PDA

View Full Version : Up next for Santorum: Get Gingrich out, barnstorm the South

Teh One Who Knocks
03-07-2012, 05:55 PM
By Chris Moody | The Ticket

http://i.imgur.com/p0yea.jpg

With 23 state elections now behind the Republican presidential candidates, Rick Santorum lags behind Mitt Romney by nearly 130 committed delegates, and according to his campaign's top strategists, the fastest road to narrowing that gap cuts straight through Dixie.

Romney has yet to win a Southern contest this cycle, and Santorum is looking to the region as his greatest hope of bringing down the front-runner.

But there's just one problem, and it involves a cheerful Georgian named Newt.

On Super Tuesday, Santorum won a majority of votes in Tennessee and Oklahoma, but Gingrich took Georgia and also won the South Carolina primary in January. In order for Santorum's strategy to work, he needs Gingrich off the trail and back at his job as a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute STAT.

"It's time to get serious," Santorum's chief strategist John Brabender told reporters Tuesday night in Steubenville, Ohio. "If you're a conservative ... rally behind Rick Santorum, let's take on Mitt Romney. Let's make this mano to mano and see: Do we want a moderate representing us who the establishment wants or do we want an outsider conservative tea party candidate?" (By "outsider," Brebender was referring to a man who served 16 years in Congress and was for a time the chief message man for Senate Republicans, but who's keeping track?)

Brabender suggested in so many words that Gingrich step aside, a proposal Gingrich has given no indication that he's even remotely interested in entertaining. Santorum is also licking his chops at the idea that he could take the state delegates committed to the former House speaker, which would narrow the gap even more.

"There's a lot of states that are in already where they voted for somebody like Newt Gingrich," Brabender said. "Well those aren't necessarily binding delegates, and they can still vote for Rick Santorum. If conservatives and tea party supporters unite behind Rick Santorum, Mitt Romney will not be the nominee."

Meanwhile, the super PAC supporting Santorum called "The Red, White and Blue Fund" issued a statement Wednesday calling for Gingrich to drop his bid as well, referring to him as "a hindrance."

"With Gingrich exiting the race, it would be a true head-to-head race and conservatives would be able to make a choice between a consistent conservative in Rick Santorum or Mitt Romney," said Stuart Roy, a PAC spokesman. "For instance, with Gingrich out of the race Santorum would have won both Ohio and Michigan. Newt has become a hindrance to a conservative alternative."

Over the next few days, Santorum will devote much of his resources to the Southern contests. He plans to hold a series of events in Alabama, Mississippi and Texas after making a quick stop in Kansas, and will run some television ads in Alabama.

FBD
03-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I still say Newt debates with Obama with be the most entertaining. Hopefully the MA RINO will still think and act like he's conservative after beating Obama :roll:

Muddy
03-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Hopefully the MA RINO will still think and act like he's conservative after beating Obama :roll:

And I hope he doesn't.. If he does he will not have a chance... You extremo right winger nuts are finished...

RBP
03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
You extremo right winger nuts are finished...

:-s

Aren't there rules against that? :-k

Muddy
03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Rules against what?

RBP
03-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Referring to another member as an "extremo right winger nut"

Muddy
03-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Referring to another member as an "extremo right winger nut"

Send Lance a pm if you don't like it...

RBP
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Dad doesn't need to get involved. :lol:

Muddy
03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Lol.. FBD can handle it.. I've been trying to rattle his cage for years...

PorkChopSandwiches
03-07-2012, 07:02 PM
have you tied poking him with a stick?

RBP
03-07-2012, 07:05 PM
:poke:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-07-2012, 07:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Pc9Y5.gif

FBD
03-07-2012, 09:59 PM
:lol:

I just chuckle when somebody calls me a crazy right wing extremist. Because it really only reveals the prejudices underneath the skin of the one regurgitating the insult. I know with all the misinformation out there is it tough to wade through and figure out what is bullshit and what is not. Sometimes different ways of doing things produce vastly different results, especially a big gray mix of them, many directly competing with one another, muddying what might otherwise be pretty obvious results. It even leads some less solidly minded people to support non-fiscally conservative things.

Unfortunately some people think that some solutions produce things that they clearly dont. Like unemployment benefits somehow stimulating the economy or healthcare being some sort of individual right - free shit always sounds good, until you reach the portion of the curve where the people that are paying for that free shit are reluctant to do so for whatever myriad reasons, be it they simply lose incentive, costs spiral out of control because hey, free dummy, or the sources of funding are deemed to be much more needed elsewhere. Nobody said it better than Thatcher - the problem being, sooner or later you run out of other people's money.

