PDA

View Full Version : High School Wrestlers Suspended For Hazing

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Wrestlers were told to tie their hands with saran wrap, eat cat food and stand in a bucket of cold water
NBC 4 Los Angeles

Eight Troy High School wrestlers were suspended for five days for hazing fellow students during an off-campus tournament in January.

The incident occurred on a trip in January when nine of the wrestlers were told to tie their hands with saran wrap, eat cat food and stand in a bucket of cold water at 2:30 a.m. outside their Lake Arrowhead mountain cabin.

The students were suspended after one of the moms inquired about the incident.

The father of one of the boys, Chris Thompson, says it was a rite of passage.

His 16-year old son is on the wrestling team but the teenager did not consider what happened to him “hazing.”

He said all of it was for fun.

Thompson says his own son thought it was part of an initiation.

“No injury, no fear, no intimidation,” said Thompson. ”I don’t know how they could say this was harassment.”

One boy told the Orange County Register, “It is just something that you have to go through. It wasn’t embarrassing or humiliating.”

None of the boys felt intimidated, Fullerton Joint Union High School District Superintendent George Giokaris told The Register.

DemonGeminiX
03-13-2012, 12:14 PM
:hand:

Initiation for the freshmen and first time wrestlers. I went through it in football and in wrestling. It's not hazing.

Joebob034
03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
If the boys didn't complain what's the problem?

Acid Trip
03-13-2012, 04:37 PM
If the boys didn't complain what's the problem?

I'm confused too. Who found out and complained if it wasn't the people involved?

Joebob034
03-13-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm confused too. Who found out and complained if it wasn't the people involved?

I guess one of the moms raised a stink but so what she didn't have to do any of it and apparently her son wasn't bothered by it