PDA

View Full Version : Baseball bat-wielding teen crushes kittens' skulls, officials say

Teh One Who Knocks
03-16-2012, 09:52 PM
The Los Angeles Times

http://i.imgur.com/BqVyN.jpg

A Hacienda Heights teenager faces the possibility of animal cruelty charges after authorities said he admitted killing three kittens with a baseball bat.

Investigators said they found the felines with their skulls crushed in his home trash can.

Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control officers said they went to the home March 7 after he admitted killing the tiny kittens to a staff member at Wilson High School, where he attends.

“Apparently the boy confessed to a school staff member that he had killed three kittens earlier in the morning by beating them with a baseball bat and disposing of the bodies in the trash at his home,” said Marcia Mayeda, director of animal care.

Officers arrived at the home in the 15900 block of Leander Drive and evaluated the kittens, checking for signs of life. Unfortunately, she said, the three domestic shorthairs were confirmed dead. They were about 2 weeks old and appeared to be unweaned.

A medical examination of the kittens determined the cause of death to be severe fractures to the skull and head trauma.

"Cruelty towards animals is usually a precursor to other human-directed violence later in life. It is crucial to intervene in these types of cases early on to avoid the escalation of violent behavior," Mayeda said.

This case is being referred to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office for possible criminal prosecution, officials said.

minz
03-16-2012, 09:55 PM
:(

Hal-9000
03-16-2012, 09:55 PM
"..faces the possibility of animal cruelty charges..."

after admitting he bludgeoned 3 cats with a bat, I think it would be a foregone conclusion? Or do they have to call in the CSI unit ?

deebakes
03-17-2012, 06:22 AM
training for his adult years i guess :(

DemonGeminiX
03-17-2012, 11:51 AM
This is how serial killers start.