PDA

View Full Version : Man legally changes name to Tyrannosaurus Rex

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2012, 07:15 PM
The York News-Times

YORK – What’s in a name? In this case, a few unusual words for one York man who has legally changed his name to Tyrannosaurus Rex.

The term, which in Greek means “tyrant lizard king,” is the name assigned to a large dinosaur. Now, it’s also the title officially adopted by Tyler Gold, 23.

Gold appeared in York County District Court Monday morning, before Judge Alan Gless who heard the unusual request.

In Gold’s official filing with the court, he said he wanted to change his name “because the (T-Rex designation) is cooler. Also, as an entrepreneur, name recognition is important and the new name is more recognizable.” He verbally repeated his reasoning during the court proceedings, while on the witness stand.

Judge Gless asked Gold if he wanted to change his name because he was hiding from creditors or law enforcement. Gold said none of those factors were involved in his request.

Gless noted that Gold had gone through all the proper channels of changing his name, which included formal filing with the court and notice publication.

At the end of Monday’s hearing, Gold’s name was officially changed to Tyrannosaurus Rex Joseph Gold.

perrhaps
05-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I wonder if he drives a Jeepster for love.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-08-2012, 07:50 PM
does he have tiny little arms?

Noilly Pratt
05-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I wonder if he bangs a gong when he gets it on?

Acid Trip
05-08-2012, 08:41 PM
The York News-Times

YORK – What’s in a name? In this case, a few unusual words for one York man who has legally changed his name to Tyrannosaurus Rex.

The term, which in Greek means “tyrant lizard king,” is the name assigned to a large dinosaur. Now, it’s also the title officially adopted by Tyler Gold, 23.

Gold appeared in York County District Court Monday morning, before Judge Alan Gless who heard the unusual request.

In Gold’s official filing with the court, he said he wanted to change his name “because the (T-Rex designation) is cooler. Also, as an entrepreneur, name recognition is important and the new name is more recognizable.” He verbally repeated his reasoning during the court proceedings, while on the witness stand.

Judge Gless asked Gold if he wanted to change his name because he was hiding from creditors or law enforcement. Gold said none of those factors were involved in his request.

Gless noted that Gold had gone through all the proper channels of changing his name, which included formal filing with the court and notice publication.

At the end of Monday’s hearing, Gold’s name was officially changed to Tyrannosaurus Rex Joseph Gold.

A real bad ass wouldn't leave his real name on the end. Just another poser.

Hal-9000
05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
A real bad ass wouldn't leave his real name on the end. Just another poser.

Exactly....I changed my name from Rob Wilhelm to Johnny Smith :thumbsup: