PDA

View Full Version : Evan Rachel Wood: Kate Winslet Helped Me Film Nude Scenes

Teh One Who Knocks
03-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/y5FoL.jpg

When the time came for Evan Rachel Wood to bare all in the HBO mini-series Mildred Pierce (premiering March 27), the 23-year-old actress sought the advice of someone who's done it many times before: her costar, Kate Winslet.

"She coached me through my first nude scene," Wood told E! News Monday. "I mean, she's done it all. She was literally next to the camera going [thumbs-up]."

Still, the Oscar-winning actress, 35, managed to convince Wood to cover up as much as possible.

"I looked at Kate and she was like, 'You've got to do it. Trust me, it's so brave,'" Wood recalled during an interview with Fancast.com. "'Put a merkin on and you'll be fine.'" (A merkin is a pubic wig.)

"Let's just say, I had to wear a wig because it was in the '30s, and everything had to look like it was in the '30s," Wood laughed.

Winslet also advised her young costar to keep the number of on-set spectators to a minimum.

"You keep the room as empty as possible," Winslet advised. "Just kind of being there for her, really, and letting her know there was someone to hold her hand and throw a robe over her at the right moment...made her feel better."

Loser
03-22-2011, 11:50 PM
/googles "Evan Rachel Wood nude"

Joebob034
03-23-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm having mental images of them practicing together

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2011, 12:11 AM
I have no idea what this mini-series is about, but I think I may need to DVR it

Pony
03-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Well, now I know what a merkin is....

*googles "Evan Rachel Wood nude" *

Pony
03-23-2011, 09:48 AM
...and promptly gets attacked by a virus....

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I looked up what it's about...it sounds boring :|