PDA

View Full Version : Ahmadinejad: Major nuclear announcement expected within days

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2012, 12:32 PM
By the CNN Wire Staff

http://i.imgur.com/aa23t.jpg

(CNN) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced Saturday that the nation will reveal "several major achievements in the nuclear domain" within days, state media reported.

Ahmadinejad did not offer details during his announcement at a rally to mark the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic Revolution.

But he slammed "hegemonic powers," accusing them of pressuring the nation on the nuclear front.

In the near future, Iran's nuclear demands will be met by the nation's scientists, Ahmadinejad said at the Tehran event broadcast on Press TV

"Today you see that the Iranian nation has become nuclear and can supply many of its demands," he said. "And God willing, in next few days, the whole world will witness the inauguration of several major achievements in the nuclear domain.

The news comes amid heightened tension between Iran and the West over its nuclear program.

The West believes Tehran may be trying to develop nuclear weapons, but Iran has long maintained that its nuclear program is solely for civilian energy production.

Tensions hit a boiling point weeks ago when Iran conducted military exercises in the Persian Gulf after threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz, a crucial shipping lane for oil.

Iran's threat followed tough sanctions from Western nations aimed at stopping its suspected nuclear weapons program.

Muddy
02-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I wonder where they're going to dispose of their waste?

deebakes
02-11-2012, 06:13 PM
the entire country is waste, so it should be easy :-k

FBD
02-12-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm curious what everyone's response is going to be when a nuke goes off over Israel - are we still going to treat Iran with kid gloves? What's the world's response going to be then?

Well, we cant go to war, that would be really bad? :facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-12-2012, 03:52 PM
That day would be the last day for Iran I would imagine

FBD
02-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Suuuure it would, why then the whole world would know it was definitely Iran, even though it'll be one of Iran's proxies, they wont let anyone in to verify the nuclear signatures, 2/3rds of the world will say you're a warmonger if you want to do something about it...

I dunno man. There's going to be some minute iota of plausible deniability for the Iran, for the world, and we aint going to wind up invading Iran.

Godfather
02-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Not that worried about Iran, FBD, worried about China and a little bit Russia too. Makes it complicated.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Not that worried about Iran, FBD, worried about China and a little bit Russia too. Makes it complicated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NPBIwQyPWE

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 07:49 PM
so I'm new to this planet...

nuclear power = OK
nuclear weapons = not OK

and Iran has been treating this like a press docket for a new Mission Impossible movie - We're developing nuclear weapons, look at us, blah blah blah etc....

Why doesn't the rest of the world put a kibosh on their development programs in the name of..oh, I don't know, .....peace?