PDA

View Full Version : Man gets into fight with cops after trying to water neighbor's lawn

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2011, 01:59 PM
WFTV-TV Channel 9

http://i.imgur.com/1hv68.jpg

POLK COUNTY, Fla. -- A Polk County man got into a fight with two officers because he tried to water his neighbor's lawn, investigators told WFTV Thursday.

Authorities said Joseph Florence was upset with how his neighbor's yard looked, so he decided to water it. His neighbor called police.

Police said when they arrived and tried to arrest Florence for trespassing, there was a struggle and he punched and choked the officers. The officers were not seriously hurt, but Florence ended up with two black eyes.

Florence was arrested and charged with battery to a law enforcement officer, assault on a law enforcement officer, resisting an officer with violence, depriving an officer of communication, and resisting an officer without violence. Florence was taken to the Polk County jail.

RBP
03-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Florida!

AntZ
03-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Florence was arrested and charged with battery to a law enforcement officer, assault on a law enforcement officer, resisting an officer with violence, depriving an officer of communication, and resisting an officer without violence. Florence was taken to the Polk County jail.

I'm surprised they didn't also charge him with wrinkling their uniforms too?? :rolleyes:

They could have just warned him and then refereed the guy with the dead lawn to the code enforcement. But I'm sure the cops were complete with the arrogant rookie attitude and turned a watering offense into a full assault.

redred
03-14-2011, 02:34 PM
damn water wasters

Loser
03-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm surprised they didn't also charge him with wrinkling their uniforms too?? :rolleyes:

They could have just warned him and then refereed the guy with the dead lawn to the code enforcement. But I'm sure the cops were complete with the arrogant rookie attitude and turned a watering offense into a full assault.

This.

I had the indiana F.O.P call my house few days ago and ask if I wanted to donate, I told them to fuck off. The guy asked why all the hostility and I explained why, and even he said there's no excuse for how cops are acting now adays.

Two week ago my father, who is a retired cop of 32 years, got pulled over for expired tags on his car. The tag were literally 2 weeks out of date, TWO FUCKING WEEKS! The asshole cop towed his car and left my father standing on the side of the road. When my father went to court over it, the judge apologized to my father and forced the cop to apologize as well, dropped the ticket and reprimanded the officer. He was still out 250+$ on the towing fees.

I have zero sympathy for the newage assholes.

And they wonder why they're getting shot left and right.:rolleyes:

FBD
03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I've had *very* few encounters with police where they've been professional. two, that I can think of, matter of fact. Every single other time it was some asshole looking to puff his chest out and verbally walk all up and down someone because he was picked on as a kid.

Joebob034
03-14-2011, 04:42 PM
looks like he lost that fight

Yt Trash
03-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Florida :dance: Get off of my lawn!

Hugh_Janus
03-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Florence was arrested and charged with resisting an officer with violence and resisting an officer without violence.

wut?

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 08:36 PM
wut?

first officer painted up his eyes a bit, second guy deemed it was 'done'. :dance:

MrsM
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
wut?

that means that he bumped into an officer and resisting an officer witout violence means he didn't say "Uncle" while being punched in the face.

I have never met a cop that had any "attitude" - However I would be nice or flirt and usually get a warning ;)

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
that means that he bumped into an officer and resisting an officer witout violence means he didn't say "Uncle" while being punched in the face.

I have never met a cop that had any "attitude" - However I would be nice or flirt and usually get a warning ;)

I saw that subtle sarcasm hidden within :lol:

I've had lots of experience with the boys in blue.....only once did one guy try and puff up his chest and git in my space.His partner stopped him tho.

MrsM
03-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I saw that subtle sarcasm hidden within :lol:

I've had lots of experience with the boys in blue.....only once did one guy try and puff up his chest and git in my space.His partner stopped him tho.

It's all about mutual respect - you cross the line and they will go 1 further. I'm friends with a few cops and they always tell me about asses that don't listen.

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 08:57 PM
It's all about mutual respect - you cross the line and they will go 1 further. I'm friends with a few cops and they always tell me about asses that don't listen.

I really sit on the fence with cop violence...on one hand they get into situations we never have to face where bodily harm can come out of nowhere.On the other hand I've seen too many incidents of obviously subdued suspects getting beat up etc...

we had one here in Calgary last year where someone videotaped a cop kicking a homeless guy down a flight of stairs...I watched it a few times and if I was a judge, that cop would have been fired/suspended without pay.There was no danger apparent when a guy is sitting with his head down and hands behind his back.............

MrsM
03-14-2011, 09:00 PM
there will always be bad apples - they need to punish them big time

Hal-9000
03-14-2011, 09:06 PM
The world now has eyes....personal phones, cams etc....cops have to be careful on two fronts or risk a Rodney King trial.