PDA

View Full Version : "Red" rocker Sammy Hagar says abducted by aliens

Teh One Who Knocks
03-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Editing by Jill Serjeant

http://i.imgur.com/dmarp.jpg

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – No doubt Sammy Hagar, a former lead singer for Van Halen, has enjoyed a lot of far out experiences in life, but on Monday, the rocker told perhaps his farthest out tale to MTV. He was abducted by aliens.

Or, at least, his brain was.

In an interview for his new book, "Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock" at mtvhive.com, Hagar lets go of what even he admits might make him "sound like a crazy person" to some readers.

He and the reporter are talking about dreams he claims to have had about UFOs, and when asked whether he believed he had been abducted, Hagar answers: "I think I have."

The reporter seemed surprised. "What? Really? I was kidding. You seriously believe that?" he asks.

Hagar laughs and goes on to explain that a passage in the book described as a dream in which he is contacted by aliens from outer space in California was, in fact, reality.

The tale describes how the beings tapped into his mind through a wireless connection.

"It was real," Hagar told the reporter, according to the story on MTV's Hive website. "They were plugged into me. It was a download situation ... Or, they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment."

Hagar goes on to describe another experience at the age of four where he believes he saw an alien space ship in broad daylight hovering over a country field where his family lived.

The rock guitarist and vocalist is no stranger to wild times. He was a part of several bands, including Montrose, during the "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll" era of the 1970s and 1980s, and during its heyday Van Halen was among the biggest acts in rock music.

In his book and in the interview with MTV's Hive, Hagar lets the stories fly on the sex and drugs he did during those years, and he even has a few not-so-nice things to say about another Van Halen lead singer, David Lee Roth, whom Hagar replaced in 1985.

DemonGeminiX
03-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah, Sammy's a big believer in the "out there" stuff. He was on Celebrity Ghost Stories (TV show) where he was talking about how the ghost of his father came back to visit him.

Max
03-21-2011, 01:18 PM
I like Sammy, and he's always been an open kinda guy, and I like his music too.

Alien abductions = anal probes

Sorry about that, Sambo

Hal-9000
03-21-2011, 07:19 PM
"The tale describes how the beings tapped into his mind through a wireless connection."

gotta password protect them brain-routers buddy :thumbsup:

Noilly Pratt
03-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Geez - My wireless connection has trouble getting up to the 3rd floor of our townhouse. When my abduction happens, I'll be sure to get the router protocol they're using and pass it on to y'all! :D

It's one thing to have an alien download your brain, but uploading? It'd bug me not knowing what they uploaded. If someone says "the rooster crowed at midnight" will I bark like a dog? :mrgreen:

Although, it would explain Charlie Sheen's behavior of late...

PapaZ
03-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Too much "Cabo Wabo Tequila". :lol: