PDA

View Full Version : Deputies: Woman passes out in car as child plays at McDonald's

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM
By PATRICIO G. BALONA, News-Journal Staff Writer

http://i.imgur.com/HFxvX.jpg

A 28-year-old woman was found passed out in a car in the parking lot of a McDonald's in Deltona after leaving a child unattended in the play area of the fast food restaurant, sheriff's deputies said.

Jessica Jones was charged with child neglect and two counts of possession of prescription pills, an arrest report shows.

Sheriff's deputies were called to the McDonald's at 2190 Howland Blvd. at 8:14 p.m. Monday after two women at the McDonald's found Jones slumped over the steering wheel of her car, the report states.

The women told deputies they saw Jones go into McDonald's and purchase a happy meal for the 8-year-old boy, then take him to the play area. Jones then went outside and left the child unsupervised, deputies said. As is common in neglect cases, authorities did not reveal the relationship between the woman and child.

Jones was woken up and she had slurred speech and deputies noticed a pill on the floorboard. After Jones was medically cleared, the car was searched. Deputies found six anti-anxiety alprazolam tablets and two oxycodone pain pills in an unlabeled orange bottle, investigators said.

RBP
03-12-2012, 04:20 PM
oops

Arkady Renko
03-12-2012, 04:39 PM
doesn't sound great but it seems like one of the lesser cases of neglect. The kid is eight and was in a relatively safe environment even though she left him to his own devices. Probably not beyond help (yet).

deebakes
03-13-2012, 01:35 AM
lock this pedophile up, right rbp? :-k

oh wait, she didn't have sex with the kid? so what's the big deal? :shrug:

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 01:40 AM
if she carries around prescription meds that aren't hers and passes out while caring for tots...I think there's a wee problem :lol:

deebakes
03-13-2012, 01:44 AM
i didn't see anything in the article about marijuana :-k

RBP
03-13-2012, 01:53 AM
lock this pedophile up, right rbp? :-k

oh wait, she didn't have sex with the kid? so what's the big deal? :shrug:

Don't get smart with ME mister. :x

deebakes
03-13-2012, 02:05 AM
i can't get smart :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches