PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Bullock Donates $1 Million to Japan Relief

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2011, 10:53 AM
By Alla Byrne - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/09rNk.jpg

Sandra Bullock is proving to be one generous actress.

The Oscar winner donated $1 million to the American Red Cross this week to aid earthquake and tsunami victims in Japan, the charity told CNN on Thursday.

This is the largest celebrity donation to the Red Cross since the disaster, although the charity has received other anonymous donations, it reports.

Other celebs have used social media to encourage fans to support the Red Cross – and it's paid off with $2.6 million in text message donations so far.

This is not the first time Bullock has donated to disaster relief efforts. Last January, the actress gave $1 million to Haiti following the tragic earthquake there. She also is a strong supporter of the rebuilding efforts in New Orleans.

Foxdana
03-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Gotta love her!! What a class act!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Gotta love her!! What a class act!

No doubt....too many celebs run their mouths begging for people to donate money while they do little or nothing. Sandra actually puts her money where her mouth is and gives any time there's a huge disaster.

fricnjay
03-18-2011, 04:33 PM
What I like about her is she is not running her mouth about it. She just does it and not for the publicity. I doubt we would even have know if it were not for the sleazy investigative reporters at TMZ and what not.

RBP
03-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Dear Sandra:

My microwave emits dangerous levels of radiation and while it's not close to a meltdown, I, in fact, am.

Please help.

RBP

Midnight_Beacon
03-19-2011, 07:11 AM
I <3 Sandra. I'm glad she's helping.

Another good one is Vin Diesel. When the disaster happened in Hati, he posted pictures from his cell phone on facebook. He asked folks to help sure - but he was over there digging out buildings himself. You don't see that in any of the publicity / paparazzi publications. They would be two of my favorite class act celebrities.

Hal-9000
03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
total class act...a million to Haiti and million to Japan...you go Sandy!!! :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2011, 10:14 PM
What I like about her is she is not running her mouth about it. She just does it and not for the publicity. I doubt we would even have know if it were not for the sleazy investigative reporters at TMZ and what not.

Oh definitely....I wasn't trying to insinuate that she was running her mouth, I was just using the expression :oops: