PDA

View Full Version : California Student Suspended for "Hot For Teacher" Essay

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2012, 12:35 AM
"Tall, blond, stacked, skirt, heels ... I'm toast," the essay says
By Dominique Z. Scott - NBC DFW

Joseph Corlett’s “Hot for Teacher” landed him in the hot seat.

The 56-year-old California resident was suspended for three semesters from Oakland University for writing about his attraction to his professor.
The writing sample titled “Hot for Teacher”, based on the Van Halen hit, was part of a class assignment in Advanced Critical Writing.

“She walks in, and I say to myself, ‘Drop, mother (expletive), drop.’ Christ, I’ll never learn a thing. Tall, blond, stacked, skirt, heels, fingernails, smart, articulate, smile. I’m toast, but I stay,” wrote Corlett.

Corlett said the assignment directions were clear, to write creatively about any topic in his daybook.

In his writings Corlett referred to his professor as “my Ginger”, a character from Gilligan’s, and also wrote about how tough it is to be a man, that sex clogs the male brain from age 13 to 30.

He was suspended from the university following a ruling from a hearing committee composed of Oakland University administrators, staff and students. Corlett was not found guilty of sexual harassment, but guilty of intimidating behavior.

He is required to seek psychological counseling if he wants to re-enroll this fall. Corlett appealed the decision and is allowed to continue his two online classes pending the outcome.

“I never experienced an interest in having sex with her. Never,” Corlett told the Oakland Press. “She’s attractive, but I see a lot of women who are attractive. That doesn’t mean I want to have sex with them,” he said.

Corlett admits to writing four other sexually charged essays in the course, one titled “The Boobs I was Not suppose to See”; for all papers Corlett received an A.

Corlett said he always did assignments to the best of his ability and was unaware of context restrictions.

If the Vice President of the university does overule the university’s decision to suspend him, Corlett and his lawyer, Brian Vincent plan to prepare for a lawsuit.

Yt Trash
02-16-2012, 02:42 AM
:facepalm:

So much for creative writing.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-16-2012, 03:25 AM
:facepalm:

Richard Cranium
02-16-2012, 04:53 AM
I don't feel tardy..

KevinD
02-16-2012, 01:30 PM
At 56 and in college, though he is a bit tardy...good for him!