PDA

View Full Version : Black Panthers offer bounty for gunman in Trayvon Martin's death

RBP
03-25-2012, 01:06 PM
SANFORD, Fla. -- Members of the New Black Panther Party are offering a $10,000 reward for the "capture" of George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin.

New Black Panther leader Mikhail Muhammad announced the reward during a protest in Sanford Saturday. And when asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 10,000 black men to capture Zimmerman, who shot Trayvon in a gated Sanford community on Feb. 26.

Muhammad said members of his group would search for Zimmerman themselves in Maitland -- where the 28-year old worked before the shooting, employees there told The Orlando Sentinel. He declined to say when the group would begin their search.

Sanford city officials issued a statement late Saturday, condemning the group's appeal and asking citizens to leave all arrests to the police. The statement was sanctioned by Sanford Police Captain Robert O'Connor -- one of two Captains now leading the department in the wake of Police Chief Bill Lee's temporary suspension.

"The City is requesting calm heads and no vigilante justice," the statement said. "Attempts by civilians to take any person into custody may result in criminal charges or unnecessary violence."

Former Orange-Osceola County prosecutor Esther Whitehead said the Panthers' bounty opens them up to civil and possibly criminal liability.

"I can't see how anyone can go out and take action as a private citizen without some government action like the issuance of a warrant," she said. "It doesn't make sense. It doesn't sound reasonable."

The New Black Panthers were in Sanford Saturday for the group's third protest in the past two weeks over the fatal shooting of the Miami Gardens teen.

The group has consistently called for Zimmerman's arrest and threatened to find and detain him if police were not willing to do so. But group members didn't call for the mobilization of thousands until Saturday.

On Saturday, Muhammed led the small group in chanting "Justice for Trayvon!" and "Black Power!"

"If the government won't do the job, we'll do it," Muhammad said, leading his group of eight party members in chants like "freedom or death" and "justice for Trayvon" while making the iconic gesture of raising their fists into the air.

The party members said they are tired of the inaction of government officials -- from Sanford city officials up to the Governor -- and accused them of lying and delaying justice.

Sanford police arrived toward the end of the demonstration Saturday asking onlookers and media to avoid walking into the street in front of The Retreat at Twin Lakes where Trayvon was killed.

As the officer walked back to his cruiser, Muhammad berated and pointed angrily at him saying "If you'd had shown this much concern, Trayvon may still be alive today."

The fiery rhetoric and often profanity-laden diatribes made some visitors to the impromptu memorial uncomfortable.

Pastor Moses Brown of Tampa said he was disappointed with the Panthers' approach.

"We believe in a message of justice, not hate," said Brown, who was in town to pray at the memorial and attend the Monday event at Sanford's Civic Center. "We believe justice will come through the court system."

Brown, who is also the Chief executive officer of Feed Our Children, said he has been meeting with other Christian ministers to discuss the case.

While the Panthers chanted behind him, Brown said "I see parallel versions of how we are coping with this as a community. Some in anger and us, in prayer. But we are in America where we have our rights to expression."

Sanford resident James Tucker said the party's message is about vengeance -- not justice -- and could rouse a "lynch mob" that could spiral out of control into a race riot.

"I'm as much for black power as anybody but this is going to alienate the white friends we need to get things done," Tucker said, as he stood across the street from the demonstration.

The Southern Poverty Law Center website the New Black Panther Party, a black-separatist group founded in 1989, is "virulently racist and anti-Semitic," and its leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law officers.

Like many people who have expressed outrage nationwide and beyond over the case, Muhammad, the group's southern regional minister, has called Trayvon's killing and the lack of an arrest a "miscarriage of justice."

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/03/25/black-panthers-offer-bounty-gunman-trayvon-martins-death

Muddy
03-25-2012, 01:20 PM
These idiots... Yeah thats what we need.. more violence..

FBD
03-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Why the hell should they care, its not like the DoJ would uphold any conviction against them. Voter intimidation, puttin out hit requests, ya know, all in a day's work :rolleyes:

I'm still wondering why with all of the pictures I've seen of this dude why are every single one of them a pic of an innocent little 10 year old - what's the problem with showing him as an adult?

Muddy
03-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Why the hell should they care, its not like the DoJ would uphold any conviction against them. Voter intimidation, puttin out hit requests, ya know, all in a day's work :rolleyes:

I'm still wondering why with all of the pictures I've seen of this dude why are every single one of them a pic of an innocent little 10 year old - what's the problem with showing him as an adult?

I thought he was a 10 year old dude (because of the pictures) until I read the story...

Loser
03-25-2012, 02:50 PM
I've been following this case, and in my opinion, the idiot should be charged at the minimum with involuntary manslaughter.

Muddy
03-25-2012, 07:36 PM
I've been following this case, and in my opinion, the idiot should be charged at the minimum with involuntary manslaughter.
Right.. If you kill someone you really need a judge to give the nod on it... Not some street level cop..

Acid Trip
03-26-2012, 02:02 PM
More information on the story says George Zimmerman was attacked and has the injuries to prove it. Zimmerman also happens to be a Hispanic male with a bi-racial family (Hispanic and Black).

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmermans-attorney-friend-speak-trayvon-martin-incident/story?id=15999256

The attorney counseling George Zimmerman, who shot unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin as he was walking home from the store with a bag of Skittles, says if charges are filed, Zimmerman will argue that he acted in self-defense and that Florida's stand-your-ground law applies.

Attorney Craig Sonner said the public is only hearing part of the story, and when all the facts come out, it will be clear that Zimmerman acted in self defense. A grand jury is scheduled to begin hearing the case April 10.

"George Zimmerman suffered a broken nose, and had an injury to the back of his head, he was attacked by Trayvon Martin on that evening," Sonner said. "This was a case of self defense."

When asked why Zimmerman went after Martin, even though a 911 dispatcher told him not to, Sonner said: "Those are questions that will be answered."

Sonner said the so-called stand-your-ground law, under which a person who feels threatened is not required to retreat and can "meet force with force" if attacked, will be applicable in the case.

Sonner insisted that Zimmerman is not a racist, pointing out that he and his wife mentored for two black children for free.

"When I asked this mother [of the mentees], who trusted [Zimmerman and his wife], and she's an African-American, if she trusted George Zimmerman, she said she did, and I asked her if there was anything that caused her to believe that she was a racist, and she said, 'Absolutely not.' And I said, went further, 'Did you ever hear him use racial slurs in any time that you'd been around him?' And she said, 'no' as well," Sonner said.

Joe Oliver, a family friend of Zimmerman's who spoke with him this weekend, told ABC News that as a volunteer community watch commander, Zimmerman had to look out for suspicious-looking people.

"There are people who have accused George of profiling, well, I would think as a watch commander you are keeping an eye out for people you don't recognize in your neighborhood," Oliver said.

"The reason why he was following this suspicious person that he saw was because the neighborhood had a rash of break-ins," he said. "George had no intention of taking anyone's life. He cried for days after."

Oliver said the headlines have taken a toll on Zimmerman, his wife, and his family.

"He's moved, they've disconnected their phone numbers, they're in hiding, they're fearful," Oliver said.

The Zimmerman family friend also denied that a word the watchman is heard blurting out on one of the 911 tapes is the racial slur, "coon." Oliver said the word he hears Zimmerman saying is "goon."

"As far as, I mean as far as George being racist, I didn't take it as a racist term. I heard 'goon' and talking to my teenage daughter, apparently goon is a term of endearment in high school these days," he said.

"He wasn't talking to Trayvon when that comment was made. He was speaking a generality in that this suspicious person was someone who he – lumped in -- as always getting away -- goon, coon. I mean, the bottom line, he thought he needed to keep an eye on this individual for whatever reason," Oliver said.

Oliver said he believes the voice screaming for help on the 911 tape is Zimmerman's.

After talking with Zimmerman, Oliver says he's convinced that it came down to a final life-or-death moment: "At that point, either George or Trayvon was going to die."

FBD
03-26-2012, 02:12 PM
that's more like what I've heard - dude that has chased away burglars before confronts suspicious person, who attacks him. I think involuntary manslaughter should be the worst here.

Joebob034
03-26-2012, 03:25 PM
I like that there's this huge movement over this murder. There's been all sorts of demonstrations and outcry here in Detroit over this murder. Meanwhile, in the past month or so, we've had like 3 or 4 kids murdered in the city, one of them only 9 months old. Where's all the outcry and protests for these murders? Where was all this solidarity then?

FBD
03-26-2012, 03:39 PM
All of the race leaders needed to convene and declare official racism and race based everything, then everyone has permission to riot. So long as you're a racist, of course.

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/tmstory.jpg

Acid Trip
03-26-2012, 04:51 PM
New shirts for sale in Florida. Apparently Hispanics are now considered crackers.

http://i.imgur.com/ahXdy.jpg

RBP
03-26-2012, 04:53 PM
:doh:

Hal-9000
03-26-2012, 05:15 PM
So the shooter is half Hispanic/half black and shot some guy walking home from the store with a bag of candies?

How much aren't we hearing about the actual incident? Zimmerman claims to have been beaten...I sense more coming regarding the truth....

FBD
03-26-2012, 05:32 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/what_if_trayvon_had_been_white_and_the_shooter_bla ck.html

What would happen if a black man armed with a handgun confronted "suspicious persons" in his neighborhood? What would happen if the "suspicious persons" were unarmed white teens, one of them was shot dead, and the shooter claimed self-defense?

This is not an exercise in mere speculation. We know what would happen in such a case. There would be no white mobs in the street chanting "No justice, no peace!" There would be no whites holding a "million hoodie march" in New York City. There would be no white equivalent of Al Sharpton, the professional race-baiter behind the 1987 Tawana Brawley hoax, leading marches in the streets of the shooter's hometown. There would be no Federal civil rights investigation by the Justice Department. There would be no comments from a president who seems congenitally unable to keep his mouth shut on matters involving left-wing political correctness. And there would be no national media attention from biased, left-wing "reporters."

We know this because in fact, such an event occurred in 2009 in Greece, N.Y., a suburb of Rochester. Roderick Scott, a black man, shot and killed an unarmed white teen, Christopher Cervini, whom he believed was burglarizing a neighbor's car, with a licensed .40 cal. handgun.

There are many similarities between the Scott-Cervini case and the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin case in Florida. In both cases, there had been a spate of criminal activity in the neighborhood. In both cases, the shooters called 911 to report suspicious activity, yet chose to confront the unarmed suspects outside their residence and off their own property prior to the arrival of the police. In both cases, the shooters claimed that they felt threatened, and fired in self-defense. In both cases, local law enforcement applied relevant state law.

Unlike Florida, New York does not have a "stand your ground" law. New York law allows a person to use deadly force to defend his residence from home invasion only as a last resort. It does not allow the use of deadly force to prevent a property crime, and requires retreat if possible. Thus, while Zimmerman was not arrested under Florida law, Scott was tried for manslaughter.

New York law does allow a person to use deadly force anywhere, including off his own property, if he feels that his life is in imminent danger and retreat is not possible. Despite the fact that he left his own property, confronted, and shot dead an unarmed white person thought to be committing a petty property crime, Scott was acquitted by a majority-white jury after claiming that the Cervini charged at him, putting him in imminent fear of his life.

Despite the racial difference between the shooter and the decedent, there were no allegations of racial bias. Scott was not charged with a hate crime. There was no Federal civil rights investigation. There were no white protests. The case was settled for what it was: a tragedy caused by a series of poor decisions on behalf of the shooter, and a split-second decision that will forever be second-guessed.

In all probability, the actions of Zimmerman in Florida were also based on a series of poor decisions: the decision to follow a suspect after a police dispatcher told him not to, the decision to confront a suspect with a firearm off his own property, and a split-second decision to shoot an unarmed person when Zimmerman felt his life was in imminent danger, resulting in tragedy. But a tragedy is not necessarily a Federal civil rights case - unless the mobs in the streets and their allies in the media and government want to make it one.

The truth of the matter is that "civil rights" cases are often little more than reverse lynch mobs. In the Old South of the past, white mobs would drag black suspects out of jail and lynch them in the streets if they felt the wheels of justice were turning too slowly. Today, black mobs, often led by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, lead street protests or riots, and the Federal government comes after white suspects with the "rope" of "civil rights" charges. And just like the old Southern sheriffs with ties to the Klan who turned a blind eye to the illegal actions of whites, the Department of Justice often refuses to act on "civil rights" violations when the perpetrators are black and the victims are white. In the eyes of the Federal government and the political Left, all whites are forever suspected of being gap-toothed Klansmen with shotguns and nooses in their pickup trucks, and all blacks are perpetually innocent, doe-eyed victims of white oppression.

This dynamic was made perfectly clear twenty years ago by the Los Angeles riots. Rodney King, a convicted felon, allegedly intoxicated, led police on a high-speed car chase and resisted arrest when he was finally cornered. Most people agree that the cops gave Rodney a few more licks than department procedures called for. But given King's background and the extenuating circumstances, the cops were acquitted of assault charges under state law. The black population of L.A. erupted in riots that killed 53 people, ignited thousands of arsons, and saw widespread looting. Korean merchants were racially targeted for arson, and resorted to defending their property with arms. Reginald Denny, a hapless white truck driver who inadvertently drove into the riots, was pulled from his vehicle by black rioters who smashed his skull in 91 places with a brick (inflicting far worse injuries than the cops had inflicted on King) and danced a jig over his prone body.

Long before Eric Holder became Attorney General, refused to prosecute black voter intimidation, and referred to blacks as "my people," the Department of Justice caved in to the pressure of the rioters by charging and convicting the L.A. cops with "civil rights" violations and sending them to Federal prison. But no such Federal charges were levied against the blacks who targeted the Koreans and attacked Reginald Denny.

Two years later, O.J. Simpson, a black defendant with a history of domestic violence, was accused of slashing the throats of two white people. But no "civil rights" or "hate crimes" charges were filed against him. No white protests erupted against Simpson or against the black community. Simpson, a black millionaire who had a career in sports, money, and fame that most white people can only dream about, was portrayed as a "victim" of the "racist" police. Blacks from coast to coast whooped and danced with joy when he was acquitted of double murder.

Certainly it's true that in the past, blacks have been victims of whites. But today the reality is quite different from what the street mobs, the government, the media and the P.C. crowd would have us believe. Far from being victims of white oppression, blacks today are disproportionately perpetrators of violent crimes against whites and against other blacks. According to data from the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in 2009, "whites" -- a category that includes Hispanics -- were known to be responsible for 5,286 murders. Blacks, a mere 13% of the population, were known to be responsible for 5,980 murders. In 2005, the New Century Foundation's "Color of Crime" report found that "Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black" (emphasis mine). Also in 2005, the Department of Justice reported that one-third of rapes committed against white women (approximately 37,000) were perpetrated by blacks, while less than ten -- statistically zero -- rapes of black women were committed by whites.

Whatever happened in the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin case, one thing is perfectly clear: it's high time this country quit the racial dog-and-pony show, and judged each criminal case on its individual merits instead of allowing the race-baiting demagogues to leverage each incident for political advantage in the streets and in the media.

FBD
03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
nah, he wasnt dealing :lol:

http://patdollard.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/OXAjN-500x219.png

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2012, 06:34 PM
If indeed he was attacked, and he can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, then he's off the hook. The law in Florida is clear (same as in GA).

I bet there'll be riots.

Hal-9000
03-26-2012, 07:04 PM
nah, he wasnt dealing :lol:

http://patdollard.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/OXAjN-500x219.png

:rofl:

Mackenzie's comment is classic :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2012, 07:05 PM
If indeed he was attacked, and he can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, then he's off the hook. The law in Florida is clear (same as in GA).

I bet there'll be riots.

The kid was half Zimmerman's size and Zimmerman was armed...in any normal universe, I find it hard to believe that Zimmerman got his ass beat enough by a punk kid that he felt threatened for his life :wha:

Hal-9000
03-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Is this another Bernard Goetz case?

Perhaps Zimmerman had been in some past skirmishes with blacks and he overreacted with Martin's actions, whatever they were ?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm glad to see his parents trying to cash in

MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late son’s name, records show.

Sabrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In both instances, Fulton is seeking the trademarks for use on “Digital materials, namely, CDs and DVDs featuring Trayvon Martin,” and other products.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/trayvon-martin-trademarks-769123

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2012, 07:14 PM
The kid was half Zimmerman's size and Zimmerman was armed...in any normal universe, I find it hard to believe that Zimmerman got his ass beat enough by a punk kid that he felt threatened for his life :wha:

:nono:

Size means absolutely nothing. And all of that doesn't matter if he can prove his assertions. It's not about what really happened, it's not about what you believe, it's about what you can prove.

Muddy
03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm glad to see his parents trying to cash in

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/trayvon-martin-trademarks-769123

:wank: :afro: :lwank:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-26-2012, 07:16 PM
my fro :mad:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
:nono:

Size means absolutely nothing. And all of that doesn't matter if he can prove his assertions. It's not about what really happened, it's not about what you believe, it's about what you can prove.

Prove how? :-s

There were no witnesses....and from everything I have seen and read and heard (including the 9-1-1 call), Zimmerman was out looking for a fight.

But since it was a black kid, if all he was doing was actually defending himself from that moron out looking to kill somebody and that's how Zimmerman suffered the alleged injuries that night, then he (the kid) should have just taken the beatdown instead.

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm not saying what happened or what's right. If you haven't learned how things really work in the justice system by now, then I'm sorry, I can't help you. It's not about what really happened, it's about what you can prove in court. Just because you can prove you're not guilty, that doesn't mean you're not actually guilty. How many people have we seen that look like secure locks for the gas chamber get off? If Zimmerman's lawyer can prove it's self-defense, as far-fetched as it may seem, then he's gonna get off.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2012, 07:24 PM
...then he's gonna get off.

Put me on the jury ;)

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Put me on the jury ;)

:hand:

You're a middle-aged white male with an axe to grind. You won't be sympathetic to Mr. Zimmerman's plight. Next.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2012, 07:32 PM

You're a middle-aged white male with an axe to grind. You won't be sympathetic to Mr. Zimmerman's plight. Next.

I have no axe to grind :nono:

I want justice done...and during jury selection, nobody would ever know which way I was leaning ;)

Muddy
03-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Does anyone have a current picture of Trayvon?

Muddy
03-26-2012, 07:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m5Gou.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HsHsk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4iffU.png

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I have no axe to grind :nono:

I want justice done...and during jury selection, nobody would ever know which way I was leaning ;)

You're no poker player. They'll know. They always know.

Muddy
03-26-2012, 07:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BCjJD.jpg

Hugh_Janus
03-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Does anyone have a current picture of Trayvon?

http://i.imgur.com/m5Gou.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HsHsk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4iffU.png

no.... :lol:

Hugh_Janus
03-26-2012, 08:12 PM
well fuck....

FBD
03-26-2012, 08:13 PM
6'2, and looks like...190lb?

Muddy
03-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Is he 6' 2" ?

FBD
03-26-2012, 08:30 PM
That's what I read. Sure he was "only 17" (sev,en,teeen! :lol: ) but most mofos that are going to be bigguns are usually 90-95% as tall as they're going to get by the time 17's all said and done.

Muddy
03-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Boy the media really has misrepresented this guy with the picture... They have pulled on the heart strings of everyone in America.. This is starting to look like a shake down...

Muddy
03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sTwSq.jpg

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2012, 08:57 PM
(sev,en,teeen! :lol: )

:huh:

You did NOT just reference that pussy gayboy hair band!

Muddy
03-26-2012, 08:59 PM
:huh:

You did NOT just reference that pussy gayboy hair band!

Get out of here with your ol' Winger t-shirt..

Pony
03-27-2012, 10:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sTwSq.jpg

damn you beat me to it.

http://i.imgur.com/7taxM.jpg

Acid Trip
03-27-2012, 01:33 PM
While in life Trayvon Martin was barely 17, when it comes to justifiable homicide his size -- about 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds -- makes him an adult in death.

Zimmerman, 28, is 5-foot-9 and weighs well over 200 pounds.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2012, 02:50 PM
The more about this kid that comes out, the less "innocent" he sounds.

Joebob034
03-27-2012, 02:52 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/trayvon-martin-shooting-details-emerge-facebook-twitter-accounts-180103647.html

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2012, 02:56 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/trayvon-martin-shooting-details-emerge-facebook-twitter-accounts-180103647.html

thats the same story I was just reading

Joebob034
03-27-2012, 02:57 PM
yeah more is coming out about this 'kid' everyday

Muddy
03-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I wonder why the police didnt release the full details of the transcript in the first place? They are mostly responsible for this media driven frenzy that's happening right now.. Dumb fuckers.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Im sure the parents had a lot to do with it, they were talking to the media, releasing unrealistic photos and trademarking his name for personal gain.

Arkady Renko
03-27-2012, 03:09 PM
New shirts for sale in Florida. Apparently Hispanics are now considered crackers.

http://i.imgur.com/ahXdy.jpg

they're called craqueros now

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2012, 03:10 PM
yeah, I was wondering how a mexican dude got roped in with all us crackers anyway

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2012, 03:13 PM
yeah, I was wondering how a mexican dude got roped in with all us crackers anyway

The New York Times describes Zimmerman as a "white hispanic"

:|

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2012, 03:16 PM
really, did they look at the picture?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2012, 03:20 PM
The only way to get good outrage is if the shooter is whitey

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
ding ding ding

Muddy
03-27-2012, 04:09 PM
The only way to get good outrage is if the shooter is whitey

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2012, 04:14 PM
ding ding ding

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!!

Don't misunderstand me, I still think this Zimmerman dude is guilty of something based on the 9-1-1 call I heard him make, but the media is definitely trying to make this a whitey vs black issue.

Did you see the video yesterday of Al Sharpton doing his rant? :roll:

Muddy
03-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Don't misunderstand me, I still think this Zimmerman dude is guilty of something based on the 9-1-1 call I heard him make, but the media is definitely trying to make this a whitey vs black issue.

Did you see the video yesterday of Al Sharpton doing his rant? :roll:

Im not convinced Zimmerman is guilty of anything after reading the full transcript of what occurred.. I do however think, if you kill a man you need to have a judge bless the deal.. The police shouldn't be playing judge and jury... Too much room for abuse there...

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
unless the guy was ACTUALLY white :twisted:

Muddy
03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
:vuvu:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2012, 04:20 PM
:vuvu:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2012, 04:23 PM
By the CNN Wire Staff

Sanford, Florida (CNN) -- As the prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case works to sort out the facts in Florida, much of the attention shifts Tuesday to Washington.

Martin's parents and family attorney are expected to attend a forum on racial profiling, hate crimes and "stand your ground" deadly force laws, sponsored by Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee.

A home school association for high school students also planned a march and protest at the White House calling on President Barack Obama to demand a full-scale civil rights investigation into the incident.

Martin died February 26 when neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot him after calling police to report him as a suspicious person.

The shooting has generated outrage across the country, with 18 rallies Monday alone.

On Tuesday, some members of Congress took to the House floor to speak about the case ahead of the afternoon forum.

"Trayvon Martin is one of the two people who at least deserve a fair trial," Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, said. "He deserves a fair hearing on what happened that day. He cannot speak for himself but there is evidence that speaks volumes about what happened on this occasion."

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, called the case tragic, but declined to comment beyond that.

"It's being investigated by state and federal officials, which I think is appropriate, and I think I'll leave it at that," he said.

Tensions continue to simmer over the case, with a new flare-up in New Orleans, where the NAACP asked the organization's national leaders to come to help defuse anger over the comments of a New Orleans police officer.

"Act like a Thug Die like one!" Officer Jason Giroir wrote on the website of CNN affiliate WWL-TV under a news report on the case.

Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas suspended Giroir without pay Monday.

"To say that I'm angry is an understatement. I'm furious," Serpas said.

Meanwhile, the special prosecutor in the case continued to sort out the facts of the February 26 incident.

Zimmerman has said he killed Martin in self-defense after the 17-year-old attacked him. Martin's family and supporters said they believe race played a role in the shooting. Zimmerman was questioned, but has not been charged, because police said they did not have evidence to contradict his account.

Martin, who was unarmed, was African-American. Zimmerman is a white Hispanic. His family has said he has been wrongly portrayed as a racist.

In a recording of his call to police, some people hear what sounds like a possible racial slur. CNN enhanced the sound of the 911 call and several members of CNN's editorial staff repeatedly reviewed the tape, but could reach no consensus on whether Zimmerman used a slur.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey said Tuesday that two top homicide investigators from her office worked through the weekend on the case. She investigators would be looking into the allegations that Zimmerman might have uttered a racial slur, as well as the possibility that Zimmerman's gun might have gone off accidentally, which she said investigators do in all shooting probes.

On Monday, more questions arose in the already murky case, with Sanford police confirming the details of an Orlando Sentinel report, which cited unnamed authorities saying Zimmerman told them Martin punched him in the nose after the two exchanged words.

Police said Monday the Sentinel account is "consistent with the information provided to the State Attorney's office by the police department." The newspaper reported that Zimmerman said Martin then repeatedly punched him and slammed his head into the sidewalk.

Previously released tapes of 911 calls included neighbors saying they had heard screams -- though it wasn't clear whether they came from Zimmerman or Martin.

Two women who live nearby have said they heard "a whining, someone in distress, and then the gunshot."

Mary Cutcher and her roommate, Selma Mora Lamilla, told CNN Monday that they ran outside. "Within seconds," they were about 10 feet away from Martin's body, Lamilla said.

"(Zimmerman) was standing over the body, basically straddling the body with his hand on Trayvon's back," said Cutcher, adding that they called three times to him before he finally asked them to call police. "It didn't seem to me that he was trying to help him in any way."

When police arrived, Zimmerman's "back appeared to be wet and was covered in grass (and he) was also bleeding, from the nose and back of his head," according to a police report.

Police have not released Cutcher's official police statement, but have said her statements to them were consistent with Zimmerman's account.

Neighbors describe watch leader

Police have said they did not charge Zimmerman because they did not have evidence that differed from Zimmerman's version of the events. Florida's "stand your ground" deadly force law prohibited them from making an arrest, police said.

Shooting renews debate over 'stand your ground' laws

The law allows the use of deadly force anywhere a person feels a reasonable fear of death or serious injury, and has been cited in a rising number of justifiable homicide cases in Florida.

Zimmerman's lawyer has said he believes the law applies to the case.

On Tuesday, Zimmerman's friend, former CNN anchor Joe Oliver, said Zimmerman had given him the same account as the one that appeared in the Orlando Sentinel, as well as additional details about what happened between the time the two came face to face and the time the gun went off.

Oliver, who now works at WESH-TV in Orlando, said he could not discuss the details Tuesday, but said Zimmerman was sorry for what had happened.

"The George Zimmerman I know is not here anymore, because he knows that he took someone else's life, and he's extremely remorseful," Oliver said Tuesday on CNN's "Starting Point."

Oliver said race played no role in the incident.

"I understand completely the fear and anger that's out there over this case. If I didn't know George Zimmerman I'd be right out there, too," he said.

