PDA

View Full Version : Girls Commit Suicide in Attempt to Travel Back in Time

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
KTLA News

ZHANGZHOU, CHINA -- Two young girls have reportedly committed suicide in an attempt to travel back in time.

According to a report by state-owned China Daily, the suicides may have been inspired by a television series about traveling back into the Qing Dynasty.

The girls, both 12, left behind a suicide note in which one girl indicated her death was motivated by dreams of traveling to space and of shooting a film with the emperor of the Qing Dynasty.

According to the newspaper the other girl feared telling her parents that she lost a remote control to the garage door.

"I often provoke my mother's unhappiness, and I'm sorry", the China Daily's Chinese version reported the girl as having written in her suicide note.

Both girls drowned themselves in a pond near their homes.

A newspaper in Southeast China conducted an informal survey of elementary school students, finding that 14 of 16 children believed that time travel was possible.

It did not say whether it asked the students if they believed death was the only method through which they could travel in time, according to the Wall Street Journal.

FBD
03-13-2012, 11:56 AM
time dont exist when you move the speed of light :razz: good luck getting another human opportunity, kiddies :roll:

Arkady Renko
03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
can't blame them for wanting to get out of contemporary China, but this was not the smartest way to go about it.

Joebob034
03-13-2012, 04:22 PM
According to the newspaper the other girl feared telling her parents that she lost a remote control to the garage door.

Seems like a totally legit reason to kill yourself

Acid Trip
03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Both girls drowned themselves in a pond near their homes.

It's very hard to drown yourself due to the survival response. Someone probably drowned them and staged this ruse as a cover up.

Now the parents can try to have a boy that won't lose the garage door opener.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
:darwin:

redred
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
i was expecting to read they pinched a delorean and crashed into a wall trying to reach 88mph