PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama Sings Again – This Time with Mick Jagger

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2012, 04:39 PM
By Liz Raftery - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/gOz7c.jpg

Did President Obama miss a musical calling?

It was only last month that the commander-in-chief channeled Al Green at Harlem's Apollo Theater. On Tuesday night, he shared the stage with no less than Mick Jagger, B.B. King and Jeff Beck.

The all-star musical lineup performed in the East Room of the White House, with the President joining in for an ensemble rendition of his hometown anthem "Sweet Home Chicago," news footage from the gathering shows.

The full version of In Performance at the White House: Red, White and Blues will air on local PBS stations on Monday, Feb. 27, at 9 p.m. ET.

For most of the evening, the President and First Lady Michelle Obama took in the concert from the audience, swaying in their seats and occasionally getting up to dance, reports the Associated Press.

But after some prodding from Buddy Guy, who referenced Obama's Apollo performance and told him, "You gotta keep it up," the President took the stage – and a microphone offered by Jagger. (See a clip of his performance here.)

After singing a few bars, Obama leaned the mic toward B.B. King.

"This music speaks to something universal," Obama said, as quoted by the AP. "No one goes through life without both joy and pain, triumph and sorrow. The blues gets all of that, sometimes with just one lyric or one note."

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm sure glad all the problems in our country are solved so the President has time for things like this :)

Muddy
02-22-2012, 04:41 PM
It was in the white house.. It's not like he went on tour with them..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2012, 04:42 PM
It was in the white house.. It's not like he went on tour with them..

I don't care if it was in his bedroom and he didn't even have to get out of bed for it, stuff like this is retarded to be doing when the country is in the crapper.

Muddy
02-22-2012, 04:44 PM
It doesnt bother me.. He probably made his appearance and went back to the drama..

FBD
02-22-2012, 05:38 PM
what was that Jagger sung to Obama? you fuggin criminal?