PDA

View Full Version : Mother of Bully Body-Slammed in Video Demands Apology From Her Son's Victim

AntZ
03-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Mother of Bully Body-Slammed in Video Demands Apology From Her Son's Victim

Published March 17, 2011 | FoxNews.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T70JLpazgU

The mother of an Australian bully who's become an Internet sensation for being body-slammed on video by one of his victims says she wants an apology.

Footage of the fight shows seventh-grader Ritchard Gale tormenting, shoving and punching 10th-grader Casey Heynes at Chifley College in St. Marys North before the much-larger Heynes body slams Gale and walks away.

But Gale's mother, Tina, says she and her family are the victims, now that the video has gone viral, and she says Heynes owes her family an apology.

"We don't need this posted everywhere," she told Australia's Seven Network on Wednesday. "I would like him to apologize."

Tina said she while was "shocked" at Ritchard's behavior, she didn't think he deserved to be slammed to the ground. Neither boy suffered serious injuries in the fight.

The video, which became an Internet sensation shortly after being posted, caused a surge of approval for Heynes, with many calling him a "hero" and nicknaming him "the Punisher" while dubbing Ritchard "The Rat." A Facebook page for "Casey Heynes – Public Figure" also has generated nearly 98,000 "likes."

The school however did not pick sides in the fight and instead suspended both boys for four days.

Trial attorney Lee Armstrong said that was a mistake and unfair to Heynes.

"We understand that in the past he gets bullied every day… If this was like a Wii video game and we could control his limbs, that's exactly what one of us would have done," Armstrong told Fox News. "The fact that this smaller kid can't appreciate the difference in size between himself and a larger kid is his problem. This kid should not have been suspended."

But defense attorney and former prosecutor Mark Eiglarsh said not suspending Heynes would have set a dangerous precedent.

"This isn't just an isolated incident. This now becomes law in the school. Every other kid now is free if they're bullied not to do as they're told to turn the other cheek and go to their teachers but to lift up another kid, the bully, and slamming them to ground, risking paralysis or death," Eiglarsh told Fox News.

The school said it will decide whether to subject the boys to further punishment after it completes an investigation.

Softdreamer
03-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Little fecker got what he deserved, The poor kid that stood up for himself should get a free hall pass to every school worldwide.

samarchepas
03-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Exactly...Don't think he will try that again...:lol:

MrsM
03-20-2011, 12:14 AM
I understand what the school was doing with suspending both of them - but the mother asking for an apology? Please - her son should be the one that is apologizing

Dr Death
03-20-2011, 12:21 AM
They should kick her ass for raising a bully!:beatdown:

Griffin
03-20-2011, 12:27 AM
She is just wanting her 15 minutes of fame.
Even if it is because of the actions of her loser son.

Foxdana
03-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Has she apologised for her sons behaviour? I think not! Twit!!

AntZ
03-20-2011, 12:55 AM
I watch that clip and see my nephew!

He's in his 20's now, but he was built just like that big kid. He was a gentle and soft spoken kid, and there were some little idiots like the one in the video that treated him just like that! I wish that he stood up to them like that! There was an occasion when he was in the 8th grade, he was harassed relentlessly and the teachers knew all about it and did nothing! At that time, there were some highly publicized shootings by bullied kids in the news. He one day threatened a couple of the bullies that he will kill them, and naturally, it was reported to the teachers and they thew my nephew out of school for a few weeks! That's typical in every school now, ignore the abuse and punish the retaliation with zero tolerance! :roll:

Looking at the video, it's clear that little asshole has hit that big kid in the face before! If it wasn't for this clip, and the fact that the boy had enough that day, I'm sure the abuse would have continued!

My nephew is now a big guy, he's still a gentle giant, but no one will mess with him now! I hope the same goes for this big kid soon?

Godfather
03-20-2011, 05:22 PM
I've got to disagree a bit with those so quick to judge

The fact of the matter is that this is a 30 second clip...

You can't tell from this alone whether the small little dude was a constant bully victim finally standing up for himself after years of being bullied... or, (just as likely) the little kid thought he was tough and he and his friends had been giving the chubby kid a hard time for years.

I'd love to know who really is the bully and the victim. The big kid obviously won this battle and doesn't appear to have started it. Maybe that is and maybe it isn't the case.... but it's just half the story.

I'm curious to know...

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 05:42 PM
they said the large kid had been bullied for months GF :rolleyes:..even the school acknowledged it

what I don't like is the line near the end saying that body slamming a bully is no way to resolve the dispute as the bully may become injured...
bully should have thought of that a long time ago.........

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 05:44 PM
I believe that when the smaller kid walks up, grabs the larger kid's shirt and gives him a straight right to the face....

that may indicate chain of events Mr Prosecutor :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2011, 05:45 PM
they said the large kid had been bullied for months GF :rolleyes:..even the school acknowledged it

what I don't like is the line near the end saying that body slamming a bully is no way to resolve the dispute as the bully may become injured...

I saw the same reports about the bigger kid has been a victim for a long time and the smaller kid has been bullying for awhile.

And agree 100% Hal...that bully asked for it and finally got what was coming to him. This may be cold, but it's too bad the bully didn't get hurt.

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 05:58 PM
the creepy part is that it was recorded right at the time he approaches the big kid....a total set up by a group of bullies wanting to get a youtube vid out of hurting a guy who formerly never fought back....

sick shite right there...

I did like how the larger guy just shrugs off the rather close up punch to the face and stands there :thumbsup:

AntZ
03-20-2011, 06:11 PM

I wonder if the school feels any sympathy for the big kid that just took a fist to the mouth and chest? And how about his well-being from the, I'm sure, relentless teasing and insults?

Let this be a lesson to all those little a-holes, mess with a bull and sometimes you'll get the horns!

Hal-9000
03-20-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm sure if that passive big kid would have balled up his fist, he could have dropped that little shite disturber with one well placed punch :thumbsup:

Godfather
03-20-2011, 09:21 PM

Don't rolly-eyes me, dick :lol: I didn't read it, I only watched the vid :P

AntZ
03-20-2011, 10:30 PM
I didn't read it, I only watched the vid :P

Another kid from the video age! :shakehead:

:beatdown: