PDA

View Full Version : 'Hoo-hoo' humor in ad raises eyebrows around Denver

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Written by Meagan Fitzgerald - 9 News Colorado

http://i.imgur.com/vutSx.png

DENVER - It's a campaign focused on decreasing the unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease rate in Colorado, but some are not interpreting the advertisements posted on some RTD buses that way.

The ads read: "I have riff-raff in my hoo-hoo," and "Do you have a rain coat for your sailor?"

In a news tip, a 9NEWS viewer interpreted the ads as pro-abortion.

We did some checking and learned the Colorado Initiative to Reduce Unintended Pregnancy funds the advertisements and says they have nothing to do with abortions.

Ellen Marshall is the coordinator for the initiative and says the organization has done extensive research before launching their message.

"This is an effort not intended to offend anyone, but we approached it through research and talking to people who this is directed at. It targets people between the ages of 18 to 29 on what stuck with them," Marshall said.

The privately-funded organization wants to get people talking about planning for a pregnancy and how to avoid sexually transmitted diseases.

"This overall campaign is to get people talking about the decisions that will play a role in their health and well being and to address the unintended pregnancy rate in Colorado," Marshall said.

The campaign launched its website, beforeplay.org, television commercials and advertisements on Feb. 6. Marshall says the message will spread throughout the state for the next few months.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Seriously, do some people just go around and spend their entire days looking for things to be offended about? :|

Pony
02-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Seriously, do some people just go around and spend their entire days looking for things to be offended about? :|

yes.

Your freedoms are very important as long as they don't offend me.

Joebob034
02-16-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm offended by this

Hal-9000
02-16-2012, 05:42 PM
:hand:

It's hoo-hah, not hoo-hoo

I'm offended by this incorrect vagina description

deebakes
02-18-2012, 07:38 PM
:lol: