PDA

View Full Version : Mother of the Year Candidate: Mom watched underage daughter strip, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2012, 12:01 PM
By FOX 12 Webstaff

http://i.imgur.com/EzYts.jpg

SALEM, OR (KPTV) -

A woman who complained to police in December that her underage daughter was stripping has been arrested.

Salem police say surveillance video shows 42-year-old Christina Lopez watching her 17-year-old daughter dance and providing her money at Presley's Playhouse Cabaret on Commercial Street Southeast.

Lopez is charged with using a child in display of sexually explicit conduct.

"I told her to sit at the table and give me like three or four bucks because you are not allowed to take money from a customer's hand," said Nicole Madril, who told FOX 12 she asked her mother to come the club because she was sick and needed money for food.

Madril said her mother had no idea she was stripping until that day.

"Then a couple hours later, she called the police," said Madril. "She was like, 'You can't work there.' She said, 'You can't do this,' and I said, 'You can't tell me what to do.'"

The club was also slapped with two violations for hiring an underage dancer, according to the Oregon Liquor Control Commission. The club owner told FOX 12 she is fighting the $6,500 fine because she says Madril lied about her age and presented an ID that listed her age as 19. No criminal charges were filed against the club, police said.

Madril said the club never asked her for ID and her mom shouldn't have been arrested for simply coming to the club.

"I love my mom," said Madril. "My mom is a caring, loving... person, and I hope she fights it, because this is ridiculous."

Lopez is being held in the Marion County Jail. She is scheduled to make her first court appearance on Monday.

redred
03-17-2012, 12:08 PM
she had to let her daughter do it ,no way she was going to get any money for dancing