PDA

View Full Version : Singer Nate Dogg Passes Away

redred
03-16-2011, 08:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCD24VQhGW4&feature=related

Infamous hook singer and former Death Row artist Nathaniel D. Hale, better known as Nate Dogg passed away last night (March 15) his family announced. The cause of death is unknown as of press time.

Nate Dogg has been suffering serious health issues the past years after he suffered a massive stroke in 2007 followed by another in 2008.

Nate Dogg made his debut in the rap game alongside Warren G on the smash record "Regulate" followed by a breakout appearance on Dr. Dre’s classic album The Chronic. Nate went on to release numerous solo albums including G-Funk Classics Vol. 1 & 2 followed up in late 2001 with Music & Me and the latest self-titled solo album Nate Dogg released in 2004. Nate also made a show stealing appearance on producer Mark Ronson’s "Ooh Wee" that also featured Ghostface Killah.

Following his stroke back in 1998 a rep for Nate told MTV News the singer was on the mend and recovering.

"On behalf of Nate, he would like to thank all of the well wishers, both friends and fans," Rod McGrew said. "He appreciates it deeply, and he plans on fully recuperating and getting back in the studio."

"Time will tell everything, obviously. The doctor can only guess what the outcome will be," McGrew said. "But based on situations with similar people his age, and based on his health, the prognosis is good right now."

At the time, collaborator Warren G. was optimistic about Nate's recovery.

“Everybody’s just gotta keep him in their prayers, because he had two strokes and that’s real dangerous,” Warren G said. “A lot of people don’t come back from that. Luther Vandross did it, so hopefully Nate can do it. The game needs him. I need him.”

The rap star, born and raised in Long Beach, Calif. was 41.

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/03/16/singer-nate-dogg-passes-away/

Teh One Who Knocks
03-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Don't know too much by him, but I know the name. Didn't realize he was in that bad of health. :(

:rip:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Bummer, I was a fan

Joebob034
03-16-2011, 03:51 PM
crazy that guy was literally on every rap song ever