PDA

View Full Version : High school coach retires after indecency arrest with teen

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2012, 11:54 AM
WISH-TV Channel 8 News

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Indianapolis police on Sunday arrested a Martinsville teacher after an officer found him nude in a car with a teenager, according to an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department report.

That man, 65-year-old Timothy Wolf, has a long history as a head boys' basketball coach at Martinsville High School. He is listed on the Indiana Department of Education's website as a physical education and health teacher at Martinsville High School. He's worked there for 35 years.

An officer was patrolling in Eagle Creek Park Sunday afternoon when he noticed a man sitting nude in a silver Chrysler 300, the report said.

Wolf was aroused and undressed while the 17-year-old girl was fully dressed, according to the probable cause affidavit.

The IMPD officer arrested Wolf on a preliminary charge of public indecency. His car was towed.

"At first I'm shocked," said Gary Williams Martinsville resident. "I just feel bad I hope there is no bad things happening with him."

School officials announced late Monday afternoon that Wolf retired effective immediately.

Wolf served as head coach at Martinsville for 25 years. He won more than 300 games and was credited with giving many students their first job at a local Subway.

"I couldn't believe it, he was my health teacher he seemed like a really nice guy," said Martinsville resident Jimmy Pittman.

School officials say they are working with police, and will also conduct an internal investigation.

Wolf had a record of 457-348 in 37 years of coaching, including 25 at Martinsville, and had ranked 10th among active coaches for wins.

Martinsville Mayor Phil Deckard, who also is the public address announcer at Artesian basketball games, said he was saddened by the developments surrounding "a stellar man in terms of coaching and working with young men."

"I recently presented him an award after his 300th win. He is well thought of in the coaching community," Deckard told the Reporter-Times.

Martinsville High School Principal Don Alkire and athletic director Don Lipps met with members of the basketball team and the assistant coaches Monday afternoon.

"We are going to move forward as best we can. We talked with the boys and plan to do our best to maintain a sense of 'business as usual' as far as practice prep and game prep go," Alkire said.

The team's next game is Friday night at Whiteland Community High School.

Joebob034
02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
He won more than 300 games and was credited with giving many students their first job at a local Subway.

Did he give them foot longs or 6-inchers?

PorkChopSandwiches
02-14-2012, 04:42 PM
:bazinga: