PDA

View Full Version : McNugget mystery; woman finds something strange in her nugget mid-bite

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
By Jason Aubry - ABC 57 News

http://i.imgur.com/YHjAj.jpg

ELKHART, Ind. – The four-piece nugget was supposed to be a quick snack for Raquel House on Tuesday afternoon, but it turned into a gross situation that left her nauseous and searching for answers.

House purchased the nuggets, a small fry, and an ice cream cone from the McDonald’s on Cassopolis Street in Elkhart, near the Toll Road.

After finishing the cone and fries, she popped the first nugget into her mouth. It was not until she took a bite from the second nugget her mid-day snack was ruined.

After biting into the nugget, House realized something was not right. “I started to feel like there was hair in my mouth, and that’s when I saw that there was white hair on my tongue; and I looked at my food, and there was feathers coming off the nugget,” said House.

House called the store and let them know about the problem, but was not fully satisfied with the response she got.

She also wanted to let her community know about her nugget experience, in case there were other contaminated nuggets in the same batch that had also been sold. So she called us.

At first, I was a little skeptical and wanted to see for myself what House was talking about.

When I met with her, she showed me photos she took and the nugget with the foreign object sticking out of it.

It certainly did not look like anything I have ever seen in a nugget before, so we started to dig whatever it was out of the nugget.

We eventually were able to pull it free from the nugget and take a closer look.

The outside felt smooth and a little bit like plastic, or finger nail to me.

It even appeared to have fibers shooting out of one end.

Later that night, House still could not bring herself to eat anything. According to House, every time she thinks about eating something, she remembers the incident vividly.

Even though she was upset, House is thinking of the community and she just wants to know the company is doing everything they can to protect their customers. “I was really upset, I mean, now I’ve kind of calmed down but to me this is just being a responsible citizen in our community and that’s just letting people know what’s going on,” said House

We contacted McDonald’s corporate office Tuesday evening. They put us in touch with the area media relations personnel.

They assured me they would investigate the matter, and asked the object be saved so they could look at it; According to House, she will keep everything if it means getting answers.

The owner of the McDonald’s that sold House the nuggets, Harry L. Smith, provided us with this written statement Tuesday night:

“We take matters regarding food safety and quality very seriously and caution anyone from jumping to conclusions. Upon learning about this claim, we immediately began the process of collecting the facts. Our customer’s health and safety is paramount.”

But according to House, the results of the investigation won’t matter much to her if the object turns out to be some other part of the bird, and not a feather. “It needs to look like meat, and it needs to feel like meat. It doesn’t need to be other parts in there and if it is, then they need to put that on the box so that we know what else we are eating,” said House.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2012, 09:06 PM
House called the store and let them know about the problem, but was not fully satisfied with the response she got.

Translation: They didn't offer her a huge settlement right over the phone :rolleyes:

Hal-9000
03-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Exactly...Mickeys has been through this before.They'll swoop in, grab the offending material and then cleanse the area like Roswell...

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Her feigned shock about the whole thing is what I find the most ridiculous...McD's makes a zillion of these a year and I'm sure that even with the strictest quality control, other parts of the chicken probably make it thru during the process.

If this ignorant bitch thinks that all served food is pristine, she needs to talk to some people that work in the food service industry so they can clue her in on what happens in a kitchen.

Hal-9000
03-14-2012, 10:02 PM
"Even though she was upset, House is thinking of the community and she just wants to know the company is doing everything they can to protect their customers"

:roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2012, 10:03 PM
"Even though she was upset, House is thinking of the community and she just wants to know the company is doing everything they can to protect their customers"

:roll:

Exactly....and then top it off with this:

Later that night, House still could not bring herself to eat anything. According to House, every time she thinks about eating something, she remembers the incident vividly.

:rolleyes:

Hal-9000
03-14-2012, 10:06 PM
fook me I've pulled large chunks of what looked like plastic out of burgers n stuff before...I just ate around the offending material and ordered another :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2012, 10:08 PM
About a year ago I was eating a burrito from the burrito dude that comes around most mornings (all homemade stuff)...I took a bite and found this inside:

http://i.imgur.com/n8HWF.jpg

I figure it fell into the food during preparation, I just threw it away and finished the burrito :lol:

Hal-9000
03-14-2012, 10:11 PM
awww man you should have feigned choking right in front of him, palmed that thing and then displayed and then had free burritos for a year :lol:

Starchild
03-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Blame, blame and blame again. Blame culture. Anyway, you'll not get much of a response from McDonalds - the Boss is a clown.....

:dance:

Hal-9000
03-14-2012, 10:22 PM
:lol:

deebakes
03-14-2012, 11:56 PM
fuckin' obama :(

Muddy
03-15-2012, 12:16 AM
fuckin' obama :(

Lol!

Godfather
03-15-2012, 05:54 AM
About a year ago I was eating a burrito from the burrito dude that comes around most mornings (all homemade stuff)...I took a bite and found this inside:

http://i.imgur.com/n8HWF.jpg

I figure it fell into the food during preparation, I just threw it away and finished the burrito :lol:

:lol: Dude, respect for being so relaxed. If it was my business I'd be mortified and offer the client their refund and free food. You could have asked for that, no?

It's up to the seller of a product to ensure the inherent safety and quality of their goods, the "fitness of a business's product for a particular purpose."

If I were in her shoes, I'd be grossed out enough to expect an apology and a gift card but wouldn't waste time with newspapers and lawyers :lol: That's moronic.

Joebob034
03-15-2012, 03:28 PM
she should put it on eBay

Teh One Who Knocks
03-15-2012, 03:42 PM
:lol: Dude, respect for being so relaxed. If it was my business I'd be mortified and offer the client their refund and free food. You could have asked for that, no?

It's up to the seller of a product to ensure the inherent safety and quality of their goods, the "fitness of a business's product for a particular purpose."

If I were in her shoes, I'd be grossed out enough to expect an apology and a gift card but wouldn't waste time with newspapers and lawyers :lol: That's moronic.

It's just some retired guy that sells burritos in the morning for extra income, why would I want to extort stuff from him? :lol:

And you do realize that in the mass production of food, there is no such thing as 100% non-contamination. Things are gonna slip thru and people need to realize that without getting all butthurt.

Godfather
03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
And you do realize that in the mass production of food, there is no such thing as 100% non-contamination. Things are gonna slip thru and people need to realize that without getting all butthurt.

Oh for sure... just saying I'd still expect a refund and a free meal if something gross happened. It's not asking much, and like I said, if I was the McDonalds manager I'd be pretty horrified and more than happy to offer that :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
she should put it on eBay

it doesnt look like jesus :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh for sure... just saying I'd still expect a refund and a free meal if something gross happened. It's not asking much, and like I said, if I was the McDonalds manager I'd be pretty horrified and more than happy to offer that :lol:

And I have no problem with that, what bothers me is when people see a hair in their food and they instantly become 'scarred for life' and expect a multi-million dollar settlement :roll:

Godfather
03-15-2012, 03:50 PM
And I have no problem with that, what bothers me is when people see a hair in their food and they instantly become 'scarred for life' and expect a multi-million dollar settlement :roll:

Totally agree. Moronic.