PDA

View Full Version : [UCL 28.3] AC Milan v Barcelona & Marseille v Bayern Munich

Jezter
03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Ibrahimović calls for complete Milan display
Having played for them in the past, and against them earlier this season, Zlatan Ibrahimović knows all too well the challenge FC Barcelona pose AC Milan in their quarter-final.

Tournament statistics

Milan / Barcelona
Goals scored 15 / 30
Attempts on target 42 / 67
Attempts off target 61 / 67
Corners 30 / 54
Offsides 36 / 29
Fouls committed 112 / 78
Yellow cards 16 / 10
Red cards 1 / 0

Zlatan Ibrahimović is enjoying a particularly prolific year at AC Milan yet he accepts it will require a complete team performance to overcome FC Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.

Milan met Barcelona in the group stage earlier this season, drawing 2-2 away but losing to the odd goal in five at home. A repeat result at San Siro on Wednesday must be avoided, says Ibrahimović. "We can't lose at home again. We have to play our football and only after the final whistle will we know if things have gone for us," said the Sweden forward. "I will go onto the pitch to do my best. We hope for a positive outcome."

Ibrahimović knows all about the strength of the European champions, having spent a season at Camp Nou in 2009/10, and he believes his team have to produce "a perfect game" to advance to the last four. His Barcelona experience may have lasted just a year, yet Ibrahimović has since become a talisman for Milan, scoring 29 goals in 33 appearances in all competitions this term.

With such an impressive strike rate, it is no surprise he has been Milan's match winner so often. He was at it again on Saturday, notching both Rossoneri goals in the 2-1 home victory against AS Roma. "The most important thing for me is just to play well and win with the club," he said. "When I perform, it's thanks to my team-mates who help me and help me play my best. Nothing is completely down to me. You win together, you lose together."

The 30-year-old recalls his time in Spain with a tinge of regret, but is now interested only in overcoming his erstwhile employers with the Serie A leaders. "It was a pity to stay just a single season in Barcelona, but I can say I played for the greatest team in the world. There's no need to prove anything against them, I just want to play well.

"My future for the next two years is here in Milan," continued Ibrahimović, whose former clubs also include Malmö FF, AFC Ajax, Juventus and FC Internazionale Milano. "I'm happy to play at a fantastic club where I feel really comfortable."

Although many see Milan as underdogs in this tie, the Rossoneri have never lost at home in a European Cup quarter-final. Ibrahimović hopes the storied past of the seven-time continental champions will inspire Massimiliano Allegri's team to fresh success. "The tradition and history of this club force us to play at full throttle in the Champions League. We need to keep following this path."

Marseille put Andrade in Bayern's line of fire
Didier Deschamps has chosen Elinton Andrade, who has not played for Olympique de Marseille since last January, to replace Steve Mandanda against FC Bayern München.

Tournament statistics
Marseille / Bayern
Goals scored 9 / 18
Attempts on target 29 / 67
Attempts off target 48 / 43
Corners 36 / 37
Offsides 18 / 11
Fouls committed 119 / 123
Yellow cards 20 / 15
Red cards 3 / 1

Goalkeeper Elinton Andrade will make his first European appearance in almost three and a half years when Olympique de Marseille host FC Bayern München in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals. Didier Deschamps has picked the 32-year-old, who has not played for OM since January 2011, ahead of Gennaro Bracigliano to deputise for the suspended Steve Mandanda as the French team seek their first win in any competition since overcoming FC Internazionale Milano in the round of 16 first leg more than a month ago.

Marseille
Coach Didier Deschamps
I have spoken to both goalkeepers and made my choice: Andrade will play in goal. I have made this decision because I think it is the best one for the team. Compared with Dortmund, Bayern have greater experience, so they are the favourites. We are going to play a great game, a piece of history for the club, against a great team.

Physically and psychologically, we will be ready. We will need to watch their two quick players on the flanks with the full-backs in order to counter their attacking football. Winning against Bayern would not be a miracle, but they are up for reaching the final and they are going through a very positive run of results. We need to put on two great performances.

Weekend result
Saturday: OGC Nice 1-1 Marseille (Monzón 76pen; A Ayew 56)
Mandanda; Azpilicueta, Diawara (Kaboré 7), Fanni, Morel; Mbia, Cheyrou; Amalfitano, Valbuena, A Ayew (Diarra 72); Brandăo (Gignac 81).

• Substitute Charles Kaboré was sent off just before half-time as Marseille halted a run of seven successive defeats in all competitions, extra time included.

Team news
Souleymane Diawara and Steve Mandanda are both suspended, although Diawara would be unavailable anyway after suffering a knee injury against Nice. André Ayew has been playing despite ongoing shoulder problems that require surgery, while Loďc Rémy (thigh) will undergo a fitness test on the morning of the match.

Bayern
Coach Jupp Heynckes
We play every three days so I spent the full day yesterday analysing OM's football. They are a great team with a great coach that I know well. I have got positive feelings about OM. They play emotional football and will probably be 100% motivated. We will try not to fall into their trap; Marseille are a difficult team, very physical.

We expect a tough game in this stadium but we are confident. I am focused on this match, but we have a lot of respect for this team. We know that scoring away from home is crucial, but we did not score in Basel [and still went through] so I am not too concerned about this.

[Former OM forward Franck] Ribéry wanted OM in the draw. We understand his feelings, but he is having a sensational season and it would be great if he could win a European trophy in Munich.

Weekend result
Saturday: Bayern 2-1 Hannover 96 (Kroos 36 Gomez 68; Ya Konan 74)
Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba; Luiz Gustavo, Pranjić (Tymoshchuk 57); Robben, Kroos (T Müller 78), Ribéry; Olić (Gomez 61).

• Toni Kroos' third goal in five games set Bayern on course for their ninth successive home win. During that time they have scored 32 and conceded four. Initially rested on Saturday, Mario Gomez came on to score his 37th goal in his last 39 games for club and country.

Team news
Bastian Schweinsteiger has made just two substitute appearances since 8 February – most recently the second leg against FC Basel 1893 – because of an ankle problem and was scheduled to have a workout on Tuesday to determine if he is fit enough for consideration. Daniel Van Buyten (broken metatarsal) and Breno (knee) are long-term absentees.

Match fact
Bayern had won six of their previous nine UEFA Champions League away games before going down 1-0 at Basel in the round of 16 first leg. They overturned that deficit with a 7-0 triumph in the return, setting a new record for margin of victory in the UEFA Champions League knockout rounds.

Jezter
03-28-2012, 06:31 PM
BETS SETTLED!

http://i.imgur.com/UOUvp.png
http://i.imgur.com/jRG2j.png

Arkady Renko
03-29-2012, 08:53 AM
almost, almost...

redred
03-29-2012, 10:11 AM
ah balls i've run out of vcash :lol: