PDA

View Full Version : Former Lexington teacher accused of sex with 2 boys

Teh One Who Knocks
03-16-2012, 01:05 PM
by ASHLEY GOUDEAU / KVUE NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/jRHq4.jpg

LEXINGTON, Texas -- In a town of 1,100, word of what a former Lexington Middle School teacher is accused of doing spread fast.

"I heard my brother and sister talking about it," said Jessica Carmona, who works in Lexington. Her siblings go to school in Lexington. "It did shock me," she said.

Police say 32-year-old Holly Lopez, a special education teacher at Lexington Middle School, had an improper relationship with a 14-year-old student she tutored.

According to the arrest affidavit, the student says Lopez "would treat me like a boyfriend and touch my leg sometimes."

In the month leading up to the alleged assault, the two exchanged 841 text messages. Police say on Feb. 11, the messaging turned into sex in the home of the boy's 13-year-old friend, also a Lexington Middle School student, in Pflugerville.

"She arrived at the residence with condoms and then proceeded to engage in sexual intercourse with both students," said Pflugerville Police Department Lieutenant Laura Wilkes.

Wilkes says Lopez's contact with the 14-year-old boy didn't stop there. On Feb. 28, he broke his silence.

"The chief of police at Lexington ISD actually is the one who received the original outcry of this case. One of the students, the main victim, went to him because Mrs. Lopez was continually texting after the incident and he wanted it to stop," Lt. Wilkes explained.

Lopez was arrested Thursday for improper relationship between educator and student and for aggravated sexual assault, leaving doubt in the minds of many in Lexington.

"It's supposed to be a school that's supposed to protect kids, and they're doing this to kids," said Carmona.

"There's a lot of trust associated with that, and when that trust is violated, it's very hard for parents to deal with," Lt. Wilkes added.

Lopez resigned after being put on administrative leave. Superintendent Frances McArthur says Lopez has not and will not return to the school.

"The teacher can have such an impact on students, but this, this is something none of us ever, ever dreamed that we would ever see in our career. It's, this is terrible," McArthur said.

Lopez is being held in the Travis County Jail. Her bond is set at $100,000. The grand jury could add more charges against her, but if she is found guilty of the current charges, she faces between five and 99 years in prison.

Acid Trip
03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
"She arrived at the residence with condoms and then proceeded to engage in sexual intercourse with both students," said Pflugerville Police Department Lieutenant Laura Wilkes.

She really went all out.

RBP
03-16-2012, 02:11 PM
:facepalm:

Joebob034
03-16-2012, 02:20 PM
:thumbsdown:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-16-2012, 02:23 PM
There is only 1100 people in that town, she is probably one of the hotter ones Joe

Joebob034
03-16-2012, 02:36 PM
find a new town then

PorkChopSandwiches
03-16-2012, 02:38 PM
:hand: they were only 14, cant drive

Joebob034
03-16-2012, 02:41 PM
hey if an 8 yr old can do it so can they

PorkChopSandwiches
03-16-2012, 02:43 PM
he wasnt very successful, but gets an A for effort

MrsM
03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Question... could get 99 yrs? Wouldn't she get less if she killed them?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-16-2012, 04:04 PM

note to self

Arkady Renko
03-16-2012, 04:26 PM

apparently sex is worse than violence, look at the ratings for tv shows and movies.

Hal-9000
03-16-2012, 06:11 PM
that's an odd sentence for child predators....I think I mentioned the average jail time before for sexual abuse of a child (this is from 1995-2003)

2 years...less time off for good behavior

deebakes
03-17-2012, 06:24 AM
:idk: