PDA

View Full Version : 'Woolly mammoth' Spotted In Siberia

PorkChopSandwiches
02-08-2012, 04:40 PM
A BEAST lurches through icy waters in a sighting a paranormal investigator thinks could prove woolly mammoths are not extinct after all.

Video:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/sun-exclusive/4116533/The-Woolly-mammoth-alive.html#ooid=5oZDBoMzreLfI78xe1sCSLDmQQFyhXym

The animal – thought to have mostly died out roughly 4,000 years ago – was apparently filmed wading through a river in the freezing wilds of Siberia.

The jaw-dropping footage was caught by a government-employed engineer last summer in the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug region of Siberia, it is claimed.

He filmed the elephant-sized creature as it struggled against the racing water, sporting giant tusks and a red coat.

Its hair matches samples recovered from mammoth remains regularly dug up from the permafrost in frozen Russia.

The official was reportedly in the area surveying for a planned road.

Paranormal writer Michael Cohen said: "Rumours of a handful of mammoths still kicking around in the vast wilderness of Siberia have been circulating for decades and occasionally sightings by locals have occurred.

"Siberia is an enormous territory and much of it remains completely unexplored and untouched by humans. "

Woolly mammoths roamed the Earth 10,000 years ago during the last Ice Age.

A small pocket remained on and around Wrangel Island, off the coast of Siberia, and these did not die out until 3,500 years ago.

Mr Cohen, 41, added: "It is highly possible that a number of species, extinct elsewhere, survive in the area.

"If surviving woolly mammoths were found in Siberia, it could run against Russia's plans to further develop and exploit the area's considerable resources.

"It would be potentially one of the greatest discoveries ever."

Other animals rediscovered after previously being thought extinct include the coelacanth. The large fish was believed to have died out over 65million years ago, but a live specimen was found by fishermen off the coast of South Africa in 1938.

Arkady Renko
02-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Paranormal writer

all the info I need.

Hal-9000
02-08-2012, 04:50 PM
fuckers will be extinct again by the time that vid loads up :lol:

this is really cool (haven't seen the footage yet)

MrsM
02-08-2012, 04:52 PM
The footage looks cool - but could also be fake. It's not like he was up close, very bigfoot like

Acid Trip
02-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Fake.

Hal-9000
02-08-2012, 04:53 PM
The footage looks cool - but could also be fake. It's not like he was up close, very bigfoot like

Did you see the new Hyundi commercial with the bigfoot? :lol:

Jezter
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Looks very CGI...blurry picture and the movement of the "mammoth" doesn't look very natural. And how the water behaves, or the lack of disturbed flow of water, around the "mammoth" does not seem right either.

Godfather
02-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Three hours old and only one news article on Google News?!

Fake :lol:

Hal-9000
02-08-2012, 04:57 PM
They are real!

I killed two of them in Skyrim

minz
02-08-2012, 05:38 PM
The Sun?

Never believe anything you read in that um.. paper.

dmni
02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
The Sun, has less factual content than the The Beano.

redred
02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
The Sun?

Never believe anything you read in that um.. paper.

they stopped fake boobies on page 3 years ago

that vid looks like a normal elephant to me why didn't they move closer in for a closer shot?

Joebob034
02-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Looks very CGI...blurry picture and the movement of the "mammoth" doesn't look very natural. And how the water behaves, or the lack of disturbed flow of water, around the "mammoth" does not seem right either.

I was gonna say the same thing. It seems to be "gliding" through the river and the only movement in its body are the legs.

MrsM
02-08-2012, 05:43 PM
they stopped fake boobies on page 3 years ago

that vid looks like a normal elephant to me why didn't they move closer in for a closer shot?

That's what I thought - or at least go to where it was and look for tracks, see if any hairs were caught in the trees where it entered the forest again... stuff like that

Dr Death
02-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Has The Sun ever reported anything that was true? THAT is the mystery! :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-08-2012, 06:53 PM
is the Sun like the Enquirer over here or something?

redred
02-08-2012, 06:58 PM
it's the builders paper aimed at the lower class's ,but i do get it :lol:

Dr Death
02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Pretty much!

deebakes
02-09-2012, 02:28 AM
:lwank:

JoeyB
02-09-2012, 06:05 AM

It's a highly conservative paper, a semi serious entity with some awesome dips into Enquirer territory, finished off with topless girls and sports news.

Wrap your head around that.