03-27-2012, 10:03 PM
http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/The+1100+horsepower+Shelby+1000/G3592

Muddy
03-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Take it to the BMW test track in Germany and see how it doesn't measure up! Lol

RBP
03-27-2012, 10:11 PM
$149,995 for the conversion. :shock:

I mean really, is the $5 going to sell anyone who has that kinda cash to spend on a car? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2012, 10:12 PM
$149,995 for the conversion. :shock:

I mean really, is the $5 going to sell anyone who has that kinda cash to spend on a car? :lol:

Shelby does badass work....if I had it, I'd get one in a heartbeat

Muddy
03-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Forget that.. I wouldn't give more than 40k for any Ford..

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM

http://i.imgur.com/PSwbR.jpg

:dance:

KevinD
03-27-2012, 10:23 PM
If I had the bones, I'd buy it. Hell, I've been lusting after the current V6 Shelby 'Stang for a bit now. I dunno if I'd really want 950 hp on the street though. That's trully a god awe-full amount.

KevinD
03-27-2012, 10:26 PM

I hate the idea of giving 40k for ANY vehicle. BUT, if you want a very nice car or truck, you're gonna pay very close to that if not more.

Muddy
03-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Don't get me wrong.. I like Ford... I just can't see paying a 150k adder for one..

RBP
03-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Don't get me wrong.. I like Ford... I just can't see paying a 150k adder for one..

149,995 :nono:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2012, 10:44 PM
149,995 :nono:

Plus tax :hand:

Shady
03-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Shelby can do things right. The question is did they mess with the handling at all because they should have. The live rear axle in the standard mustang and a few of the premium models is atrocious. Look its awesome that they made a super fast car with lots of horsepower but what does it matter if it can barely take a corner. And the only car ford makes that I'd sink a hundred grand or more into is a GT40 and thats a money pit for fuel.

Noilly Pratt
03-28-2012, 02:08 PM
If I had the bones, I'd buy it. Hell, I've been lusting after the current V6 Shelby 'Stang for a bit now. I dunno if I'd really want 950 hp on the street though. That's trully a god awe-full amount.

I do love the look of the new Mustang. In fact, I've started my Mustang fund...$600 thus far! I've no need for a Shelby - a simple V6 with 200+ HP is just fine for my purposes. I'll keep socking away the cash and buy a 2011 in about 4 years time.

Is Roush still making super-Mustangs? They did a nice one on the old body style - love to see what they've come up with lately.

I remember driving my friend's '69 GT350. What a nice car that was. Maroon with Gold stripes. He bought it for 6K, and sold it for 14K in 1980. Worth quite a bit more now... :D

KevinD
03-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Shelby can do things right. The question is did they mess with the handling at all because they should have. The live rear axle in the standard mustang and a few of the premium models is atrocious. Look its awesome that they made a super fast car with lots of horsepower but what does it matter if it can barely take a corner. And the only car ford makes that I'd sink a hundred grand or more into is a GT40 and thats a money pit for fuel.

I am by no means a Mustang fan boi, but I beg to differ on the live axle comment. Check track time of the new Camaro SS and the Mustang Boss 302 laguna Seca. Both have similar HP and TQ. The 'Stang has live axle, and the Maro has IRS. The B302 will smoke the SS in the twistys.

I do love the look of the new Mustang. In fact, I've started my Mustang fund...$600 thus far! I've no need for a Shelby - a simple V6 with 200+ HP is just fine for my purposes. I'll keep socking away the cash and buy a 2011 in about 4 years time.

Is Roush still making super-Mustangs? They did a nice one on the old body style - love to see what they've come up with lately.

I remember driving my friend's '69 GT350. What a nice car that was. Maroon with Gold stripes. He bought it for 6K, and sold it for 14K in 1980. Worth quite a bit more now... :D

I dunno what Roush is doing with the new 'stangs. I'm positive they are doing something, but I was never a fan or the Roush 'Stangs. Kinda like the SLP Camaros imho.

KevinD
03-29-2012, 12:01 AM

I am by no means a Mustang fan boi, but I beg to differ on the live axle comment. Check track time of the new Camaro SS and the Mustang Boss 302 laguna Seca. Both have similar HP and TQ. The 'Stang has live axle, and the Maro has IRS. The B302 will smoke the SS in the twistys.

I dunno what Roush is doing with the new 'stangs. I'm positive they are doing something, but I was never a fan or the Roush 'Stangs. Kinda like the SLP Camaros imho.

Shady
03-29-2012, 02:20 AM

True the 302 will smoke the SS but I dont think thats the right comparison. I actually think the GT to the SS are more closely related than the 302 to the SS. And the 302 has been "race refined". And most car reviewers would choose the 302 over the more powerful GT500.

I've never been a big muscle car guy myself. If you're gonna throw more power at something you better mix in some finesse too.

Hal-9000
03-29-2012, 02:50 AM
Nice ride but yeah I won't be ponying up that much coin to get from A to B..

That's what I hate about most consumer items.The 9.99 or 24.95...they should round those prices up, figure in each state and province's tax rate and make everything come out even.That car is $150,000 dollars sir, with tax in :)