PDA

View Full Version : Right-wing talk radio host says he only went into gay bar for the beer

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
The Wisconsin Gazette

http://i.imgur.com/ssViP.jpg

Right-wing talk radio host Michael Berry blasted a Houston TV station last week after it reported that he’d left the scene of a hit-and-run accident he caused while he was leaving a gay bar. He claimed that his political enemies were trying to smear him.

“I’ve always said when you do what I do, the way I do it, you make enemies,” he told his radio audience. “When you poke your finger in as many people’s eye as I do every day, you make enemies,” adding that they will “will accuse you of most anything.”

But after surveillance video was released showing Berry inside TC’s Show Bar on Jan. 31, he backtracked and acknowledged being present at the scene.

“I went into a bar,” he told his audience today. “There were gay people inside. You know why I went in to a bar? Let me confess. Because there was cold beer waiting inside. Is that a crime? The fact that I’m not afraid of the fact that some of the people inside may be gay makes it a bad thing? Would it have been better if I was at a strip club, or a Hooters? Well if it would then maybe you should now know, I don’t hate gays. I don’t fear gays. I don’t need to bash gays.”

Berry, who’s famous for his racist and anti-Muslim rants, called Houston’s KPRC-TV a “fourth-place station” and threatened retaliation. “You will not smear my name and me go down without a fight.”

He also said his presence at the gay bar, which was staging a drag show at the time of his 11 p.m. visit, was not hypocritical, because he’s not a homophobe.

Berry was a three-term Houston city councilman and is also co-host of the Face-Off segment on Fox 26 News. The Harris County District Attorney’s office refuses to charge him in the hit-and-run incident, despite his allegedly causing $1,500 in damage to the car owned by the bar’s bouncer, who witnessed the entire incident.

Pony
02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Wow, all these friendly guys keep buying me beers, I like this place! The girls on stage are a bit manly though....

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Wow, all these friendly guys keep buying me beers, I like this place! The girls on stage are a bit manly though....

:shock:

:lmao:

Arkady Renko
02-22-2012, 12:58 PM
my gaydar went berserk when I saw the picture.

Joebob034
02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
:gay:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
I knew he was gay when he swallowed my load

RBP
02-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Not that he is, but why couldn't be be conservative and gay?

Joebob034
02-22-2012, 05:13 PM
“I’ve always said when you do what I do, the way I do it, you make enemies,” he told his radio audience. “When you poke your finger in as many guy's butts as I do every day, you make enemies,”

:huh:

KevinD
02-22-2012, 10:25 PM
I listen to his show sometimes. doesn't bother me if he was in a gay bar (and this has been all OVER the local news here) Wouldn't bother me if he was gay. What DOES bother me, is that he was inside a bar, self confessed to having alcohol, then wrecked and left the scene and the DA isn't charging him with ANYTHING???!!! You or me would be arrested at the least.

Hal-9000
02-22-2012, 10:33 PM
I listen to his show sometimes. doesn't bother me if he was in a gay bar (and this has been all OVER the local news here) Wouldn't bother me if he was gay. What DOES bother me, is that he was inside a bar, self confessed to having alcohol, then wrecked and left the scene and the DA isn't charging him with ANYTHING???!!! You or me would be arrested at the least.

yowsa :thumbsup:

Richard Cranium
02-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Not that he is, but why couldn't be be conservative and gay?

The same reason da blacks can't be conservative, the hypocrite progs wont allow it