PDA

View Full Version : When is the last time...

DemonGeminiX
03-14-2011, 12:05 AM
... you felt like an idiot?

:-k

Hugh_Janus
03-14-2011, 12:34 AM
wednesday, I think. When I put juice in my car and drove off with my fuel flap still open :facepalm:

RBP
03-14-2011, 12:35 AM
:-k Usually daily, but idk what it was today. :idk:

MrsM
03-14-2011, 12:38 AM
probably the morning after I was drunk and online ;)

Hugh_Janus
03-14-2011, 12:46 AM
:-k Usually daily, but idk what it was today. :idk:
same here, but I've been ill and isolated for the past 4 days, so am on a break from being a retard :dance:

RBP
03-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Hope you get feeling better!

Should I call you HJ now... like handjob? :giggle:

My retardation knows no days off. :lol:

Hugh_Janus
03-14-2011, 12:59 AM
you can call me sir.... or mr janus :dance:

DemonGeminiX
03-14-2011, 01:06 AM
Sometimes people ask me for help on the tech end and I happily rattle off advice without considering the person's experience level (obviously, if they're asking me for advice...), so, by default, I throw out generic instructions that I consider no-brainers that, in the hands of a person experienced in the topic at hand, would be extremely useful. But later I start thinking about how that generic advice leaves a lot of wiggle room for interpretation... or misinterpretation rather, and I want to clear things up. I've had some people come back and scream at me that my advice messed this or that up, when, if I had been a little more detailed and thorough beforehand, no misunderstanding would have occurred. So sometimes, when I throw out my advice, later I realize that I wasn't being thorough and I track down the person to clear some things up. Some people appreciate that and some people get offended or whatever.

Well today, I gave out a piece of advice to a woman about cleaning some gunk off her cellphone with isopropyl alcohol and thought better to be a little more thorough later about using cotton balls and called to elaborate on that fact and she hung up on me.

Hey, some of the single most brilliant people I've ever known would have taken my advice to use isopropyl alcohol to mean hold the damn phone over the sink and douse the fucker with the alcohol and see what happens. So I can't put it past anybody not to do that. I don't want to leave anything out there that could come back to bite me on the ass.

8-[

Southern Belle
03-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Yesterday

Noilly Pratt
03-14-2011, 02:24 AM
I left a message on my bro's answering machine and said "this is..." and gave my first and last name. I think he would know who I am... :)

Foxdana
03-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Yesterday! I got drunk for the first time in years and my kids gave me hell!

DemonGeminiX
03-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Yesterday! I got drunk for the first time in years and my kids gave me hell!

:empathy:

Awww, that's ok, hun. We don't blame you.

Lance is a really, really bad influence.

:twisted:

RBP
03-14-2011, 03:17 AM
you can call me sir.... or mr janus :dance:

Mr Anus it is then! :tup:

lost in melb.
03-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Today - I pulled out a packet of rice crackers and put them on a high shelf. Forgot they were there and spent 10 minutes looking for them :meh:

Foxdana
03-14-2011, 09:44 AM
:empathy:

Awww, that's ok, hun. We don't blame you.

Lance is a really, really bad influence.

:twisted:

:lol:

Tank
03-14-2011, 11:16 AM
so am on a break from being a retard :dance:

:bs:

about half an hour ago, i nearly put my head through one of those sliding glass window thingys, (like you get at a doctors/bank), im sat in an office above the reception desk and get called to pop my head out to speak to someone, fail to notice its shut and BLAM!!!! :banghead:

in my defence the cleaners did one hell of a job on it this morning!!

:oops:
:huh:

Joebob034
03-14-2011, 04:32 PM
... you felt like an idiot?

:-k

I'll do something pretty much every day that makes me feel like an idiot

Hugh_Janus
03-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Today - I pulled out a packet of rice crackers and put them on a high shelf. Forgot they were there and spent 10 minutes looking for them :meh:
'kin LOL

:bs:

about half an hour ago, i nearly put my head through one of those sliding glass window thingys, (like you get at a doctors/bank), im sat in an office above the reception desk and get called to pop my head out to speak to someone, fail to notice its shut and BLAM!!!! :banghead:

in my defence the cleaners did one hell of a job on it this morning!!

:huh:
HAHA! Reminds me of the time I walked into a glass door in WHSmith. I was bounding through town into the shop through the double door, then BANG BANG BANG hand, face and knee straight into the door.... The fuck was that?! I'd only chosen the fucker they hadn't unlocked :facepalm: 2 emplayees opened the other door and asked me if I was ok :facepalm:

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I use pens, markers constantly all day at work.Years ago I started the habit of putting my pen behind my ear so I could drive the forklifts, open the doors etc...

this past weekend, I counted 41 pens (of varying ages) in the console cubby hole in my car

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Noilly Pratt
03-14-2011, 09:00 PM
I was going on a job interview -- I'd just finished interviewing and ascended a metal staircase. The hem of my trousers was low, the toe of my shoe caught it and whomp my head went straight down onto the top stair on my chin. I then went bang, bang. bang...down the staircase until I hit the landing.

