PDA

View Full Version : News Outlets: What a fucking joke...

Muddy
02-10-2012, 05:31 PM
One story, 3 different headlines.. Check out the spin baby! You can feel the disdain in Foxes tagline though.

Fox News:

http://i.imgur.com/6dZUu.jpg

CNN breaking news:

Obama announces compromise, says religious universities, hospitals won’t have to offer contraception coverage to workers.

MSNBC:

Obama: Religious-affiliated organizations won't have to pay
for birth control

I tried to grab the picture for each one, but imgur wasnt cooperating..

PorkChopSandwiches
02-10-2012, 05:32 PM
They all sound like they are saying the same thing to me

Muddy
02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
It's the wording Fox seems to use regarding him as a jab.. Instead of just reporting the news.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-10-2012, 05:38 PM
I dont know, that is exactly what happened IMO

Muddy
02-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Maybe... I'm controlling my portions of food lately and Im a little sensitive to details.. I think I am starving to death over here.. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-10-2012, 05:44 PM
:lol:

The reality of it is he's being a pussy. He made a decision (and a good one IMO) to help stem unwanted pregnancy and abortions but is now letting the religious fanatics change his mind. Because we all know all these illegal catholics over here need more kids on the government teet because the pope thinks it against god to wrap your pecker or take a BC pill :roll:

Its not even like its forcing birth control on people, just making it available .

Why doesn't the catholic church step up and start supporting all these fucking kids and put there money where their mouth is for once.

Muddy
02-10-2012, 05:46 PM
:lol:

The reality of it is he's being a pussy. He made a decision (and a good one IMO) to help stem unwanted pregnancy and abortions but is now letting the religious fanatics change his mind. Because we all know all these illegal catholics over here need more kids on the government teet because the pope thinks it against god to wrap your pecker or take a BC pill :roll:

Its not even like its forcing birth control on people, just making it available .

Why doesn't the catholic church step up and start supporting all these fucking kids and put there money where their mouth is for once.

I think he was afraid of having 60 million Catholic nut jobs not voting for him.

MrsM
02-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Maybe... I'm controlling my portions of food lately and Im a little sensitive to details.. I think I am starving to death over here.. :lol:

Have you tried eating plastic? I hear that fills you up and no calories :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Exactly, everyone is worried about votes. :facepalm:

Acid Trip
02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
It goes both ways Muddy. Liberal media (CNN & MSNBC) = liberal spin. Conservative media (FOX & Drudge) = conservative spin.

These Dems spin better than Rumpelstiltskin
By Howie Carr | Friday, January 27, 2012

How profoundly America has changed since January 2009.

I was pondering this the other night during the State of the Union address. Did you know that our elite military units like the Navy SEALs are now examples of America at its absolute finest? Why, wasn’t it just a few years ago that Sen. Dick Durbin was comparing these very same troops to the Khmer Rouge and Joe Stalin’s Red Army?

What used to be Dick Cheney’s hit squad is now a beacon of freedom.

But now of course the president is a Democrat. When Durbin spoke a Republican resided in the White House.

Remember when Theo Epstein snubbed Republican George W. Bush when the rest of the Red Sox went to the White House after the 2007 World Series? Nobody said boo. Now Bruins goalie Tim Thomas does the same thing to our PC president and — hey, somebody get a rope!

Since January 2009, natural disasters are no longer the personal fault of the president.

Now that Obama is president, Gen. “Betrayus” is once again Gen. Petraeus, the greatest American military genius since MacArthur, no make that U.S. Grant.

George W. Bush played 30 rounds of golf in eight years and it was dereliction of duty. Obama’s played 80 in three years and it’s a well-deserved rest from his terrible burden of world leadership.

On Jan. 20, 2009, all the homeless people went home. Inflation ended that same day. No longer do dying Americans have to travel to Canada to buy affordable prescription drugs.

The Tea Party — violent rhetoric. Occupy Wall Street and the publicly defecating hippies — in the finest tradition of our Founding Fathers.

Bush mispronounces nuclear — idiot. Obama butchers corpsman — misspoke.

Raising the debt ceiling under Bush — the worst kind of fiscal irresponsibility. Raising the debt ceiling under Obama — a valiant effort by our young president to save the world economy.

McDonald’s jobs under Bush — “burger flipping.” McDonald’s jobs under Obama — entry-level jobs with one of America’s noblest public corporations.

Unemployment rate of 4.5 percent under Bush — “jobless recovery.” Unemployment rate of 8.5 percent under Obama — the new normal.

The Patriot Act under Bush — incipient fascism. The Patriot Act under Obama — yawn.

Words and phrases you haven’t heard since January 2009: “no blood for oil ... Cindy Sheehan ... not one more dime ... quagmire ... atrocities ... candlelight vigils ... not on our watch ... waterboarding ... Abu Ghraib...

Being a Democrat means never having to say you’re sorry.

Muddy
02-10-2012, 07:59 PM
It goes both ways Muddy. Liberal media (CNN & MSNBC) = liberal spin. Conservative media (FOX & Drudge) = conservative spin.

Oh I agree.. And that was the point of posting all three.. I just tend to notice more from Fox because IMO they go over the top with it..

RBP
02-10-2012, 08:05 PM
I posted in this thread but it's not here. how weird.

Muddy
02-10-2012, 08:07 PM
I posted in this thread but it's not here. how weird.

I see it right here.. ^

RBP
02-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I see it right here.. ^

:slap:

I was agreeing with PCS. The headlines say the same thing. You're oversensitive to FNC. Why am I writing short sentences.

Muddy
02-10-2012, 08:12 PM
This thread was originally in Gen chat.. It may have gotten lost in the transfer down here..?

Acid Trip
02-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Oh I agree.. And that was the point of posting all three.. I just tend to notice more from Fox because IMO they go over the top with it..

If a Republican is elected president you'll see the headlines at CNN and MSNBC change drastically.

Muddy
02-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I never read MSNBC, I just hear its the liberal counterpart to Fox.. CNN, that's another story.. I read them and then Drudge for shock factor..

Acid Trip
02-10-2012, 08:36 PM
I never read MSNBC, I just hear its the liberal counterpart to Fox.. CNN, that's another story.. I read them and then Drudge for shock factor..

The media has a terrible slant to the left. I'll provide proof. If you don't feel like reading I'll summarize. Liberals HEAVILY outnumber conservatives in journalism. Journalists have far more liberal views when compared with a cross section of the US population. Those two things combined = heavily biased reporting.

A 1985 Study

In 1985, the Los Angeles Times conducted one of the most extensive surveys of journalists in history. Using the same questionnaire they had used to poll the public, the Times polled 2,700 journalists at 621 newspapers across the country. The survey asked 16 questions involving foreign affairs, social and economic issues. On 15 of 16 questions, the journalists gave answers to the left of those given by the public.

Self-identified liberals outnumbered conservatives in the newsroom by more than three-to-one, 55 to 17 percent. This compares to only one-fourth of the public (23 percent) that identified themselves as liberal.

84 percent of reporters and editors supported a so-called "nuclear freeze" to ban all future nuclear missile deployment; 80 percent were against increased defense spending; and 76 percent opposed aid to the Nicaraguan Contras.

82 percent of reporters and editors favored allowing women to have abortions; 81 percent backed affirmative action; and 78 percent wanted stricter gun control.

Two-thirds (67%) of journalists opposed prayer in public schools; three-fourths of the general public (74%) supported prayer in public schools.

A 2001 Study

In the July/August 2001 edition of the Roper Center’s Public Perspective, Washington Post national political correspondent Thomas Edsall summarized the findings of a Kaiser Family Foundation poll of 301 “media professionals,” 300 “policymakers” and the 1,206 members of the public. The media professionals included “reporters and editors from top newspapers, TV and radio networks, news services and news magazines.” The results showed that “only a tiny fraction of the media identifies itself as either Republican (4%), or conservative (6%),” placing reporters far to the left of media consumers.

Four times as many “media professionals” told the pollsters they considered themselves “liberal” (25%) than called themselves “conservative” (6%). Among the general public, self-identified conservatives outnumbered liberals, 38 percent to 21 percent.

More than six times as many media professionals called themselves Democrats (27%), than said they were Republicans (just 4%). Among the general public, Democrats slightly outnumbered Republicans, 34 percent to 28 percent.

Policymakers were also found to be less liberal than journalists. According to Edsall, “These areas of divergence between the public and the press lend themselves to conflict, both with the consumers and the makers of news, and threaten to diminish the legitimacy of American journalism.”

Edsall: “Whether or not members of the media agree with conservative voters on any given set of questions is not at issue. The problem is the invisibility of these men and women to the national media, and, most especially, the inability of the press to represent their views in public discourse.”

A 2005 Study

In March and April 2005, the University of Connecticut’s Department of Public Policy surveyed 300 journalists nationwide — 120 who worked in the television industry and 180 who worked at newspapers and asked for whom they voted in the 2004 presidential election. In a report released May 16, 2005, the researchers disclosed that the journalists they surveyed selected Democratic challenger John Kerry over incumbent Republican President George W. Bush by a wide margin, 52 percent to 19 percent (with 1 percent choosing far-left independent candidate Ralph Nader). One out of five journalists (21 percent) refused to disclose their vote, while another six percent either didn’t vote or said they did not know for whom they voted.

More than half of the journalists surveyed (52%) said they voted for Democrat John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election, while fewer than one-fifth (19%) said they voted for Republican George W. Bush. The public chose Bush, 51 to 48 percent.

When asked “generally speaking, do you consider yourself a Democrat, Republican, an Independent, or something else?” more than three times as many journalists (33%) said they were Democrats than said they were Republicans (10%).

While about half of the journalists said they were “moderate,” 28 percent said they thought of themselves as liberals, compared to just 10 percent who said they were conservative.

One out of eight journalists (13%) said they considered themselves “strongly liberal,” compared to just three percent who reported being “strongly conservative,” a four-to-one disparity.

When asked about the Bill of Rights, nearly all journalists deemed “essential” the right of a fair trial (97%), a free press (96%), freedom of religion (95%) and free speech (92%), and 80 percent called “essential” the judicially-derived “right to privacy.” But only 25 percent of the journalists termed the “right to own firearms” essential, while 42 percent called that right “important but not essential,” and 31 percent of journalists rejected the Second Amendment as “not important.”

deebakes
02-11-2012, 03:02 AM
:bong: