PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Pledges To Defund Contraception: ‘It’s Not Okay, It’s A License To Do Things’

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2012, 06:33 PM
By Igor Volsky - ThinkProgress Health

Rick Santorum pledged to repeal all federal funding for contraception, during a recent interview with CaffeinatedThoughts.com editor Shane Vander Hart, arguing that birth control devalues the act of procreation. “One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country,” the former Pennsylvania senator explained. “It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be”:

SANTORUM: [Sex] is supposed to be within marriage. It’s supposed to be for purposes that are yes, conjugal…but also procreative. That’s the perfect way that a sexual union should happen…This is special and it needs to be seen as special.

Watch it at 17:48:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KN7WfIZh690

An overwhelming majority of Americans — virtually all women (more than 99 percent ) aged 15–44 have used at least one contraceptive method — rely on contraceptives to prevent unintended pregnancies and limit the spread of sexually-transmitted diseases. In fact, the Guttmacher Institute estimates that contraceptive services provided at publicly funded clinics helped prevent almost two million unintended pregnancies. Without funding from Medicaid and Title X, “abortions occurring in the United States would be nearly two-thirds higher among women overall and among teens; the number of unintended pregnancies among poor women would nearly double.”

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Santorum is such an asshat....yet people keep voting for him in the primaries :|

MrsM
02-13-2012, 06:51 PM
WTF - I'm glad I don't live in the US - this guy thinks it's the 50's

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2012, 06:54 PM
WTF - I'm glad I don't live in the US - this guy thinks it's the 50's

Yeah, the 1550's :wha:

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 06:56 PM
"birth control devalues the act of procreation"

I stopped reading after this early line....I usually read the whole article.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 07:00 PM
SANTORUM: [Sex] is supposed to be within marriage. It’s supposed to be for purposes that are yes, conjugal…but also procreative. That’s the perfect way that a sexual union should happen…This is special and it needs to be seen as special.

what a douche bag

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Yes.Let's be like smalll African villages, don't practice birth control and have 19 kids per family.

Then, over half of them will starve or die due to neglect and we can sit around and praise the gods for giving us such a rich and full life :face:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah, because if you offer birth control, then everyone will be having sex in the streets, where by not offering it nobody is having sex but married people.

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 07:24 PM
I wear a condom when I jerk off, just to be sure

perrhaps
02-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Santorum is also big on tort reform, but never mentions that he and his wife received over $500,000.00 in a medical malpractice case.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 07:28 PM
I raw dog every one might stand for a couple reasons
A) I want to try to impregnate as many women as possible
B) I want to try to pickup diseases and spread it around.

:tup:

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah being single I just love those phone calls out of the blue....Hello, may I speak to ....DAD??? :)

Jezter
02-13-2012, 07:58 PM
How the fuck could anyone want to vote for a man who would want to take the Nation backwards a few hundred years when y'all need to move forward!? WTF is wrong with this retard...

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 08:07 PM
there are a lot of religious freaks over here. They think ignoring human nature will "fix" issues........then there kids get ass raped because they believe priests don't need sex :roll:

Jezter
02-13-2012, 08:09 PM
there are a lot of religious freaks over here. They think ignoring human nature will "fix" issues........then there kids get ass raped because they believe priests don't need sex :roll:

But even if you a religious, you must understand it is not the dark middle ages anymore... I mean, the world moves forward, so why the fuck can't the religions too?

Joebob034
02-13-2012, 08:10 PM
You're all going to hell, heathens

Jezter
02-13-2012, 08:12 PM
You're all going to hell, heathens

According to Oklahoma, Im well on the way with all the fapping I've done. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 08:15 PM
But even if you a religious, you must understand it is not the dark middle ages anymore... I mean, the world moves forward, so why the fuck can't the religions too?

Ask the pope

Jezter
02-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Ask the pope

Let me e-mail the old geezer. Maybe bribe him with a fresh, nubile, blonde, blue-eyed viking son. :lol:

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 08:28 PM

:shock: tsk tsk Porky

it's 'their' kids

:thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 08:30 PM
doh :facepalm:

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 08:32 PM
don't worry, God still loves you :)

:rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Jesus loves you, but I think your are a dick

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 08:34 PM
God loves some people more than others

ME > you

Muddy
02-13-2012, 08:36 PM
He's just trying to appeal to the religious right by by going 180 degrees away from Obamas last proclamation.. This is why I cant stand politics.. No one can just use common sense.. Everything is to the extreme..

Acid Trip
02-13-2012, 08:37 PM
At least Santorum is telling us what he believes before he gets elected. He's bat shit crazy but at least he's letting us know upfront.

Jezter
02-13-2012, 08:38 PM
He's just trying to appeal to the religious right by by going 180 degrees away from Obamas last proclamation.. This is why I cant stand politics.. No one can just use common sense.. Everything is to the extreme..

:+1:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2012, 08:40 PM
At least Santorum is telling us what he believes before he gets elected. He's bat shit crazy but at least he's letting us know upfront.

That's why it's so scary that people are actually voting for him

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm bat shit crazy and no one ever votes for me :(

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 08:52 PM

Exactly, he isnt changing his view for votes, he really believes this shit. His wife was told she was probably going to die from a fucked up baby in her system, and she still refused abortion. So know she is blessed with a fucked up child that will need her attention for the rest of her life.

In 2008 at the age of 48, Karen Garver Santorum gave birth to her eighth child, Isabella, who was diagnosed with Trisomy 18 Edwards syndrome, a serious genetic disorder, with only a 10% chance of survival past the first year of life.

And this is just downright crazy

In 1996, the Santorums' son Gabriel was born prematurely and died two hours after birth. Karen wrote that she and Rick brought the corpse home from the hospital and introduced him to their children as "your brother Gabriel", before a funeral and a burial

But you guys keep knocking out those worthless babies :tup:

Muddy
02-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Jesus.. How premature was that one baby?

Acid Trip
02-13-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't believe that federal money should be used towards contraception but not for the same reason as Santorum.

I'm not anti-contraception, I just don't think that is something federal tax dollars should be used on. If people want to use contraception they should pay for it.

Society shouldn't be picking up tabs like this.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't believe that federal money should be used towards contraception but not for the same reason as Santorum.

I'm not anti-contraception, I just don't think that is something federal tax dollars should be used on. If people want to use contraception they should pay for it.

Society shouldn't be picking up tabs like this.

What about the idea of paying for contraception now so you aren't paying later for unwanted babies? Seems some pills and condoms are a lot cheaper

Hal-9000
02-13-2012, 09:38 PM
What about the idea of paying for contraception now so you aren't paying later for unwanted babies? Seems some pills and condoms are a lot cheaper

I'd use a condom if the prices of my crack whore weren't so high :sad2:

Acid Trip
02-13-2012, 09:56 PM

I don't believe in welfare (beyond 90 days) or tax credits for children either. So paying for an unwanted baby isn't on my radar.

If someone chooses to have a child, whether on purpose or by mistake, they should front the entire bill. It's not societies responsibility to pay for other peoples' children.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2012, 10:16 PM
I don't believe in welfare (beyond 90 days) or tax credits for children either. So paying for an unwanted baby isn't on my radar.

If someone chooses to have a child, whether on purpose or by mistake, they should front the entire bill. It's not societies responsibility to pay for other peoples' children.

Yeah, but that not the reality.

Acid Trip
02-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah, but that not the reality.

My only point is that federal tax receipts shouldn't be used for this purpose. If a state wants to do something like this then fine, do it at the state level. If a city wants to impose a new sales tax to do this, fine. Just don't pigeon hole the entire country into something like this when there are so many people against it.