People want to be brought together? Okay, let mofos be responsible for themselves, and let's all get taught the age old adage of not coveting thy neighbor's goods. For whatever reason, Progressives run on jealousy, envy, coercion, oppression, conformity - except they word-fuck everything so that it sounds like Unicorns and roses, everyone getting along, everyone provided for...so in other words, Progressives basically want to turn nature on its head, screw anyone that wants to retain any semblance of individual liberty, punish those high outliers that do well. The Democrat party does not exist any longer, it has been usurped and the same group of screwballs that tried taking over the country 70, 90 years ago are finally coming out of the woodwork and exposing themselves for who they really are - a dirty word from a hundred years ago - speaking of word-fuck, look up the definition of classical liberal, one of the worstly bastardized political notions in history. I think the tea party taking over the republican party would be a good thing, but the progressives taking over the democrat party is absolutely a very bad thing. Same fuckers in the UN trying to set the stage to establish a one world government that can levy taxes on anyone.

I accept the notion of the necessity of government's existence - but I think it should have the same accountability you would expect from a normal healthy business transaction.

Where the fuck am I going with this? Basically back to the founding notions of the country. They are sound and applicable and well point out the chasm that has grown between the feds and everything else. Progressive fuckheads do not want this to be the country George Washington helped found. They want it to be the goddam united federation of planets complete with star trek replicators, no need to work for anyone...except the big problem is the ideology requires ridiculously advanced technology that we do not have if the system of government is to exist for any length of time before people go insane from being oppressed. If this is the real world *goes out and looks at the sky* then people are going to have to get it through their skulls that not everyone is equal, we all have to work for a living, nothing is free except charity (and charity ceases to be charity when it is funded via taxation and a bloated ass government program to spend 14,000% of what a private company would on such a thing...and how the hell is that accounting for you being charitable? Its not, because forced charity is a government program, or theft,) money dont grow on trees, localities need to actively attract businesses otherwise people are going to take their money and business elsewhere. And without Prosperity to rape, the welfare state cannot sustain itself.

And goddammit, stop fucking coddling everyone and let people have a chance to grow a hide instead of a .02 micron epidermis that allows even the most pithy of comments to cause dermal dissolution.

As such, Newt has endured things that would make Obama curl up in a fetal position on his five thousand dollar leather couch and cry. Got better command of the situation than anyone else still in the game, but since people love their TV, Mittens was able to make a whole lot of people think far worse of him than they otherwise would have. Dont doubt it, Newt would be the *last* person Obama would want to have to face in a Presidential debate. Romney is the most like Obama out of all of them, and Santorum is but last man standing (that's not romney...or newt.) Too bad TPaw quit so early, if he hung in there like Santorum did then Santorum never would have had his chance to be not-romney and he'd be wondering what he did wrong like Huntsman is. These people do not want to stand up to a real conservative, that's why TPaw didnt get enough money while there were still other conservatives in, Cain had bs allegations, Newt had Romney, "Santorum is a religious nut". We get 90% of debates set up by anti-conservatives, and we're wondering why we cant get a good true fiscally conservative nominee? [-( Why? Gravy, that's why.

What's Rush's concept there? Realville, Literalville? Fucking speak plain English and say what you mean. Not a damn thing wrong with that.

DemonGeminiX
03-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Man... that's a really long post.

:tldr:

Muddy
03-08-2012, 01:16 AM

I just chuckle when somebody calls me a crazy right wing extremist. Because it really only reveals the prejudices underneath the skin of the one regurgitating the insult. I know with all the misinformation out there is it tough to wade through and figure out what is bullshit and what is not. Sometimes different ways of doing things produce vastly different results, especially a big gray mix of them, many directly competing with one another, muddying what might otherwise be pretty obvious results. It even leads some less solidly minded people to support non-fiscally conservative things.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Southern Belle
03-08-2012, 02:14 AM
[-( Southerners don't want a stinky yankee president

DemonGeminiX
03-08-2012, 02:33 AM
[-( Southerners don't want a stinky yankee president

I was talking about this with a friend earlier. I went and looked at the GA primary results as listed by county. What tickled me was that the results in the counties that comprised Atlanta and Savannah (the city counties where "all those damn carpetbagging yankees" are at), all had Romney winning... everywhere else (i.e. where the backwood hick rednecks are), they all voted for Gingrich ('cause he's a Georgia boy). What was even more hilarious was that in the exit poll questionaires, they had stated that they thought Gingrich was the most conservative with the highest moral fiber out of all of the candidates... the guy who cheated on like 3 wives and was married like a gazillion times... highest... moral... fiber...

Apparently divorce ain't as bad down South as it is up North.

Newt's a Georgia boy!!!

FBD
03-08-2012, 02:37 AM
:lol: so what about it not having much to do with clinton's job? at least newt never got nabbed cheating on his wife in his actual office :razz:

Southern Belle
03-08-2012, 02:39 AM
What a mess!