PDA

View Full Version : Tequila-soaked gummi bears leads to 12-year-old's suspension

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Written by WKMG Local 6

http://i.imgur.com/cupcn.jpg

PALM COAST, Fla. (WKMG) - A 12-year-old student from Indian Trails Middle School has been suspended for 10 days after bringing a bowl full of gummy bears soaked in tequila to school, Flagler deputies say.

According to the incident report, all of the gummy bears had been discarded either by consumption or by being thrown away by the other students.

When initially confronted by his teacher for a strong odor coming from the Tupperware bowl, the student claimed he found the gummies.

However, later the boy admitted to deputies that he did take them to school once the investigation was underway. It's not clear how or where the boy got the gummies.

A fellow student told Local 6 that the student was bragging about the gummies and was handing them out to his friends.

Two students were given a breathe analyzer test and both student blew a BAC of .000%.

"Any of those kids could have been allergic to it and the situation could have been bad if one of them got drunk and rode their bike home," said Jason Browning, whose daughter saw the gummies being distributed.

No charges will be filed.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-16-2012, 10:40 PM
how the fuck can gummies even absorb anything, if anything it was just the smell left behind.

JoeyB
02-16-2012, 10:47 PM
how the fuck can gummies even absorb anything, if anything it was just the smell left behind.

Gummies. Yeah, I read that.

allsmiles
02-17-2012, 03:40 AM
Well, my weekend is set. *adds gummy bears to shopping list*

deebakes
02-18-2012, 07:29 PM
gummy bears and tequila don't mix :sad2: