PDA

View Full Version : CBS Wants Charlie Sheen Back

AntZ
03-21-2011, 10:56 PM
EXCLUSIVE: CBS Wants Charlie Sheen Back

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 @ 06:28AM

CBS wants Charlie Sheen back on its Two and a Half Men, and they want him back now, RadarOnline.com can is reporting exclusively.

The top exec at the Eye network is ready, willing, and able to forgive and forget all of Sheen's recent antics and continue broadcasting the series, with Sheen back in the starring role, a well-placed insider tells us.

According to our source, CBS President and CEO Les Moonves has been speaking directly with top execs at Warner Bros. Television -- the company that produces Men and also fired Sheen.

Moonves has also spoken directly to 'Men' co-creator and executive producer Chuck Lorre, who has been the target of Sheen's "violent hatred."

Moonves wants a solution that brings Sheen back to the show in a situation everyone can live with.

"Moonves told Chuck Lorre that he should 'let us handle Charlie'," the source says.

Lorre produces two other huge CBS hits, The Big Bang Theory and Mike & Molly. The prolific writer/producer also has several other projects in development for CBS.

"Moonves wants to get the show back on the air. He's all for it," the insider adds. "He says certain people need to forget anything and everything Charlie's done recently and just move on with the business at hand.

"The core issue is, as he put it, the volatile relationship between Charlie Sheen and Chuck Lorre. He believes that if CBS and Warner Bros. TV honchos can find a way to get Chuck and Charlie to speak again, cooler heads will prevail."

Discussions about the possibility of bringing Charlie back to Two and a Half Men have been going on in earnest the last couple of days.

As RadarOnline.com has been reporting, the actor was fired earlier this month, with CBS and Warner Bros. TV issuing a statement that "Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen's services" for their hit sitcom.

Since then, in several exclusive interviews with RadarOnline.com, Sheen's spoken about his "winning" attitude, life with his "goddesses" and regularly referred to everyone connected with 'Men' as "trolls."

He also filed a $100 million lawsuit against Lorre and Warner Bros. TV.

Sheen is now taking his rant on the road, and has 20 concert dates planned, including one at New York's Radio City Music Hall.

It's unclear how far along CBS' Moonves is in convincing the powers at Warner Bros. TV to rehire Charlie or if he'd accept their offer if one is made.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/03/exclusive-cbs-wants-charlie-sheen-back

Max
03-21-2011, 11:10 PM
If true, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Sheen is a money-maker for them, and when there's greed in the mix, business will always prevail

Hal-9000
03-21-2011, 11:15 PM
truly...much adieu about nothing

I'll say it again, that show is funny at times but certainly not in the league of Seinfeld or Friends for example.And his character 'Charlie' is just a toned down extension of himself.

Take a unique and absolutely hilarious character like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory and maybe I could understand....

Godfather
03-22-2011, 03:35 AM
I totally agree Hal

Still... the salary of Two and a Half Men is half what Friends was..... and in terms of viewers it averages far more than that Seinfeld had years back. So from a strictly accounting point of view... the money he makes is outrageous but not unprecedented.

TBBT cast should make more... but that show just hasn't brought CBS the same kind of money. Not even close. And the people cutting the cheques could care less what's funnier/better; it's strictly a dollars and cents game.

Either way, Sheen would be a moron to not take his job back. Without it, he will undoubtedly just trail off behind the next celeb scandal...

Midnight_Beacon
03-22-2011, 04:38 AM
I'm disappointed.

PapaZ
03-22-2011, 11:44 AM
To be honest I've never watched any of CBS's comedy shows... Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Gary Unmarried, Accidentally on Purpose, How I Met Your Mother, or Rules of Engagement... none of them. They just don't appeal to me. So what they do with ol' Charlie won't get a dime out of my pocket. :hand: [-( :meh:

Godfather
03-22-2011, 07:05 PM
If you've never watched them, how do yo know they don't appeal to you :-k

Everyone from my grandma to my little cousins agrees Big Bang Theory is amazing :lol: :D

PorkChopSandwiches
03-22-2011, 07:10 PM
WINNING!!!

Loser
03-22-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry, but two and a half men > then big bang theory.

/hides.

I love them both, but 2 1/2 is better.

Wow, that sounds so extremely gay :lol:

Hal-9000
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry, but two and a half men > then big bang theory.

/hides.

I love them both, but 2 1/2 is better.

Wow, that sounds so extremely gay :lol:

not at all...if you can't argue about entertainment, what can you argue about? :lol:

I was using the character of Sheldon as a comparison to Sheen, not really the shows.
Although there's more humor in 5 minutes of TBBT than there is in 10 episodes of 2 1/2 Drug Addicts

Godfather
03-22-2011, 10:26 PM
I really like both shows :lol:

But I'd watch reruns of TBBT over 2 1/2 men any day

Hal-9000
03-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I's rather watch Celebrity Ditch Diggers than an episode of 2 1/2 Morons