PDA

View Full Version : Killer sues prison chiefs over 'abusive' cards from victim's son because it's against his HUMAN RIGHTS

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2012, 11:40 AM
By Matt Blake - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/Nk7s0.jpg

A convicted murderer is suing his prison for £50,000 because his victim's son sent him greetings cards - claiming it is a breach of his human rights.

Karl Henderson, 40, was jailed for 30 years for shooting dead a suspected drug dealer with a shotgun in 1996.

But in the years since, the, killer - once described by a judge as 'thoroughly evil' - has received a series of Christmas and birthday messages from the victim's son.

He claims jail chiefs should have intercepted the cards before they reached his cell, complaining that he needed anti-depressants after they kept arriving, even after he moved prisons.

But despite promises from wardens that they would stop, Henderson, who is serving time at Long Lartin high security jail, in Worcestershire, still received six more.

It is the same jail where terror extremist Abu Qatada was held.

The cards were from the son of suspected drug dealer Mark Sayer, 22, who was gunned down on his doorstep 16 years ago.

During his trial the judge commented: 'Rarely have I encountered so thoroughly evil an individual.'

Now he wants £50,000 for his 'inhuman treatment'.

Papers filed to the High Court, at which Henderson represented himself, say the cards created an 'intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating, or offensive' atmosphere.

The Prison Service told The Sun: We will fight this claim in court and have not paid him compensation for his claim.'

The news comes days after the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) called for more rights for groups that include criminals, travellers and gipsies on illegal camps, and suspected extremists.

The EHRC has spent at least £150,000 of taxpayers’ money publishing a review, called How Fair Is Britain?, into how public bodies safeguard people’s rights.

The left-wing quango, led by former Labour politician Trevor Phillips, concluded that ‘more could be done to improve human rights protections of some,’ which also included vulnerable people in care homes and victims of crime.

Goofy
03-11-2012, 12:33 PM
:|

Tank
03-11-2012, 01:07 PM
this type of stuff really boils my piss!!

Human rights is the biggest bunch of bollocks ever created. how can a convicted murderer sit there and complain that he's hard done by, obviously he's not spared a single moment for the thought of the birthdays/xmas'/weddings/grandkids he's robbed his victims parents of celebrating due to his actions!

if he wins this then i think i may have just lost my last thread of respect for the British legal system/government.
and if he does win i hope the victims family sues him for the sum he wins, for a breach of their human rights or something so the prick ends up with nothing again!!

end rant