"But I do know George and I do know that portrayal that young black men have had. I've experienced that growing up. I get that," said Oliver, who is African-American. "I understand that, but in this one spark incident, that wasn't the case. Race had nothing to do with it."

The Martin family and its supporters, however, have laid the blame squarely on Zimmerman, saying he racially profiled and shot an unarmed teen, wearing a hoodie, who was just walking back from the convenience store. They have called for changes in Florida's law and other such laws, which gun control advocates frequently refer to as "shoot first" laws.

Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said 911 tapes, phone records and testimony from the teen's girlfriend -- who was on the phone with him just before the shooting -- show Zimmerman is to blame.

"Those facts are uncontroverted. Mr. Zimmerman and his friends can say whatever they want to say."

Crump also said authorities were trying to "demonize" Martin with news accounts that surfaced Monday, saying Martin had been suspended from school in Miami for 10 days after a search of his book bag turned up an empty plastic bag with marijuana residue.

"Whatever Trayvon Martin was suspended for had absolutely no bearing on what happened on the night of February 26," he said.
Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, said, "The only comment that I have right now is that they've killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation."

Zimmerman, who has not spoken publicly about the case, is in hiding, afraid for his safety, Oliver said.

"He hasn't been back to his apartment, which is in that complex, ever since that happened, and he's being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder, for depression, for insomnia," Oliver said. "He cried for days after this happened."

Acid Trip
03-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Martin's parents and family attorney are expected to attend a forum on racial profiling, hate crimes and "stand your ground" deadly force laws, sponsored by Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee.

:ffs:

FBD
03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
what are they going to get told what it really is and here's how your actions classify as abuses of such? :roll:

Leefro
03-27-2012, 05:11 PM
While in life Trayvon Martin was barely 17, when it comes to justifiable homicide his size -- about 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds -- makes him an adult in death.

Zimmerman, 28, is 5-foot-9 and weighs well over 200 pounds.

Maybe he should of just eaten him with a side of Chilli dip

Richard Cranium
03-27-2012, 05:14 PM
"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Brace yourselves.. watch the other hand because this is getting blown out of proportion for a reason.

Pony
03-27-2012, 07:51 PM
"Whatever Trayvon Martin was suspended for had absolutely no bearing on what happened on the night of February 26," he said.
Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, said, "The only comment that I have right now is that they've killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation."

Who is they? Whitey?

Muddy
03-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Who is they? Whitey?

The "Pussy Ass Crackers"..

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2012, 07:57 PM
The "Pussy Ass Crackers"..

http://i.imgur.com/Q23hA.jpg

Muddy
03-27-2012, 07:58 PM
I figured it was the stuntaz all along... :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2012, 09:18 PM
they handle our neighborhood watch as well

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2012, 09:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/F3vM6l.jpg

FBD
03-28-2012, 07:12 PM
They needed something to take away from the SC stuff apparently, what better way than unbridled racism

Acid Trip
03-28-2012, 07:47 PM
They needed something to take away from the SC stuff apparently, what better way than unbridled racism

This next snippet will make you really mad. Democrats are claiming that Republicans are politicizing Trayvon's death. That's right, Republicans.

Words spoken by Stephanie Cutter, Obama's Deputy Campaign Manager:

"His Republican opponents have jumped all over him because they do want to play politics with this issue. The President spoke from his heart on this, it was trying to emphasize with some parents who had just lost a child. By any measure, this was a tragedy and we need to let the investigation take its course," Stephanie Cutter, Obama's Deputy Campaign Manager, said on MSNBC today.

"People have to stop politicizing it," she added. "It's no surprise that some of our Republican opponents are trying to make an issue with this. But the President spoke from the heart and we need to let the investigation take its course."

Hal-9000
03-28-2012, 07:51 PM
There is no color in politics..

:doh:

:coat:

Pony
03-28-2012, 09:17 PM
We had a local city councilman put a stunt by showing up at a meeting wearing a hoody, nothing like jumping on the bandwagon...

Pretty funny he did it to "support Trayvons family" when there are young black kids being shot and killed at a rate of a handful a month in his district. Didn't say a word about that.

FBD
03-28-2012, 10:49 PM
This next snippet will make you really mad. Democrats are claiming that Republicans are politicizing Trayvon's death. That's right, Republicans.

Words spoken by Stephanie Cutter, Obama's Deputy Campaign Manager:

"His Republican opponents have jumped all over him because they do want to play politics with this issue. The President spoke from his heart on this, it was trying to emphasize with some parents who had just lost a child. By any measure, this was a tragedy and we need to let the investigation take its course," Stephanie Cutter, Obama's Deputy Campaign Manager, said on MSNBC today.

"People have to stop politicizing it," she added. "It's no surprise that some of our Republican opponents are trying to make an issue with this. But the President spoke from the heart and we need to let the investigation take its course."

:lol: what a maroon...that's why they dont let him speak without a teleprompter, he says some pretty dumbass shit.

deebakes
03-29-2012, 01:12 AM
george zimmerman doesn't sound latino to me :shrug:

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 03:14 AM
To me it doesn't matter who's black or who's not...I realize that's the main issue to the rest of the world.

A neighborhood watch guy gunned down a youth.What I want to know is - Was the watch guy in jeopardy and being bullied by a gang youth, or did he have some personal grudge and acted on it using a weapon?

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 03:17 AM
or did George owe Trayvon 700 bucks for a quarter pound of weed and decided to cancel the debt?

perrhaps
03-29-2012, 09:36 AM
or did George owe Trayvon 700 bucks for a quarter pound of weed and decided to cancel the debt?

I'm thinking the Reverend Al paid Zimmerman to do it.

FBD
03-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Martin swung at a bus driver in the days(weeks?) before the incident...I dunno, I'm having a very hard time believing this kid was innocent in the least.

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 08:45 PM
That's what I'm sensing....both men did something, to what degree is the question I guess..

Loser
03-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Well now that this thread has calmed down a little, I'm going to tell you all what any judge will say.

Zimmerman is guilty. Flat out. He went against a police dispatchers orders and pursued someone that was not breaking the law. What happened after is, by proxy, his fault. He instigated the entire situation.

For those that don't see this simple logic, I'll put it this way.

If I climb my dumb ass into a lions den to have a word with him, and then get eaten by said lion, is the lion at fault?

I know it's a bad analogy, but it's the best I could turn up. :lol:

Muddy
03-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Well now that this thread has calmed down a little, I'm going to tell you all what any judge will say.

Zimmerman is guilty. Flat out. He went against a police dispatchers orders and pursued someone that was not breaking the law. What happened after is, by proxy, his fault. He instigated the entire situation.

If I climb my dumb ass into a lions den to have a word with him, and then get eaten by said lion, is the lion at fault?

Yeah except trayvon assaulted him..

deebakes
03-29-2012, 10:40 PM

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 11:00 PM

That's the question...was Zimmerman put in a position where he had to use a gun to defend himself?

DemonGeminiX
03-29-2012, 11:03 PM

911 is not law enforcement. They're just people who determine if emergency help is needed and report the location and nature of assistance needed to the police and EMTs. They're there to collect a paycheck, nothing more. Anyone can get a job with 911 processing centers with little training. They can advise you, but you don't have to do what they say.

Just because he followed someone, that doesn't give that someone a right to assault him. All the kid had to do was keep walking and go home. What did he do? He attacked the guy. The guy had every right to defend himself. He's innocent.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2012, 11:05 PM
All the kid had to do was keep walking and go home.

And all Zimmerman had to do was heed the advice of the 9-1-1 operator and wait for police ;)

http://i.imgur.com/QEtZa.jpg

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Thinking...if some guy started following me at night...and I was definitely getting that creepy vibe...chances are I'd let him know I didn't like it :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Thinking...if some guy started following me at night...and I was definitely getting that creepy vibe...chances are I'd let him know I didn't like it :-k

This ^^

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 11:10 PM
I've decided that the term Caucasian offends me greatly. You will now refer to me as a North American Canadian or NARC for short :tup:

DemonGeminiX
03-29-2012, 11:12 PM

Go home and call 911.

Richard Cranium
03-29-2012, 11:12 PM
I prefer to be called a cracker

RBP
03-29-2012, 11:13 PM
I've decided that the term Caucasian offends me greatly. You will now refer to me as a North American Canadian or NARC for short :tup:

from the Canadian Upper NorthAmerican Territory, or CUNT for short.

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 11:15 PM
ooooh :lol:

that hurt

KevinD
03-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I didn't see it any where in here, but on the subject of the OP, how is it not illegal for the New Black Panthers to post a bounty? I thought "citizens" couldn't do such?

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Go home and call 911.

What if I wasn't close to home and he was gaining on me?? :shock:

dude...I've seen enough creepy guys in my nighttime travels.Everything from guys asking me for money outside convenience stores at 2am, to guys coming right up to my car window.I get loud and I get in their space when I feel threatened, I can't help it :lol:

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 11:20 PM
I didn't see it any where in here, but on the subject of the OP, how is it not illegal for the New Black Panthers to post a bounty? I thought "citizens" couldn't do such?

Oh sure....discuss thread content [-(

suckup :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-29-2012, 11:22 PM
What if I wasn't close to home and he was gaining on me?? :shock:

dude...I've seen enough creepy guys in my nighttime travels.Everything from guys asking me for money outside convenience stores at 2am, to guys coming right up to my car window.I get loud and I get in their space when I feel threatened, I can't help it :lol:

But have you ever flat out attacked someone?

RBP
03-29-2012, 11:25 PM

As far as I can tell it's both a Florida state and a Federal felony. But this justice department won't be pursuing the Black Panthers....

Loser
03-29-2012, 11:28 PM

Read below.

911 is not law enforcement. They're just people who determine if emergency help is needed and report the location and nature of assistance needed to the police and EMTs. They're there to collect a paycheck, nothing more. Anyone can get a job with 911 processing centers with little training. They can advise you, but you don't have to do what they say.

Just because he followed someone, that doesn't give that someone a right to assault him. All the kid had to do was keep walking and go home. What did he do? He attacked the guy. The guy had every right to defend himself. He's innocent.

This is all up for debate.

The fact of the matter is, zimmerman instigated the entire scenario. None of this would of happened if he had stopped following him.

He followed him, against a dispatchers "opinion", and he shot the other idiot. These are, as of this point, the only known facts of this entire scenario. Both of which put blame on zimmerman. Any impartial judge will find zimmerman guilty, flat out.

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 11:31 PM
But have you ever flat out attacked someone?

yes...I was going for a job interview in a full suit downtown.Guy walked up to me making wretching noises and then he hawked up a vile pile, right onto my shoe as he moved past me.I screamed - You're going to clean that off you fucking pig!!!! And he laughed and started to swear.I grabbed him, faced him and screamed - DEFEND YOURSELF! and punched him several times.He ended up using his sleeve to clean off my dress shoe.

yes...walked into a party and watched a guy closed fist punch a girl in the face. He glared at me and said something nasty and I punched him several times ...

yes...3 years ago I heard a girl screaming and crying in the park behind my house.Went out and a guy was hitting a girl who was sitting on the bench and turtling from the blows. I went out, told him to stop and go home...he swung
and I punched him several times...

yes...I lived in Banff and two French Canadian guys beat my roommate up and took his leather jacket, money etc. I found out where they lived, confronted both in their living room (with other people) and they all laughed and told me I was going to get killed if I didn't shut my mouth and leave.I punched a guy named Guy (gee) several times, who was the largest and greasiest of the bunch.No one stepped in because Guy was crying something in French after I broke his nose...

yes.....there's more :lol:

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 11:37 PM
yes...came out of Shopper's Drugmart at 4:30pm one afternoon and there was a young kid leaning on my driver's side door.I walked directly up to him, told him to go...now. He glanced over his shoulder for one second and then I felt someone hitting or kicking the back of my legs. I immediately put the kid on my door against the car and turned around and kicked the shit out of his buddy.I punched the first guy until he didn't move.

The cops came..I was in their car for over two hours to possibly get charged and then someone from a mall store that witnessed the incident came forward and said I was attacked, not the other way around. Then I found out one of the guys trying to steal my stuff or money or whatever they were trying to do, had assaulted women at ATM's and taken their purses.

DemonGeminiX
03-29-2012, 11:41 PM
DEFEND YOURSELF!!!

:x

:lol:

Kind of apples and oranges, but still entertaining. Thank you.

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 11:54 PM
my old friends still laugh about the defend yourself thing and yell it loudly after some beers...:lol:

I consider those as times when I attacked...I didn't stalk anybody except the French guys and that was pure malice and bad intentions.I was younger and full well knew I could get hurt badly doing that.

I played league hockey and there was this POS on the other team hacking our guys and carrying his stick high in scuffles...I had a helmet with a nose guard, not a cage and he shoved his stick right up in between the guard and my face. I threw my helmet off, skated over to him as he was backing away quickly and threw both gloves right at him.He turned from me heading back to his bench, I grabbed his jersey with one hand and punched him until his coach came on the ice and made me stop :lol:

I may have attacked him a little..

Pony
03-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Read below.

This is all up for debate.

The fact of the matter is, zimmerman instigated the entire scenario. None of this would of happened if he had stopped following him.

He followed him, against a dispatchers "opinion", and he shot the other idiot. These are, as of this point, the only known facts of this entire scenario. Both of which put blame on zimmerman. Any impartial judge will find zimmerman guilty, flat out.

Following someone is not a crime in itself. Granted if he wouldn't have this wouldn't have happened but it was his "job" to keep an eye out for anything possibly suspicious. If the kid turned around and confronted him, punched him in the face, put him on the ground and was slamming his head in the concrete it's clearly self defense. From the alleged leaked police report, that's what Zimmerman said happened and the police did confirm the back of his shirt was wet from the grass and he had injuries to his face and back of his head.

I'm not saying guilty or innocent here, I honestly don't know. But it does sound like you've convicted the guy already without having much in the way of facts. Jumping the gun before the facts are in is exactly what's wrong with this whole situation and shame on the media for encouraging it. I've a bad feeling we are going to see more deaths because of the outrage surrounding this and wouldn't be surprised at "race" riots if the guy is caught,tried and found innocent.

Loser
03-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Following someone is not a crime in itself. Granted if he wouldn't have this wouldn't have happened but it was his "job" to keep an eye out for anything possibly suspicious. If the kid turned around and confronted him, punched him in the face, put him on the ground and was slamming his head in the concrete it's clearly self defense. From the alleged leaked police report, that's what Zimmerman said happened and the police did confirm the back of his shirt was wet from the grass and he had injuries to his face and back of his head.

The whole purpose of crime watch is to report any suspicious activity to the police, to let them handle it. It was not his job nor his duty to follow anyone, especially potential criminals.

Who started the fight is unclear, and in the mind of any judge worth his weight, inconsequential.

The facts are clear as day. He followed him after he contacted police dispatch and was told to break off contact. That in and of itself proves negligence, and potential to incite confrontation. After which someone wound up dead.

Hal-9000
03-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Muddy makes the point...put a publicity ban on information, go to trial and let the court discover the events

Loser
03-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Muddy makes the point...put a publicity ban on information, go to trial and let the court discover the events

That's how all murder trials should go down, but this country loves is drama. ;)

Hal-9000
03-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Everyone knows it's a racial powderkeg...and watching from next door it seems like parts of your country enjoy the horror show and they feed and thrive off it :lol:

sorry...don't know how else to put it

DemonGeminiX
03-30-2012, 02:15 AM
The whole purpose of crime watch is to report any suspicious activity to the police, to let them handle it. It was not his job nor his duty to follow anyone, especially potential criminals.

Who started the fight is unclear, and in the mind of any judge worth his weight, inconsequential.

The facts are clear as day. He followed him after he contacted police dispatch and was told to break off contact. That in and of itself proves negligence, and potential to incite confrontation. After which someone wound up dead.

Point number one is irrelevant: No crime was committed in him following the boy.

Point number 2 is wrong: Who started the fight is very consequential in Florida and Georgia law. If I punch someone in the face and they start pounding on me and kicking my ass in retaliation, and then I kill them, then I can't claim self-defense. I started the fight. I'm going to jail for murder. If someone just walks up and starts beating the shit out of me for no god damn good reason at all, or hell, if I'm exercising my first amendment right of free speech and I'm talking shit all over the place and he starts beating the shit out of me because he doesn't like what I'm saying, then I have the right to defend myself with lethal force if necessary. That is the law.

Point number 3 is wrong: You're not listening to me. It doesn't matter what 911 says, THEY ARE NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT. You can completely ignore their advice, there is no law saying that you have to obey them. If an actual POLICE OFFICER is telling you to back off, then back off. A 911 OPERATOR IS NOT A POLICE OFFICER. THEY HAVE NO AUTHORITY.

And him continuing to follow doesn't prove negligence. Negligent homicide is seeing a man drowning and not jumping in the lake to try to save him. Just standing around and watching. That's negligence. Not acting when you know there's a definitive possibility that preventable major injury or death will occur.

Potential to incite confrontation? There's no such crime. If it was, arguments in general would be illegal and that idea's absolutely ridiculous.

Muddy
03-30-2012, 08:13 AM

I wondered the same...

FBD
03-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Of course a 911 operator is going to advise you not to follow the guy, their primary concern is safety. Fuck that, if there's a spate of burglaries and I'm helping watch out for more fucks that go break into people's places and I see some strange dude in such a circumstance. And if that mofo attacks, what the hell? Who's the one with the problem, who's the one creating a new problem?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Of course a 911 operator is going to advise you not to follow the guy, their primary concern is safety. Fuck that, if there's a spate of burglaries and I'm helping watch out for more fucks that go break into people's places and I see some strange dude in such a circumstance. And if that mofo attacks, what the hell? Who's the one with the problem, who's the one creating a new problem?

The one who's creating the problem is the dude who thinks he's Walker, Texas Ranger and takes it upon himself to be a cop, when in reality he isn't even a security guard, he's part of a neighborhood watch. Just because someone has delusions of grandeur about himself and thinks he's actually somehow important doesn't make him in the right. He was told to let the cops handle it, and whether or not you guys want to give any credence to what a 9-1-1 operator tells you, that's on you, but he was told not to pursue the guy, plain and simple. After he decided to ignore that advice, anything that happened is on him.

You guys want to live in a world where that shit is okay, build yourselves a time machine and head on back to the old American west, sounds like you'd fit right in there. You could have all the shootouts in the streets that you want :thumbsup:

FBD
03-30-2012, 09:51 AM
and so if he didnt and there was a burglary, that would have been perfectly fine, I'm sure the cops would have shown up just in the nick of time to see the burglar :roll:

and like my mom said "oh he shouldnt have been carrying" ok whatever, so what in the case of us reading about some dead hispanic with his head bashed in...oh wait, we wouldnt have heard that news story.

part of what got me about the whole thing was as soon as martin saw zimmerman had a gun during the scuffle, that's where the "oh, you gonna die tonight" comment came from. and at that point, fuck you kid, you just telegraphed your intent to kill me. you're done.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Please explain to me what part of "ZIMMERMAN ISN'T A COP" that is so hard for you to grasp? :roll: (see, I can use the eye roll smiley too)

He called to report someone suspicious....he wasn't in any physical danger at that point. He was told by the 9-1-1 operator to NOT engage the suspect. He was the moron that decided to ignore the advice of the operator AND to go out there armed. Everything he did after he was told not to engage the suspect is his fault, end of. He's the one that decided to go out and play Dirty Harry.

At the very least Zimmerman is guilty of involuntary manslaughter, at worst, 2nd degree murder.

FBD
03-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Yet, when the police looked at the evidence, they didnt charge him, they released him. So much for what you think should have been proper and necessary - not to mention within the bounds of the law! The 911 operator is irrelevant, their suggestions are not binding nor carry any legal weight. In fact, I'd put money on the table and say that any 911 operator who did recommend he go after him would promptly be dismissed from their job. Guilty of manslaughter at the very worst, scott free otherwise. If I were in his position I would have been armed also. You're not making a good case by stating over and over again that the neighborhood watch should simply have gone back home and not bothered looking into any suspicious activity.

Acid Trip
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM
How come this isn't a racial powder keg? A black guy killed two white guys in cold blood and not a peep from the media.

Parents of murdered British students criticize Barack Obama

http://i.imgur.com/ivQaj.jpg

His failure to respond to three letters sent to the White House was because there was no "political value" and not worthy of a few minutes of his time.

They spoke out as teenager Shawn Tyson began a life sentence after being found guilty of the murder of James Cooper and James Kouzaris last April.

The 17 year old, who shot the men as they begged for their lives, will die in prison.

His conviction of first degree murder carries an mandatory life sentence without the chance of parole.

The powerfully built teen even looked bored as emotional DVD presentations about the dead men prepared by their grieving parents were shown in court.

Tyson, who has the word 'Savage' tattooed across his chest didn't show a flicker of emotion, slumping in his seat as he was forced to watch a montage of photos showing the victims from early childhood to young men.

Two close friends of the dead men who had attended the eight day trial in Sarasota, Florida. had also delivered highly emotional impact statements to the court prior to the sentencing.

Paul Davies and Joe Hallett spoke of the "living hell" they and others who knew the men had suffered since the murders.

During the eight day trial they had been shown graphic crime scene and autopsy photos shown in court.

Later speaking after Tyson was jailed Davies and Hallett lashed out at Mr Obama saying the deaths of their friends was "not worthy of ten minutes of his time."

Davies said:"We would like to publicly express our dissatisfaction at the lack of any public or private message of support or condolence from any American governing body or indeed, President Obama himself.

"Mr Kouzaris has written to President Obama on three separate occasions and is yet to even receive the courtesy of a reply.

"It would perhaps appear that Mr Obama sees no political value in facilitating such a request or that the lives of two British tourists are not worthy of ten minutes of his time."

The rebuke follows Mr Obama's personal intervention into the shooting in Florida of a young black teenager by a white-Hispanic neighbourhood watch captain.

The death of 17 year old Trayvon Martin has sparked nationwide protests with his supporters claiming he was victim of a racist attack.

Mr Obama entered the controversy last week by saying if he had a son he would have looked like Martin.

The alleged assailant in Martin's death has not been charged with any crime having claimed he was attacked first and used Florida's 'stand your ground' law to shoot in self defence.

The criticism of the US President was made on behalf of the Cooper's parents Stanley and Sandy, from Warwicks, and Peter and Hazel Kouzaris, from Northampton by Davies in a statement read outside the courtroom.

The parents of the two victims did not attend the trial but they had access to the proceedings from a live video feed.

The filmed interview of the Kouzaris's was played to the court while a message from Sandy Cooper was read out by the prosecutor.

The victims close friends delivered an emotional impact statement with Hallett telling Tyson he hoped he would be haunted by his actions.

He told him: "Imagine them being killed. Now try to imagine that they died because someone creept up on them and shot them numerous times for no good reason. Welcome to our world. Every night you go to sleep, every morning you wake up, I want you to think of my friends who you murdered. Their images will be imprinted on your conscience up until your very last breath in life."

FBD
03-30-2012, 11:28 AM
"If I had a son, he might look like Shawn Tyson"
-Obama

:dance:

KevinD
03-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Simple, but sad. The victims were white and gay (iirc) and the killer is black. Since in this administration's own words: Blacks can't be racists against whites, there is no race card to play here. However, had the killer been white, at the very least, they would have pulled out the "hate crime" card since the vics were gay.

Again, I'm sorry Treyvon is dead, but I am incensed at the media and political spin involved with this shit. It has been there for years, no doubt, but it's blatant and unapologetic now.

Hal-9000
03-30-2012, 11:59 AM
If I had a son...he might look like Zimmerman

I mean wtf does Obama think he's doing? That doesn't help in the least....other than to get him more black votes

Pony
03-30-2012, 12:54 PM
We don't know that Zimmerman "engaged" the kid. From some of the kids history I think it"s likely the kid turned around and confronted Zimmerman. If the kid would have kept walking he'd still be alive and if when confronted he would have calmly explained where he was going he would still be alive. Instead his first reaction is to get aggressive and start swinging.

KevinD
03-30-2012, 01:05 PM
There's the rub, none of know what exactly went down that night. Everything is just speculation. Let the cops and prosecutors do their job, I say.

Still, though this happened late Feb, and apparently when it first happened, the parents found out by local news that their son was dead, I find the timing of all the furor to be very coincidental with the Supreme Courts review of Obama/Pelosi care.

Arkady Renko
03-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Damn I'm getting tired of these false double posts.

F-ing 2xposts!

just delete them?

RBP
03-30-2012, 01:49 PM
If I had a son...he might look like Zimmerman

I mean wtf does Obama think he's doing? That doesn't help in the least....other than to get him more black votes

More? You mean the one black guy who accidentally pushed the wrong button?

Hal-9000
03-30-2012, 02:44 PM
seriously? I think that more than one black person in the states voted for him :)

*we were harboring a black guy up here and we sent his vote in by proxy*

FBD
03-30-2012, 07:02 PM
There's the rub, none of know what exactly went down that night. Everything is just speculation. Let the cops and prosecutors do their job, I say.

Still, though this happened late Feb, and apparently when it first happened, the parents found out by local news that their son was dead, I find the timing of all the furor to be very coincidental with the Supreme Courts review of Obama/Pelosi care.

the parents found out by the news??? which, his dad or his mom, I was under the impression they didnt live together, he was visiting his dad while under school suspension, that's why he was in the neighborhood. somebody had to be informed by the authorities, even if it was his dad then the obligation was fulfilled, they didnt need to tell his mom at that point.

and of course the liberal fuckwards scour the new for things to dredge up whenever Obama screws up or is about to be humiliated.

Iffy
03-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Please explain to me what part of "ZIMMERMAN ISN'T A COP" that is so hard for you to grasp? :roll: (see, I can use the eye roll smiley too)

He called to report someone suspicious....he wasn't in any physical danger at that point. He was told by the 9-1-1 operator to NOT engage the suspect. He was the moron that decided to ignore the advice of the operator AND to go out there armed. Everything he did after he was told not to engage the suspect is his fault, end of. He's the one that decided to go out and play Dirty Harry.

At the very least Zimmerman is guilty of involuntary manslaughter, at worst, 2nd degree murder.

Common sense or good judgement and the law are not the same thing. Often they contradict each other in today's world.

Following and engaging Trayvon was not a smart idea, however, it was within the boundaries of the law as long as there was no physical contact. Intimidation is somewhat fuzzier and would probably be a better arguing point though it is impossible to prove now.

Going back to a comment in a previous post..
Ultimately it wouldn't matter what a judge said as any trial would be conducted with a jury.

Richard Cranium
03-31-2012, 11:37 AM
"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Brace yourselves.. watch the other hand because this is getting blown out of proportion for a reason.

Fuck you Biden (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57407389/biden-trayvon-case-could-spur-gun-laws-debate/)

FBD
03-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Biden: Trayvon case could spur Fla. gun law debate

Fuck you, Biden. That's worth repeating. What, fast & furious not going as intended, now we need to look for other ways to get rid of the second amendment?