Luckily when my chin hit the top stair I went limp. I had a major cut on my chin and bruises to the front of my body, but came out OK! The guy who witnessed it said he thought I was dead the way I just slid down the stairs. I knew if I tried to stop myself, I'd just tumble down...

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 09:13 PM
I was going on a job interview -- I'd just finished interviewing and ascended a metal staircase. The hem of my trousers was low, the toe of my shoe caught it and whomp my head went straight down onto the top stair on my chin. I then went bang, bang. bang...down the staircase until I hit the landing.

Luckily when my chin hit the top stair I went limp. I had a major cut on my chin and bruises to the front of my body, but came out OK! The guy who witnessed it said he thought I was dead the way I just slid down the stairs. I knew if I tried to stop myself, I'd just tumble down...

:lol: sorry for giggling....I have a similar one

Years ago I was job hunting wearing the only 3 piece suit I had.I went to my interview and was walking outside the building under a bridge.Some guy was approaching me walking the other way and I hear him make that sound like he's going to hawk up a monumental mouthful of lung-butter.Sure enough he does....spits it out and I swear to God it lands right on my shoe!
I said to him - You will clean that up and the guy just smiled and continued to walk past me.....

I lost control....(I was 18 or 19 at the time) I screamed at him - DEFEND YOURSELF!!!! and hockey punched him until he used his sleeve to clean off my dress shoe.He kinda staggered away as I had punched him pretty good a few times.I looked up and saw to my horror that 4 people were walking out of the building I had just applied at....and one guy was the interviewer!!! :lol:

I still got the job as security guard making 4 dollars/hour :dance:

Hugh_Janus
03-14-2011, 09:27 PM
I screamed at him - DEFEND YOURSELF!!!!

hahaha!! I swear I'd laugh in your face if you said that to me.... and continue laughing as you hit me. Fuckin LOL. Best way to get beaten up

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 09:29 PM
hahaha!! I swear I'd laugh in your face if you said that to me.... and continue laughing as you hit me. Fuckin LOL. Best way to get beaten up

I was hanging with my buds after the interview (it was summer and most of us didn't have jobs) one bud asked me why my hand was all fucked up after a job interview.I told them the story and for years they screamed - DEFEND YOURSELF! when they saw me at parties etc...they thought I was kind in giving him a warning I guess :lol: :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-14-2011, 10:04 PM
I use pens, markers constantly all day at work.Years ago I started the habit of putting my pen behind my ear so I could drive the forklifts, open the doors etc...

this past weekend, I counted 41 pens (of varying ages) in the console cubby hole in my car

:oops: :oops: :oops:

And I bet you forget that you have them tucked away there everytime you can't find something to write with too.

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 10:06 PM
And I bet you forget that you have them tucked away there everytime you can't find something to write with too.

Exactamondo :thumbsup:

I've been at a friend's place..at least one hour after work is finished and they'll ask - What's that behind your ear? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-14-2011, 10:19 PM
My keys are attached to one of those neck straps because I have a horrible habit of leaving them in the car when I lock the doors and close them, which needing the damn thing in the first place makes me feel like a moron in and of itself...

... but anyway, I was looking for my keys this morning and I couldn't find them anywhere. I was about to go apeshit before I finally remembered where I put them earlier... around my neck.

:rolleyes:

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 10:21 PM
My keys are attached to one of those neck straps because I have a horrible habit of leaving them in the car when I lock the doors and close them, which needing the damn thing in the first place makes me feel like a moron in and of itself...

... but anyway, I was looking for my keys this morning and I couldn't find them anywhere. I was about to go apeshit before I finally remembered where I put them earlier... around my neck.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I just started wearing glasses recently (I'm still at the denial stage) and rarely take them out with me....I need to get one of those idiot strings because I only need them for close up reading :oops:

Tank
03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
HAHA! Reminds me of the time I walked into a glass door in WHSmith. I was bounding through town into the shop through the double door, then BANG BANG BANG hand, face and knee straight into the door.... The fuck was that?! I'd only chosen the fucker they hadn't unlocked :facepalm: 2 emplayees opened the other door and asked me if I was ok :facepalm:

lmao!!! i've been witness to a similar incident, i swear i tried to help the lady up . . . . . . . . . well i would have if i could have seen through the stream of tears :mrgreen:

Vixen
03-16-2011, 10:31 PM
I get those D'OH! moments a lil too often for my liking and even more so those moments where you just stand/sit there with a blank expression on your face when someone has asked you a question :oops: doesn't help that I work with some seriously chavy retards with the mental age of the kids they're looking after asking me stupid fucking questions when I'm far too busy.....I wouldn't mind but half the time they haven't got the common sense to look for themselves :roll: ok rant over 8-[

Binky
03-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Today, went to the park with kid and dog, dog is still a puppy and thinks he can eat the ducks. He pulled hard on his leash and it yanked out of my hand, I stepped in an ankle deep puddle of mud while trying to catch dog, as he ran along the lake scaring the ducks and people having a peaceful afternoon feeding the birdies
shmuck