PDA

View Full Version : Failed Osama Hunter Wants Bounty for Not Killing Bin Laden

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2012, 12:13 PM
By John Hudson - The Atlantic Wire

http://i.imgur.com/MWz0T.jpg

Remember Gary Faulkner, the samurai-wielding Colorado native who traveled to Pakistan last year to slay Osama bin Laden? He's one of the sad Osama hunters who will now never get a chance to fulfill their quests. Nevertheless, he's managed to get back into the headlines and he's got his arms outstretched for cash. In the aftermath of 9/11, the U.S. government posted a $25 million bounty for information leading to the arrest of bin Laden. Faulkner says a portion of that money belongs to him because he served the Al-Qaida leader "on a platter" to U.S. forces.

"I had a major hand [to] play in this wonderful thing, getting him out of the mountains and down to the valleys... Someone had to get him out of there. That's where I came in," he told ABC News. "I scared the squirrel out of his hole, he popped his head up and he got capped."

It's a strange rationale coming from the guy who was detained in Pakistan while trying to cross the boarder into Afghanistan armed with a sword, a pistol and night-vision goggles. But according to Faulkner, the publicity surrounding his detainment forced bin Laden out of confinement in the mountains of Afghanistan and into Abbottabad, Pakistan. The whole affair smacks of the long-lost relative returning home after a million dollar lottery win but Faulkner insists it's not about the money—he just deserves to be compensated.

Is Faulkner trying to take something away from our brave Navy SEALS? Of course not! "I'm proud of our boys, I'm very proud of our government... They were handed this opportunity on a platter from myself," he said rather backhandedly. No word yet on whether America's other supposed "Osama Hunter" is looking for a cash payday. According to his post three hours ago, he's simply throwing in the towel. "I guess I can cancel that trip to Pakistan."

redred
02-10-2012, 12:21 PM
i didn't play the lotto the other day but can i still have the jackpot please

perrhaps
02-10-2012, 12:40 PM
i didn't play the lotto the other day but can i still have the jackpot please

I'll give you half of what I won.

MrsM
02-10-2012, 02:41 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/34pkxo7.gif

Joebob034
02-10-2012, 02:54 PM