PDA

View Full Version : Woman driving children to N.C. arrested on DUI after driving into flower bed

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Blood-alcohol level was three times legal limit
By Chad Smith - Gainesville Sun

http://i.imgur.com/W2FL6m.jpg

A woman driving with her two children back to North Carolina was arrested Sunday night in Gainesville after she drove into a flower bed and police determined her blood-alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit, according to a Gainesville Police Department arrest report.

Sean N. Currier, 37, was driving from St. Augustine back home to Penrose, N.C., with her 17-month-old and 4-year-old children and had an open bottle of Sierra Nevada beer in the cup holder of the center console when her vehicle ran off the road in the 700 block of Northwest 39th Avenue at about 8 p.m., according to the arrest report.

Currier told police she thought she was in Palatka.

There were three empty bottles and two unopened bottles of the same beer on the passenger-side floorboard, according to the report.

Currier failed a number of sobriety tests, according to the report. She agreed to provide two breath samples that determined her blood-alcohol level was 0.294 and 0.304, well above the legal limit of 0.08.

"I know that I was going to blow a high number," Currier told GPD Officer Chad Welch, according to the arrest report.

Currier was charged with child abuse without great bodily harm, a third-degree felony, and DUI, a misdemeanor, and was being held Monday at the Alachua County jail.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Sierra Nevada beer is pretty strong 5.6%, she needed to stick with something more conducive to driving like MGD thats only 2.8%

Muddy
05-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Careless bitch...

Hal-9000
05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
"Currier told police she thought she was in Palatka."

Ma'am? Come with us please :lol: