourself.

In this picture real or fake, it looks like a kill to kill something big, like shooting elephants just for the fun of it. That I dont agree with.

Pony
02-09-2012, 11:33 PM
I think most hunters enjoy the sport of it, but they also eat their kills.

I also agree when there is a threat, then you need to take the steps to protect yourself.

In this picture real or fake, it looks like a kill to kill something big, like shooting elephants just for the fun of it. That I dont agree with.

I was watching Alaska State Troopers on TV over the weekend, there was a lot of subject matter about their hunting laws up there. Fishing regulations, moose, bear, etc. Pretty much you get a license for one adult moose (over a certain age) to feed your family, Get caught with a female moose (cow) or a male who's antlers are under a certain size and you get fined. The steepest fines are for anyone who shoots any animal and leaves the carcass. (doesn't take it for food) They really throw the book at people who waste up there.