PDA

View Full Version : 3 arrested in hate-crime beating of autistic boy

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Palm Bay police say attack posted on Facebook
WKMG-TV Channel 6 News

PALM BAY, Fla. - Three juveniles have been arrested in Brevard County on hate crime charges in the beating of an autistic boy.

Police said the victim was waiting at his bus stop on Wyoming Drive and San Filipo Drive on Friday when he was approached by three boys, ages 15, 16 and 16.

The teens were videotaping the victim and were trying to provoke him to fight them by saying racial remarks, according to police. When the victim tried to run away, he was nearly hit by a motorcycle and a pickup truck, police said.

The trio continued to follow and harrass the victim, saying they were going to put the video on Facebook, according to Palm Bay police. When they all got on the bus, the teens continued to bully the victim and hit him in the face, police said.

The video was later posted on Facebook, police said.

The suspects face charges of aggravated stalking and hate crime. Two of them were charged with violation of probation.

Police said all three defendants knew the victim.

KevinD
02-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Put it to 'em. I know kids pick on each other, but, if you hit someones that you are picking on/bullying, you deserve the punishment.

Yt Trash
02-15-2012, 12:17 AM
I have an autistic nephew, and this kills me. I'd take the assault charge myself for what I'd do.